Default X-Men Monday #111 – Marvel’s Voices: Pride

Anthony Oliveira(Iceman) & Steve Orlando(Daken&Somnus)

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/14/x-...oices-pride-2/
    Be kind, it's FREE

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Anthony Oliveira is the only person at Marvel to actually get Iceman.

Give him Marauders.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I really like this callback to Uncanny X-Men #319 where Bobby goes to see his parents with Rogue
    Certainly one of the best Bobby centric-issues

Oh, that's an interesting take, how being in the "closet" regarding being a mutant might have lengthened Bobby being the closet about his sexuality.

Good. If his Pride works, I'd love to see a writer to use Iceman with passion, finally, after almost 2 years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    Good. If his Pride works, I'd love to see a writer to use Iceman with passion, finally, after almost 2 years.
    With passion straight into another quick cancelation? Or as part of a team? Because i think the later might actualy have a chance to last a bit if the overall team and book can stand on it's own legs.

I really couldn't live in Marvel.

Daken would be my #1 weakness.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    With passion straight into another quick cancelation? Or as part of a team? Because i think the later might actualy have a chance to last a bit if the overall team and book can stand on it's own legs.
    I wasn't saying giving Orlando another Iceman solo. And actually I'm expecting the same thing with you: a team book would be better.

However present x-titles' future is hard to predict, I mean Duggan seems to quickly end Marauders but it's hard to say a substitute team book involving Bobby is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Anthony Oliveira is the only person at Marvel to actually get Iceman.

Give him Marauders.
    He's the Que(h)ero we deserve.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm not familiar with Anthony Oliveira's writing but I like what he had to say about Iceman. Same for Steve Orlando and Daken/Somnus - I'm actually hoping to see more of Orlando's writing around Krakoa in the future.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    I wasn't saying giving Orlando another Iceman solo. And actually I'm expecting the same thing with you: a team book would be better.

However present x-titles' future is hard to predict, I mean Duggan seems to quickly end Marauders but it's hard to say a substitute team book involving Bobby is coming.
    That's true. It's difficult to judge how long a book can last and when the next replacement team book might be thrown after it and how long that one could last.

Though thanks to his power level and legacy status as founding X-men, it would only be a matter of time until Iceman shows up on a team again. But there is then the obvious question of what ever he will be just wall paper again defined by being the occasional "problem resolution button" and what guy he is currently dating, or if he will actualy be an active character presented with depth.

Something which the character has often lacked even before the recent retcon of his sexuality and which has arguably not improved since either.

So i would hope the next writer's passion for Iceman are based on him as a long lasting character overall and not just his sexuality. Though being able to present the later as matter of fact without constantly making it the main focus of the character would be a good balance in my opinion.

If Orlando can find said balance thanks to his personal experience and skills as a writer, then i agree he should be given a shot.