Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    *sigh*
    Judd Winick, everybody!

(Though, I still find Under the Hood to be a Batman classic)

Don't know how I missed this issue of Catwoman , in America all the violence in the world is ok.
    But sex is still taboo , sad 😔

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Lol these priorities are hilariously skewed.

It's ok to have some Batman media featuring him dishing out OTT violence and sometimes torture. But eating out his significant other is just too far? Think of the children!
    Seriously. If Batman murdering criminals and branding people like cattle didn't destroy his toy sales then a joke about him performing oral sex in a cartoon targeted at an adult audience won't be the thing that does it.

There has always been a interesting line in modern culture between violence and sex. For example movies can show incredible levels of violence and be rated pg-13. Though show one boob and it’s an automatic R. Kind of silly to single out DC for being aware of this.

I feel like people are making this a far bigger deal than it actually is.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

He's the goddamn Batman! Bitches are supposed to go down on HIM!

In all seriousness, this whole thing just sounds stupid. Harley Quinn isn't exactly kiddie fare. And they are more likely to hear about this from the "controversy" than they would have from the show itself. Either make a show for adults or don't. But don't half ass it. Supposedly they don't use the word "****" while outright killing people on screen. It sounds like their standards are just completely arbitrary. I've never seen the show but I guess Dr. Psycho, an ACTUAL RAPIST in the comics, is one of the main characters. So is King Shark who EATS PEOPLE in the comics. The red ban trailer for Suicide Squad has "****" in it. That wasn't controversial. But sex of any kind in a show aimed at the same audience is off limits. Peace Maker was told to eat a dick. I mean, come on.
    Assassinate Putin!

DC is odd about this issue
    I mean some fans are even defending them on this
    Violence and some incredibly tasteless examples of gruesome character death in the recent justice league dark apokolips war, Injustice Games, or Mortal Kombat games means that they definitely have no problem with DC characters being gratuitously killed or embarrassed violently

But sex...No only villains can have sex
    Heroes don't perform oral sex...
    Even for this show Harley Quinn is for adults all the F bombs and violence in general should tell the higher ups its not that big a deal. Batman isn't going to be worse a character for this

DC superheroes have been fairly adult for quite a while now. I don't think this is all that shocking any more. This isn't the 1966 camp era!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

So I guess despite all the Bat-favoritism, DC is showing their hand in that they don't really get Batman's character either.

Billionaire slut Bruce Wayne is the JL member that is the second most likely to be down to perform cunnilingus.

First is Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Seriously. If Batman murdering criminals and branding people like cattle didn't destroy his toy sales then a joke about him performing oral sex in a cartoon targeted at an adult audience won't be the thing that does it.
    "Batman absolutely cannot eat out Catwoman's box. Heroes don't do that! Think of the children!...who aren't watching this"

*earlier conversation*

"...yeah, have him brand people in the PG-13 movie that we are marketing as a big event we want families to bring their kids too and basing toys off of."

I can't buy that they are worried about toy sales if a character has sex. How many Harley Quinn toys have they sold to kids? And those are the ones kids can afford. For adults (like the audience for this particular show), how many high-end collectibles of Harley Quinn have they sold? Hell, there's been at least 4 Hot Toys figures released at over $200 a pop, and most have sold out.

And if they are saying heroes can't have sex... uh, anyone want to explain to the where Damian came from? Or Jonathan Kent? Bart Allen? Jade and Obsidian?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And if they are saying heroes can't have sex... uh, anyone want to explain to the where Damian came from? Or Jonathan Kent? Bart Allen? Jade and Obsidian?
    I mean, again, they have shown Batman and Catwoman having sex in animation. They just draw the line at it getting as explicit as the HQ crew wanted to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    So to summarize, Batman doesn't masturbate, doesn't sit, doesn't have a dick, and doesn't eat pussy
    No wonder Catwoman left him at the altar
    He's also not allowed to get married, so she had to leave him at the altar. Or has that rule changed now? I remember around the time of New 52 it was stated Bat-characters weren't allowed to be happy, so marriage was not allowed.

...so they let Batman get drugged and raped.

Sleep with Batgirl in a comic (and in Batman Beyond or so i heard).

Show off his wang.

But not let him go down on his significant other in an R-rated cartoon meant for adults.

DC sure is weird.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like people are making this a far bigger deal than it actually is.
    Of course its not that big of a deal, its just that it is hilariously ironic.

They have with this a problem, but not with painting batman as the guy the whole DC universe wants to bang with, said yes to the batgirl thing in the killing joke adaption.
    They gave their okay to weird stuff while selling his toys, but after everything the HQ show did already...this is where they draw the line.

Its just funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    He's also not allowed to get married, so she had to leave him at the altar. Or has that rule changed now? I remember around the time of New 52 it was stated Bat-characters weren't allowed to be happy, so marriage was not allowed.
    And i thank the gods for that to be honest, the last thing i ever want is Bruce marrying Selina.
    Not that im pleased with the kind of lonely vibe i get from many bat characters...but we dont have to go the full mile the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Show off his wang.
    Didnt they had a problem with that too with Batman Damned?
    I remember DC making a bit deal out of this back in the day.

Yes, there were even some speculations that Black Label might get cancelled entirely due to Batpenis.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It’s more they are saying they don’t want to show the explicit details of how their most broadly marketed character has sex. And while other people at DC have allowed for other examples of him displayed in various other sex acts, the current people in charge might not have and might even see some of those as having gone too far.

It’s a no win situation for DC. Honestly I’d be pissed at the Harley Quinn creators for this. Cause fact is DC would get people yelling at them for allowing them to do it, just like they did for Bat penis. They might not always get it right, but they have to think in those kinds of terms with their foundation characters. As big as Harley Quinn is, she is still not Batman. They can’t just do whatever with characters that popular and broadly marketed. Not like tv show creators who’s main priority is just their show.

So while everyone might not necessarily agree with it, I think we can still understand where they might be coming from with the decision.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-16-2021 at 04:29 AM.