Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

DC keeps showing that they don't know their own characters

#NotMyBatman

I didn't even know a man going down a woman was this much of a big deal until this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkViKing View Post
    I mean that makes sense, but then it also doesnt.
    If they think this far ahead, why havent they done so with the killing joke movie prologue?

I remember there were quite the bad headlines after this too, but did it affect the toy sales or so much?
    Yeah… if we live in a day and age where Batman cartoons already include an inappropriate relationship with Batgirl, and pretty blatant rape of Batman by Talia, a dirty joke in a dirty joke show about Batman and Catwoman “getting along” a particular way really shouldn’t be seen as some further issue.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Yeah… if we live in a day and age where Batman cartoons already include an inappropriate relationship with Batgirl, and pretty blatant rape of Batman by Talia, a dirty joke in a dirty joke show about Batman and Catwoman “getting along” a particular way really shouldn’t be seen as some further issue.
    Wasn't it also revealed a while back, in the King run, that Batman has a secret language with his family - where he communicates with them by punching them?

So, DC is fine with Batman hitting his family, most of whom are kids.

Incredible Member

Cynically, this has been great promotion of the Harley show. I'm leaning fake controversy at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Cynically, this has been great promotion of the Harley show. I'm leaning fake controversy at this point.
    Really? I didn't think this had anything to do with the show. In fact, your post reminded me the show was even airing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Really? I didn't think this had anything to do with the show. In fact, your post reminded me the show was even airing.
    Either I'm overly cynical or you're naive, my friend. I think when the showrunner/writer released this news, he knew it would cause a stir and bring attention to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I didn't even know a man going down a woman was this much of a big deal until this.
    Everything is a big deal in fandoms.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    It too hbomax trending series becuase of it

Extraordinary Member

DC got to them.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

DC got to them.
    Wait you used to be able to do it?

I think it refers to "tea bagging" where you'd keep pressing "crouch" button near killed opponent's head. It is (was?) present in pretty much every shooter game where you could crouch. No, its not oral sex.

Reading the article (https://www.pcgamesn.com/fortnite/bear-hug-disabled) it's actually a glitch with a hugging animation that causes the character giving the hug to bend down such that it looks like the act in question.
    Pull List:
    - Action Comics
    - Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    "Heroes don't do that"
    Seems similar to Didio saying that no one in the DCU masterbates
    https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/dc-m...cene-season-3/
    Its for Harley Quinn season 3 but it continues the trend of DC basically stripping Batman of all his edge since the bat penis saga began
    George Carlin was joking about television's warped sense of priorities back in the 1970s. They can show murderous, gory violence even in a kid's game but that puritanical taboo that kids shouldn't even know sex exists is still with us.
    Power with Girl is better.