Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    No wonder he has so many failed relationships.
    I thought heroes were about the gift of giving. I guess not.

I feel like I should point out we've gotten Batman/Catwoman sex scenes in like 2-3 animated films by this point but this was probably a too explicit and kinky kind of sex for them to show the characters partaking in.

Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

Ironic how DC's reaction being made public has led to a lot of people clowning on the character they're trying to "protect".

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like I should point out we've gotten Batman/Catwoman sex scenes in like 2-3 animated films by this point but this was probably a too explicit and kinky kind of sex for them to show the characters partaking in.
    And yet there hasn't been a live action one yet. I wonder if the new movie will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    And yet there hasn't been a live action one yet. I wonder if the new movie will change that.
    #ReleaseTheOralCut

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    Ironic how DC's reaction being made public has led to a lot of people clowning on the character they're trying to "protect".
    i'm not sure if this wasn't a marketing for the tv show and HBO Max. Majority of batman fans aren't aware of this news

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Majority of batman fans aren't aware of this news
    This story has already gotten more reach than anything actually from a Batman comic since dickgate.

This type of sex is pretty vanilla
    I'm not sure why its not cool for Batman but A okay or Green Arrow to go down on Black Canary

They have to make a joke about this in the show though
    Something like Bruce is a selfish lover or something

Its funny how this story has since gone viral
    I wasn't expecting such a silly story to become fodder for memes and jokes but Batman is a generous provider

It's very funny that this is where they apparently draw the line after so many questionable and controversial depictions of Batman they have allowed to run through.

Mighty Member

Generally, I agree that these characters should be PG13 because the target audience is mainly kids, but DC is trying to have it both ways they want to create an adult line of comics or tv show but the only approved acceptable behaviour is violence whereas any sexual behaviour that goes beyond PG is censored.

I also strongly disagree that we should not focus on the romantic lives of superhero characters, the more removed these characters have become from having any romantic, social, work and personal life the more boring they have become.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Gotta love DC.

Batgirl has sex with Batman on top of a roof in an animated movie - Good to go.

Catwoman and batman have sex on top of a roof in a comic - Good to go.

Batman flashes his penis in the Black Label comic - Good to go until people notice.

Batman goes down on Catwoman in an adult cartoon - Nope. never. can't do it. to submissive. maybe Catwoman can go down on batman and we'll approve it? All superheroes are virgins now. Cant sell Batmerch like that. Ruins Batmans alpha male status.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Batman goes down on Catwoman in an adult cartoon - Nope. never. can't do it. to submissive. maybe Catwoman can go down on batman and we'll approve it? All superheroes are virgins now. Cant sell Batmerch like that. Ruins Batmans alpha male status.
    I actually wonder as well if this is really about the submissiveness thing. They think showing him do that makes him less of an alpha. Because honestly, the toy explanation is bullshit. This show is for ADULTS and they sure as hell know that, given everything they've let them do with all these characters on the show already.

I think it's about something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    This type of sex is pretty vanilla
    I'm not sure why its not cool for Batman but A okay or Green Arrow to go down on Black Canary

They have to make a joke about this in the show though
    Something like Bruce is a selfish lover or something

Its funny how this story has since gone viral
    I wasn't expecting such a silly story to become fodder for memes and jokes but Batman is a generous provider
    Have Ollie and Dinah ever been that explicit? Maybe in a Mike Grell comic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, it just feels like the relationship, sex lives, and shipping drama has gotten way out of control. This story is kind of funny/weird, but also a little sad that people care so much about the sex life of a character that is used to also sell toys and underwear to kids. There has always been friction between these IPs trying to live in both worlds, or at least to me I guess.
    Maybe it might be my own bias talking but I think those relationships are partially what gets people invested in the stories to begin with.

This is absolutely hilarious, somebody at DC is having fun with this little controversy

https://mobile.twitter.com/DC_Animat...09612150542339
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Maybe it might be my own bias talking but I think those relationships are partially what gets people invested in the stories to begin with.
    You're right. They are.