View Poll Results: Should Shang Chi become the new Iron Fist ?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 13.11%
  • No

53 86.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should Shang Chi become the new Iron Fist ?

I really don't follow either character but both have been around since I can remember.
    I've always thought that those two heroes could/should become one, probably because of the kung fu thing and now after seeing preview art of the new Iron Fist mini-series that does look a little like Shang Chi.
    Is there anything that should/could prevent this from happening in the characters backstories and histories ?.
    iron-fist.jpg
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 10-29-2021 at 03:10 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Not for the long term. Maybe as a miniseries deconstructing the idea. I've seen fanart for it on DeviantArt so maybe in a reboot.

A barrier would be Shang-Chi not growing up there. Kun Lun is isolationist and Danny only was allowed to take trials because he was raised there. So maybe just have Shang's family be from there?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-29-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member

No, I would like to see an Iron Fist/Shang Chi team up mini.But w/ Danny preferably

Shang Chi is its own brand now. Which is think is why we are seeing a new Asian Iron Fist, as they want to bolster their stable of Asian characters after the success of the Shang Chi film. So no, Shang Chi should not become the new Iron Fist.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-29-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Danny is the one true Iron Fist. Accept no substitutes.

That said if they are obsessed with taking it away from him and going a different route... I'd say sure, whatever. Honestly, I've always found Shang Chi pretty boring in the comics. There's only so far that 'Master of Kung Fu' can go in a world dominated with Super powers. Even the movie had to give him the 10 rings.

Giving him a Chi based power may actually make him relevant somehow...

Of course it also robs him of what makes him unique... But I'll choose superheroes WITH powers over super heroes without powers any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    ^^^That’s my opinion.
    There’s nothing wrong w. Danny.
    Nothing needs fixing.
    No race needs swapping.

Ultimate Member

Shang-Chi is his own character. I don't think he needs to be IF

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post

That said if they are obsessed with taking it away from him and going a different route... I'd say sure, whatever. Honestly, I've always found Shang Chi pretty boring in the comics. There's only so far that 'Master of Kung Fu' can go in a world dominated with Super powers. Even the movie had to give him the 10 rings.

Giving him a Chi based power may actually make him relevant somehow...

Of course it also robs him of what makes him unique... But I'll choose superheroes WITH powers over super heroes without powers any day of the week.
    These were my thoughts exactly, if they do plan to take the Iron Fist away from Danny Rand then they should give it to Shang Chi if not to just power him up.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Keep both characters just as they are now. Only Danny is the Iron Fist.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Shang Chi has his own stuff going on now. So build on that.

IF is a separate thing. If the mantle needs to be passed to someone else then give it to a new character or a supporting character who needs the boost. Don't make characters interchangeable. Keep them unique. Shang has plenty of his own lore that could be explored.

Niffleheim

No, Shangi-Chi doesn't need the exposure but it would benefit some unknown character that needs a boost even though Iron Fist as an IP isn't the way to do it because the IP can't even sustain itself
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Why dont they go for sort of an MCU synergy.
    Shang-chi has the 10-Rings going for him. Why not go with that?
    Shang-chi with the 10-rings, Makluans & May be a space adventure.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Shang doesn't need to be Iron Fist. Give him the ten rings

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Shang doesn't need to be Iron Fist. Give him the ten rings
    I wouldn't mind that

Ultimate Member

Shang doesn't need the Iron Fist. And while *I* prefer super-powered heroes to non-super-heroes, the existence of that Bat-guy over at that other company suggests that a non-super-hero can work.

If the iron fist is to be shared with or bestowed upon someone else, I'd rather it be Colleen Wing. (And even then, I'd prefer 'shared with' to 'replace.')