Astonishing Member

Default Teresa Parker Appreciation 2021

I started this thread because I want to share my opinion about one of the latest characters introduced in Spider-Man's world: Teresa Parker, Peter's long lost sister.

Look, I understand many of you have reservations about this character, but personally, I really like her. I mean, Peter has been an orphan since he was a baby, leaving him alone in the world with no one but Uncle Ben and Aunt May. Then it came Uncle Ben's death, and Aunt May became the only family for Peter (if don't count Mary Jane as his wife). As much as I appreciate Aunt May, I think it's obvious they will have to take her "out of the picture" because no old lady can last forever, even in comics. (I said this by experience because my maternal grandma reached to live 100 years, but even she had to go).

So, before they decide to take Aunt May out of the picture permenently, I believe they should let Peter to have another relative in his life. The idea of a long lost sister is a little cliche, but in a world as crazy as Peter's, it might actually work. As far as I see, the closest thing I have seen in comics was Spider-Woman from the "Ultimate Spider-Man" comics. I know she's supposed to be Jessica Drew's counterpart, but her face, her design and her suit is very similar to Teresa's own. And since Ultimate Spider-Woman is a female clone of Spider-Man, it makes the "sister's relationship" more real. Of course, I don't want Teresa be something like another clone (which is already tiresome), but a genuine sister for Peter Parker.

Also, all the animated series of Spider-Man have adapted the stories from their ages, just like Flash Thompson as Agent Venom was included in "Ultimate Spider-Man" or Horizon High in "Marvel's Spider-Man". Therefore, I think it would be interesting if they somehow adapt Teresa Parker to an animated series.

What do you think?

Extraordinary Member

Well...I already had one but it fell to page 3. Guess there is not much appreciation for her....

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2021

I personally love Teresa...and hope they keep her around for a long time and do NOT retcon her family status.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Well...I already had one but it fell to page 3. Guess there is not much appreciation for her....

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2021

I personally love Teresa...and hope they keep her around for a long time and do NOT retcon her family status.
    Sorry, I didn't know there was a thread like this already, but it surprises me I had no warning from the forums about the existence of another thread with the same title.

Anyway, glad to know you share my opinion, pal. I really don't want her family status retconed either.

Mighty Member

I feel her being around is contrived and it follows up the worst plot development Lee ever gave to Peter Parker, but I like having her around and hope she stays with being Peter's sister.
    She adds something to the Spider-man mythos, something I felt was missing for a while now.
    I just want an issue where she meets Aunt May. I've wanted it since Zdarksy ended his run on Spectacular.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I feel her being around is contrived and it follows up the worst plot development Lee ever gave to Peter Parker, but I like having her around and hope she stays with being Peter's sister.
    She adds something to the Spider-man mythos, something I felt was missing for a while now.
    I just want an issue where she meets Aunt May. I've wanted it since Zdarksy ended his run on Spectacular.
    I happen to like Theresa. I just wonder if Spencer is going to make her a robot and ( or) betray Peter. It seems to be a theme of his run ( JJJ, Boomerang and MJ because of the Mysterio movie).

Astonishing Member

I really hope Teresa won't be removed from Spider-Man's world. I just thought that, better than involve his own brother into the world of spies, maybe she could recruit Peter's clones (Kaine and Ben) for some missions. It would be interesting to see how Peter's "brother" would react to their newfound "sister".