Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I haven't read a lot of DC War comics, but I guess I haven't really had much of a chance to read them. I like Sgt. Rock though.

Anything cosmic. I like Marvel's cosmic side of things well enough, but DC's is so sparse in comparison that any attempts to make it compelling and interesting fall flat for me because I like it being kind of underdeveloped and sparse. That's what makes it unique.

Incredible Member

War comics.

Lobo.

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Anything cosmic. I like Marvel's cosmic side of things well enough, but DC's is so sparse in comparison that any attempts to make it compelling and interesting fall flat for me because I like it being kind of underdeveloped and sparse. That's what makes it unique.
    That's because DC focuses primarily on Lanterns or the New Gods instead of the Vega System, Tamaran, Thanagar, the Dark Stars, Omega Men, Cithadel, Dominators, Psions, LEGION, all of whom are left collecting dust. One reason I'm enjoying the current GL and some of Tom King's stuff is that they are finally focusing on those areas.

Their westerns and war comics.
    I also don't usually like Harley Quinn's or Ambush Bug's solos. They're just not my type of humor. I love JLI, thought.

Never had an interest in the cosmic side or dc, or marvel. Can't get too interested in Batman,.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Not sure what this gemworld stuff is all about. Doesn't seem like something that fits in the DCU, though I imagine I might like it if I learned more.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Constantine. Just don't care for him. The magic side of DC got really boring to me the minute he reared his head in the mainline comics. I agree with John Venus. He steals all the attention and I just don't care. I miss when the magic side of DC didn't just consist of Constantine having to save the day.

Flash. I like Wally, Jessie Quick, XS, Jay, and Impulse but don't care at all for the Speed Force or the Flash's villains.

War comics

Mighty Member

For me it's pretty very common for me to avoid:

1) Damian Wayne: The Worst Robin I can't believe DC keep pushing.

2) John Constantine: TOO DEMONIC FOR ME, it doesn't appease me at all wherever he show up.

3) Simon Baz: He is quite a boring lantern. Jessica or Jo at least have an interesting traits about their lantern cores.

4) Harley Quinn: OH HECK NO!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH DC!! STOP PUSHING HER!! She is totally a feminazi.

5) Iris West: She isn't an intersting supporting character except being a good wife of Barry.

6) Green Arrow: Sorry I am Hawkeye fan. Beside, I never like Oliver Queen at all because of his political background and his big stupid ass mouth.

7) Power Girl: She is taking too much spotlight that the other JSA got overshadowed all because she is a sex appease.

8) Man-Bat: We don't need another mutant Bat anymore.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Constantine. A Constantine heavy book can get me to put it back on the shelf even if my LCS pulled it for me. I just can't with that chode. I make a begrudging exception with Justice League Dark.

Harley Quinn. She just annoys me at this point thanks in no small part to her serial sexual harassment of Power Girl and how she more or less never had a redemption arc but is treated like she did.

Red Hood. Literally don't care about this dude. I read his book for Soy's art and Artemis. They left and so did my interest.

Damian. The best thing this kid ever did was give The Heretic's blade a nice warm chest to rest in.

Gemworld. I don't have an opinion any which way. Just never grabbed me.

I'll say these characters are on time out. I'm burnt out, but I want to love again:

Cyborg. I can't open the Cyborg playlist of "am I man or machine," "am I machine or man" and "be I mechanized or man" and hit shuffle again. I just can't. Find a new angle, Vic deserves one.

Teen Titans. They just have no idea what to ever do with this IP, and every new direction they take is designed to drive me away (anchoring on Damian is a good way to do that). I'm picking up Academy for a minute, but that's more for my Nightwing and Starfire fix.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Anything western or romance.

Not that DC publishes anything in either realm... but if they did I can guarantee you I'd avoid it!
    Aw, dude. You're killing me. Westerns rule and I'm an absolute schmuck for a good love story.

Quote Originally Posted by thanatoskun View Post
    Anything Lois Lane related
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Legion of Superheroes: I loved their show as a kid but I never could get into them in the comics. I love Tyroc tho #Justice4Tyroc

Anything focused on Lois Lane or Jimmy Olsen: you will never convince me any solo material with them isn't forced and/or purely nostalgia driven.
    Both of y'all are getting coal for Christmas.
    Last edited by Robanker; 06-14-2021 at 10:58 PM.

Things not tied to Earth. I can do Westerns, though I am more into the old silver age stuff than grittier stuff (not into dark or gritty). But not into future setting.

I liked the idea of Adam Strange, but found myself uninterested in the comics I read. I liked the GLs better on Earth. I have other reasons not to be into the Legion, but probably wouldn't be anyway, given the world they operate in.

An occasional one-off episodic with characters in space is fine, but send Superman off-world for an extended amount of time and I'm out. And that includes doing a lot of Krypton stuff.

Kinda weird, in a way, because I like space-based scifi shows and movies. I read swords and sorcery type fantasy novels. But I don't like it for my superhero comic books. Even though I was a He-Man fan as a kid.

Constantine for reasons already given by few posters here.
    JLD - I followed it for a while during New 52, but at some point I realised that magic related characters being in a team is complete opposite of what I want from stories about magic users.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    JLD - I followed it for a while during New 52, but at some point I realised that magic related characters being in a team is complete opposite of what I want from stories about magic users.
    Yeah. I love me some Dr. Fate, or some Etrigan, or even some Amethyst (in her own world/setting, anyway), but once there's a team of magical folk together, it gets weird, because they are all always inconsistently portrayed, and when they're in a pack, it gets even harder to figure out whether Phantom Stranger is more or less a magic boss than Etrigan or Dr. Fate, or whatever. In all of their cases, I love them either as part of another group, like Sargon on the All-Stars, or White Witch/Dragonmage/Glorith on the Legion, but don't want them in a group. Magicians are like powerful spices. Too many strong competing flavors all at once, and it's blech.

As for genres I don't care for, seconding Westerns and Romance, and also some comedic books. I enjoy some offbeat stuff with the Inferior Five, for instance, as long as it's kept well away from more serious characters and plots, but I can't stand Ambush Bug or Lobo, who seem to exist to make other characters look foolish or bad. Funny I like. Mocking, not so much.

Batman and Superman, not interested in neither of them.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Alternative universes and magic related characters