Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So basically you hate DC
    Honestly, the only reason why I still pay attention to DC these days is because they have the rights to Vixen. If it wasn't for Vixen, I would have stopped paying attention to DC entirely.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Teenage superhero comics. (Robin, Young Justice) per example.

I know they are necessary to attract young readers, but I'm pretty much sure most people are not into them when they pass a certain age.
    Based on what? A hunch?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    There’s not a specific corner of DC that I dislike. I think a good story can be told in almost any setting. I’ve never had any interest in Amythyst and Gemworld, but it doesn’t mean I hate the whole magic/fantasy side of the DCU.

As a character, I really don’t like Firestorm. He has the power of a god and can turn oxygen into a working nuke. The only way to make the character work is by keeping Ronnie dumb. Which really makes him a weak character. But I still like the DC super science and molecular characters.

Jon Kent as Superman? Hell no!

So basically you hate DC
    There is still a fair portion of DC left after those are gone. New 52 really took the wind out of their sails so I understand the poster's position

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    You must be perpetually resentful!

But seriously, I do agree. That "Infected" bullsh*t killed the momentum of Venditti's Hawkman, almost to the point I wanted to drop it - and I think many people did. They did a great job of rebounding, but it was too late at that point I think.
    Yes lol. Well not really but....

I almost quit Hawkman to because of the Sky Tyrant story arch. I haven't looked at the sales during that time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they dipped badly....I can't help but think that there was a good Gentleman Jim storyline waiting in the pipeline ...but oh well.

I've always been that way though, even when I was little, I couldn't understand why the Legion of Superheroes story arch had to be interrupted so they could go back in time for 2 issues to partake in a crossover event.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I feel the Legion is a cool but extremely vast concept that needs a gateway character to get into. In the past that role was played by Superman or Supergirl (characters fans are already familiar with) but now I feel a new fan trying to get involved with the Legion just gets flooded with characters.

Batman after Dennis O'Neil left.
    O'Neil had a knack as an editor (and writer) of street heroes to keep them grounded and relatable.
    Batman today is nigh-unrelatable to me.

And having Harley-Quinn around doesn't help. I'm not a fan of her.
    Her association with Suicide Squad has turned me off to it, as well.
    I did like it back during the Ostrander days.

I also don't care for Damian. I do like Talia and Ra's al Ghul. Just not Damian.
    Tim was doing just fine (and had a cooler costume).

I didn't like how the Green Lantern Corps essentially obliterated every other space character or team at DC.

So... let's see....

Batman (Batgod in particular)
    Suicide Squad (primarily due to Harley Quinn)
    Damian
    Green Lantern (and the Corps)
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Batman after Dennis O'Neil left.
    O'Neil had a knack as an editor (and writer) of street heroes to keep them grounded and relatable.
    Batman today is nigh-unrelatable to me.

And having Harley-Quinn around doesn't help. I'm not a fan of her.
    Her association with Suicide Squad has turned me off to it, as well.
    I did like it back during the Ostrander days.

I also don't care for Damian. I do like Talia and Ra's al Ghul. Just not Damian.
    Tim was doing just fine (and had a cooler costume).

I didn't like how the Green Lantern Corps essentially obliterated every other space character or team at DC.

So... let's see....

Batman (Batgod in particular)
    Suicide Squad (primarily due to Harley Quinn)
    Damian
    Green Lantern (and the Corps)
    Hopefully one of these days Tim fans will learn to stop blaming Damian for Tim's issues.

It's been over 12 years and DC has tried 5 different mantles and roles for Tim and still he just can't stand on his own.

It's not Damian's fault. Tim just isn't very good without Robin.

I like all corner's of DC just hate some of their entitled, deluded and intolerant fans.

It's been over 12 years and DC has tried 5 different mantles and roles for Tim and still he just can't stand on his own.

It's not Damian's fault. Tim just isn't very good without Robin.
    I don't think it's Damian's fault, but I don't think it's the lack of Robin, either. Getting rid of his supporting cast and moving him under Batman's roof was the problem to me. That and making him a brooding mini-Bruce (including the Batgod tendencies). They've sometimes tried to correct that, but once something is lost, it's hard to get it back. I think he'd have done better if he'd been allowed to grow up back then, even, rather than what they did do to further entwine him with Bruce (then again, I really don't like modern Batman/Batgod/Batjerk, so that influences me). Dick shined brightest when independent, IMO, though I did like the Dixon years, too. Though him back under Batman's thumb was more a consequence of his decline (the downhill quality of NTT) than a cause of it, though it did exacerbate it, IMO.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-01-2021 at 05:56 PM.