Default Would you have brought an non-mutant Hellfire Gala issue ?

I was just re-reading the Hellfire Gala issues and thought that it would've been pretty damn cool to see the other characters reactions to being invited to the Hellfire Gala, world leaders, the Avengers, the Fantastic Four and those not getting an invite or still waiting for it to arrive via mail or email like Peter Parker (Spider-Man) hahaha, sorry so couldn't help myself. It would've been interesting reading how these characters initially reacted to their invitations, their personal and professional agendas specifically.
    Who was invited but declined etc.
    I was hoping to see Beast talking to the Avengers, especially with his current persona compared to how Beast was portrayed when last on the Avengers.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Most likely yes, as I'm all in on the Hickman era. Really it would depend on the concept of the issue(s).
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Yes! I was thinking this the other day when reflecting on the potential Illuminati thing, if they did Hellfire Gala: Illuminati I so would’ve bought

Ultimate Member

An Avengers or Fantastic Four issue dedicated to the Gala could have been interesting.

Or even something farther afield like a Guardians of the Galaxy, Champions or Agents of Atlas! (Groups like the Guardians and Champions which may have one or more mutants, even better.)

Depends on who the write would have been if was written by hickman, zdarsky, ewing or priest then yes. If written by Aaron, Tini or Slott definitely no.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I surelu would by Avengers and GotG tie-inns, FF and Spidey would depend on the support cast, just them seem to boring.

Also nice would be Alpha Flight, Imp Guard and a Winter Guard tie-inn
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member

Hard no. It is just a party. These happen all the time, I don't sit around wondering how everyone in the MU reacts to some party or some other event, or anything really that is not intentionally part of their story.

Mighty Member

Depends, with the X-Books, I'm only picking them all up whenever there's an event (X of Swords, hellfire Gala).
    I'm in Hickman's run for the long haul and believe it's the best thing marvel have put out since... Well... Maybe since Ultimate Spider-man.
    So yeah, if we got a Eternals or Guardians issue that tied into the event, I would have. It helps that I get those books anyway so it would have been a nice piece of continuity. I'm not so sure about Avengers or Fantastic Four however. I think Aaron is doing a poor job on Avengers and Slott's Fantastic Four seems to try to detach itself too much from the X-Men.

It partly depends on the writer

BANNED

Nope, I don't plan on paying for an arc that I feel will be a total disappointment. I will read it though...
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-15-2021 at 03:52 PM.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

It would depend on who was featured.
    My flag is bacon.

Nope the gala itself has been a snooze fest. We dont need to stretch one party even longer

Fantastic Member

nothing has happened so far. so a tie in of .... more nothing.

strong pass on that one.

pretty underwhelming so far.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Not a full issue about it. Hell I don't think a full issue supports some of the X books tying in

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Not a full issue about it. Hell I don't think a full issue supports some of the X books tying in
    It depends who is featured, the Avengers alone would've been interesting especially after their appearance on Krakoa in Children of the Atom #2, T'Challa talking about Wakandas involvement, Doctor Doom and Latverias view point, the Fantastic Fours reaction not to mention Reed and Susan Storm talking to Franklin and even if he wants to attend or not.
    Were Wanda and Pietro invited ? or even just their reactions at watching it on the News would've been interesting imo.
    I think that there would've been enough material to fill an whole issue though I do agree with you on some of these X-books tie ins totally meh.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)