Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Post Which Corner of the Marvel Universe Do You Have No Interest In?

Are you a big Marvel fan but show no interest in a certain type of story, genre, or character they publish?

Lost all interest in Ultimate Comics & the Ultimate Universe, with the exception of...

Ultimate Peter Parker/Spider-Man

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-14-2021 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Street level characters do nothing for me. Never have. I sometimes tolerate them if they're on a team with powerful types, but otherwise, I don't have the patience for the jobbing, PIS and general f***ery necessary to explain how a person with a bow, a gun, a shield or fluttering wings routinely survives one battle a month, let alone multiple fights with armed assailants, many of whom are far more powerful in their own right.

Street level characters who get cosmic level amps do nothing for me as well. And yes, that includes Venom and Cosmic Ghost Rider. Hard pass.

Characters like Deadpool are a major turn-off for me as well. I don't see him as particularly compelling or funny.

Reed Richards should have been killed off long ago. Hell, whack Johnny, too. The FF should be Sue, Ben Grimm, Firestar and pretty much anyone else. Well, not Deadpool.

Lastly, I hate to admit this, because I don't dislike these characters, but it will be a long time before I pick up a book featuring either Thanos or Doctor Doom. I need about a 4-5 year break. You know, enough time to really miss them.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I tried getting into Marvel Cosmic, I just couldn't do it. I tried reading Annihilation and it was not compelling to me.

And Young Marvel (Champions) really not my cup of tea; I'm just not interested about young heroes and if I was interested I would rather read X titles that cater to this
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 06-15-2021 at 04:34 AM.

Niffleheim

Mostly the Fantastic Four and the X-Men. I like ideas and characters that originated from these two franchises but overall I find both very uninteresting to me. They are like the original Star Trek - I just can't get in to them.
    Last edited by Tofali; 06-15-2021 at 12:26 PM.

Right now, the mutant books.
    I’m keeping up w. what’s going on, but actively reading that dreck is a no go.