Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Spider-Man
    Agreed.

I often like Spider-man for flavoring(even a main focus, e.g. Marvel Team-Up) but just never enjoyed any of his solo titles for more than an issue or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I just saw that posted somewhere and I have to say the X-Men writers are going off the rails IMO.

About the mutant/non-mutant stories....sad to say this is true all too often. On a side note I have to say I don't know why Marvel isn't a little more protective of Iron Man's image in the comics sometimes. He's was the cornerstone of getting the MCU off the ground. I have been keeping up with Cantwell's Iron Man series and I do like that he makes him more relatable. The relationship with Hellcat is interesting because the emphasis is not on a physical relationship. It's that they are both struggling with mental health issues.
    Cantwell has done a good job of looking into Tony's psyche and his issues.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Maybe it'll eventually be revealed what he said. But it seems the X-Men are still being confrontational with everyone, are they?
    Yes, that's the impression I get but I don't read much of the X-Men line.

Ultimate Member

Yes, that's the impression I get but I don't read much of the X-Men line.
    Ok. Ideally I would've liked to see more cooperation between Avengers and x-men

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Eternals and Inhumans....I have no problem integrating them into the wider MU...but as stand alone properties they just don't do it for me.
    I kinda agree. I like the idea of Attilan, but when every story set there seems to be about the Royal Family and something-something Maximus, it gets old. Same for the Eternals, as their own stories seem to be all internal bickering/Deviants/Celestials based, and not really ever veer from those rails.

At least when Crystal and Sersi were Avengers, things got mixed up, and I kind of want to see other Inhumans and Eternals get out there. Karnak and Gorgon getting involved with the Heroes for Hire, for instance, or Phastos or Ikaris as an Avenger.

For me it's things like Punisher or Venom that seem more gritty than fun. I like the regular Avengers characters, FF and Spider-Man as well as the more cosmic guys like Guardians and the Silver Surfer. I also enjoy Thor as well as the X-Men. I still like what Hickman is doing but I don't want it to go on forever.

Extraordinary Member

I do think symbiotes are being overdone...and overpowered.

I never could understand the popularity of Venom. But I know it was one of my nephews favorite comics. I think the only series I liked was Agent Venom with Flash Thompson.

Ok. Ideally I would've liked to see more cooperation between Avengers and x-men
    Yes I would too. It seems to be that all this hero vs hero business started with Civil War and then the Avengers vs X-Men cross over event. Now Marvel goes to this kind of story far too often.

And please, let's get Namor out of the orbit of the X-Men line. I'd rather he make regular appearances in Fantastic Four, Avengers or even a Spider-Man appearance or two.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 06-15-2021 at 06:25 PM.

Cosmic Marvel
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

Yes I would too. It seems to be that all this hero vs hero business started with Civil War and then the Avengers vs X-Men cross over event. Now Marvel goes to this kind of story far too often.

And please, let's get Namor out of the orbit of the X-Men line. I'd rather he make regular appearances in Fantastic Four, Avengers or even a Spider-Man appearance or two.
    One could even trace it back to Disassembled.

I liked the idea of Uncanny Avengers, with mutants and n
    non-mutants working together. Maybe they should try that again

As for Namor, isn't he much more closely connected to Avengers and F4 anyway?

Extraordinary Member

One could even trace it back to Disassembled.

I liked the idea of Uncanny Avengers, with mutants and n
    non-mutants working together. Maybe they should try that again

As for Namor, isn't he much more closely connected to Avengers and F4 anyway?
    I like the concept...but use non-X-Men mutants. Like Justice.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I do think symbiotes are being overdone...and overpowered.
    It's the Marvel Way. Take a good concept like symbiotes or the Phoenix Force and then replicate and bloat until they are so far removed from their original concept as to be barely recognizable. Rinse and repeat.

Mighty Member

For me pretty much:

1) Iron Man

2) Punisher

3) Deadpool: He is making too many dirty toilet joke and I never like his personality at all. Super annoying.

4)Mr Fantastic: He may be smart and intelligent but his personality not so much.

5) Beast

6) Namor: I did not like his whole reign of Atlantis

7) Hercules : There are other strong guy I pretty like but him since he is too orgy to me.

8) Any young heroes: With the exception of Ms Marvel and Miles Morales, most of the young heroes are too forgettable and not easily recognise to grow big. Moreover, they seem to aim at the younger audience (Moongirl and Squirrel Girl)

9) Wolverine: I am gonna to be bonker if he keep appear left and right.

Haha, I hadn't thought of that exactly, but I do think mutants would have more of a mixed reception than just outright being hated. Some might be celebrities and others might be government employed agents. Plus I don't really see a lot of intersectionality with how actual minorities deal with prejudice despite X-Men being such a diverse comic book
    I know, right?! Peter Milligan's run on X-Force/X-Statix is proof of that!