Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Isn't that SOP in a mutant/non-mutant story? In just about any X story involving Avengers, Captain America is a fascist home-boy and Iron Man is a mustache twirling douche.

Also, what happened to the X-Men's human friends? All but forgotten. The topper was making Moira a mutant.
    Basically just to make the X-Men look like victims, right? Which is the reverse of AvX trying to make the X-Men into OOC villains.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

In all my nearly 40 years of reading superhero comics...I've never, ever been interested in Spiderman, Captain America and Deadpool as solo franchises.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Punisher, Conan, Wolverine, Thor, and Venom.
    Yeah, except for Thor, and even then, I like the *setting* of Asgard more than the character of Thor.

But Punisher? No. I'm here for the super-powered escapism, and guns are not a super-power. Ditto Conan, Ka-Zar, etc. I can handle street-level heroes like Iron Fist and Daredevil, because they at least have costumes and powers, even if Daredevil's 'power' is more or less 'not as blind as other blind dudes.'

Ka-Zar's another one whom I *love* the Savage Land setting, but can't stand the dude himself that so often shows up in stories about it. (I'd much rather read X-Men adventures in the Savage Land, or see Reptil go there or something.)

I feel bad for fans of certain characters that I do not get, and seem to get totally shorted as much as many characters that I do like. Death's Head. Sleepwalker. Darkhawk. Can't stand any of them, and they get crap for storylines, which must suck for those who like them as much as I like my oddballs like Stingray and Texas Twister and Living Lightning and Finesse and Sun Girl and Songbird.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Cosmic stories and titles in general but Ewing is making me like SWORD, street level titles like Punisher, Deadpool, MoonKight or Venom with the exception of Spider-Man and Jessica Jones. I like the Avengers but the current run bores me.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-15-2021 at 12:22 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Isn't that SOP in a mutant/non-mutant story? In just about any X story involving Avengers, Captain America is a fascist home-boy and Iron Man is a mustache twirling douche.

Also, what happened to the X-Men's human friends? All but forgotten. The topper was making Moira a mutant.
    I just saw that posted somewhere and I have to say the X-Men writers are going off the rails IMO.

About the mutant/non-mutant stories....sad to say this is true all too often. On a side note I have to say I don't know why Marvel isn't a little more protective of Iron Man's image in the comics sometimes. He's was the cornerstone of getting the MCU off the ground. I have been keeping up with Cantwell's Iron Man series and I do like that he makes him more relatable. The relationship with Hellcat is interesting because the emphasis is not on a physical relationship. It's that they are both struggling with mental health issues.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Haha, I hadn't thought of that exactly, but I do think mutants would have more of a mixed reception than just outright being hated. Some might be celebrities and others might be government employed agents. Plus I don't really see a lot of intersectionality with how actual minorities deal with prejudice despite X-Men being such a diverse comic book.
    Totally agree. And they totally lost me with the Krakoa concept.

Oh, how were the FF acting OOC? I haven't read that.

I agree with your general point though
    It could be just me but I didn't like how Zdarsky had Sue acting too much like a "Karen". I think it was valid for her to be out of her mind wondering what happened to Franklin and Valeria since they have a lot of enemies that may stoop to harming the children. My memory could be wrong but IIRC they flew off to Krakoa and tried to sneak in instead of going there and meeting with Emma, Magneto, Charles, etc directly. Franklin did sneak away without his parents permission. Over the years, Reed and Sue never really discussed Franklin's mutant status with him or even with each other. His powers come and go a lot anyway.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Totally agree. And they totally lost me with the Krakoa concept.
    Krakoa is theoretically a cool idea, but it just perpetuates the mutant vs non mutant stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It could be just me but I didn't like how Zdarsky had Sue acting too much like a "Karen". I think it was valid for her to be out of her mind wondering what happened to Franklin and Valeria since they have a lot of enemies that may stoop to harming the children. My memory could be wrong but IIRC they flew off to Krakoa and tried to sneak in instead of going there and meeting with Emma, Magneto, Charles, etc directly. Franklin did sneak away without his parents permission. Over the years, Reed and Sue never really discussed Franklin's mutant status with him or even with each other. His powers come and go a lot anyway.
    Ok. I heard about that issue and I think it's not unreasonable to be worried about their son, although I can't say for sure what happened. Maybe I'll check it out someday

Solo books (other than Miles), anything related to Symbiotes, and The Avengers depending on who's writing them.

Runaways. I've read one of the TPBs, but it hasn't clicked with me.

I dislike a lot of main events. Deadpool never really did it for me. Never liked Wolverine to much. Probably because he was on multiple teams at one time on opposite ends of the country. The current X-Men cult really turn me off. Looking forward to the main event that has the rest of the Marvel universe smacking them around. Never got into the cosmic stuff and all the powerful and even more powerful cosmic beings. Haven’t really liked the Avengers in quite some time. First Bendis turned me off and now Aaron is really turning me off. Hickman’s run was OK but not great.

Krakoa is theoretically a cool idea, but it just perpetuates the mutant vs non mutant stuff

Ok. I heard about that issue and I think it's not unreasonable to be worried about their son, although I can't say for sure what happened. Maybe I'll check it out someday
    IIRC Reed and Susan agreed to start helping Franklin find his way and they're OK with him visiting Krakoa. But he won't be at the Hellfire Gala. Both kids are staying home. Val seems to be ready to do some plotting with Uncle Doom...they were communicating with each other secretly at the end. Also, Charles or maybe Emma? tinkered with Reed's memories.

Reed met Charles at the gala in the Marauders #21 and whispered something to Charles. It's up to the reader to guess what he said. I think there may have been some unpleasant sentiments expressed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    IIRC Reed and Susan agreed to start helping Franklin find his way and they're OK with him visiting Krakoa. But he won't be at the Hellfire Gala. Both kids are staying home. Val seems to be ready to do some plotting with Uncle Doom...they were communicating with each other secretly at the end. Also, Charles or maybe Emma? tinkered with Reed's memories.

Reed met Charles at the gala in the Marauders #21 and whispered something to Charles. It's up to the reader to guess what he said. I think there may have been some unpleasant sentiments expressed.
    Maybe it'll eventually be revealed what he said. But it seems the X-Men are still being confrontational with everyone, are they?

Extraordinary Member

Eternals and Inhumans....I have no problem integrating them into the wider MU...but as stand alone properties they just don't do it for me.

Spider-Man
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”