Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Has Themyscira ever had a flag?

Once Themyscira opens up to the world it seems logical that they would have a flag right? Has there ever been a design? I assume that the motherly Kangaroo must be the national animal.

I personally love the flag design of Kazakhstan, which also happens to be similar to the flag of the United Nations. It feels very Themysciran to me.

kz.gif

And of course, if we need a Kangaroo flag:

tumblr_1e574565de8e3dc8987632db048d061d_59a2eaea_500.png
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-15-2021 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Once Themyscira opens up to the world it seems logical that they would have a flag right? Has there ever been a design?
    Here you go...

WW THEMYSCIRAN FLAG.jpg

Notice how it matches Wonder Woman's armor. The United States doesn't have a monopoly on red, white and blue or stars, so it explains why her costume looks patriotic to Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Here you go...

WW THEMYSCIRAN FLAG.jpg

Notice how it matches Wonder Woman's armor. The United States doesn't have a monopoly on red, white and blue or stars, so it explains why her costume looks patriotic to Americans.
    Pretty sure that's a fan art not the official flag of Themyscira. It was explicitly stated in the comics that her original costume was modelled on the American flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Pretty sure that's a fan art not the official flag of Themyscira. It was explicitly stated in the comics that her original costume was modelled on the American flag.
    Sure it's fan made.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 06-15-2021 at 01:50 PM. Reason: edited for sarcasm

Not bad at all

Are you sure you're not thinking of Donna? Post-Crisis when her origin had to be retconned and divorced from a rebooted Wonder Woman (Donna ended up being active before Diana, thus invalidating her previous origin), Donna's original costume was explained to be derived from the flag. This was just before she ditched her second costume and the Wonder Girl name in favour of becoming Troia for the first time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Donna? Post-Crisis when her origin had to be retconned and divorced from a rebooted Wonder Woman (Donna ended up being active before Diana, thus invalidating her previous origin), Donna's original costume was explained to be derived from the flag. This was just before she ditched her second costume and the Wonder Girl name in favour of becoming Troia for the first time.
    No I'm thinking of Diana.

From DC Cinematic Wiki…:

I think that's the flag of Athens

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I think that's the flag of Athens
    Is it?
    I know it used to be a hootie owl at one point.

Amazing Member

Those examples are both pre-Crisis. IIRC, in the Perez reboot, it was still said that Diana's costume is based on the US flag (and other symbols) found on the flight suit of Diana Trevor. In Gail Simone's run, however, she said that the stars represent the sky over Themiscyra, or something like that - anyway, no longer based on the flag. And there is even some time-travel story where Diana travels back to the time of the American Revolution, and the US flag is actually inspired by her costume...

I'm not sure how the design of her costume is explained in Rebirth, but I think DC wants to get away from the flag origin to make Diana more 'global', and to get rid of the 'American superhero' critique (in real life, and in the comic).

How you gone post pics from MY Wonder Woman folder, where's your originality?

How you gone post pics from MY Wonder Woman folder, where's your originality?
    They were the closest I could find. Seemed fair game.

They were the closest I could find. Seemed fair game.
    Well I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. lol