Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Nik's Bored At Work Fight Zone - It's Too Hot Edition

it's too hot and i am bored at work so here are some summer heat fights.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fight 1: Arthur Boyle (Fire Force) versus Gaangs of New Republic City (AtLA/LoK)

Current Arthur with his Dragon Quest power-up and the Star Ring takes on Aang and Korra and their respective teams of sidekicks:

The Sidekicks
    - Sokka (with Space Sword)
    - Toph (Elder Toph experience with Young Toph body)
    - Katara (Elder Katara experience with Young Katara body)
    - Zuko (Elder Zuko experience with Young Zuko body)
    - Suki
    - Mako
    - Bolin
    - Lin Beifong
    - Tenzin
    - Asami

Aang and Korra have access to the Avatar State. Can they stop the Knight King from taking them out?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fight 2) The Evil Sun Rises - Solaris (DC) versus MCU Earth

Solaris the sentient sun is coming to destroy the MCU Earth. Doctor Strange detects his approach and alerts all Avengers. This is a composite timeline so all major heroes are alive and on earth with all feats in play. Strange feels Solaris when he is at the threshold of the Solar System so they have 24 hours to prepare.

Can they stop the Tyrant Sun and save their planet?

Fight 3) Suns Out, Guns Out - Summertime Commerce Battle!

Location: A reasonably busy beach in a medium sized town on the West Coast of the USA.

Scenario: The X-men, lead by Charles Xavier, and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, lead by Magneto, must open rival pop-up concessionary stands/food trucks at a crowded beach. They must sell the most by any means necessary but must not devolve into a super-powered battle as that will kill business for all of them. Sabotage is allowed.

Each side can have a team of no more than 7 members drawing from any primary canon iteration of their team. Charles and Erik are automatically in a given slot as leader.

Who makes the most money over the course of a weekend?

Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-15-2021 at 05:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Match 1: Arthur should be able to straight up murder any of the Avatar characters with a single hit of his and I'm not sure that any of them besides Aang and Korra in the avatar state can do any serious harm to him. He should also be faster than all of them I think.

Match 3: Are we using specific line ups here or will the X-men have access to their considerably greater number of men and women who have impossibly attractive comic book physique who don't mind walking around in really tight and often revealing outfits. They also have way more telepaths to mess around with the Brotherhood members.

Taking a quick look there's also a fair number of people who have been on both teams. So I think this might need some specified rosters.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm rather with Dark Soul for the third one; as much as I'd like to picture Magneto screaming 'MAAAGNEEEETS!' will net his team the win, the X-men have more than one telepath. Problematic.

Sadly, I have nothing for the first two fights.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm rather with Dark Soul for the third one; as much as I'd like to picture Magneto screaming 'MAAAGNEEEETS!' will net his team the win, the X-men have more than one telepath. Problematic.

Sadly, I have nothing for the first two fights.
    I also just realized that Storm can just create a very localized snowstorm around the Brotherhood's location.

Magnets won't help against that. I think. Magneto can do very silly things with magnets.

I will say, if any of the matches don't make sense I blame the heat.

Also, I've not read X Titles with any kind of regularity in decades so I wouldn't want to guess at accurate rosters... so let's say for Fight 3; each side can have a team of no more than 7 members drawing from any primary canon iteration of their team. Erik and Charles always have to be one of the seven though.

How about that?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 06-15-2021 at 05:33 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

So many choices... O_o Particularly for the X-men, less-so for the Brotherhood.

I feel we could easily put together a team of any X-people we want, now. Or a team where we duplicate at least half of the Brotherhood characters to add to the confusion.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

The funniest option would be to pick the worst possible members for both sides.

So like Toad, Blob, Unus the Untouchable, Destiny, Sauron, Post (remember him) and Sabertooth for the Brotherhood.

Not sure who would be the worst at this particular contest for the X-men but I'm thinking at least Lockheed and that one guy whose mutant power is that people forget about him when they stop interacting with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    and that one guy whose mutant power is that people forget about him when they stop interacting with him.
    A touch ironic that you forgot his name.

I think you are referring to Forget-Me-Not...?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    A touch ironic that you forgot his name.

I think you are referring to Forget-Me-Not...?
    IIRC correctly he's appeared in one comic, that I haven't actually read, and nothing more.

But yeah, that's probably the guy.

Extraordinary Member

Blob's got bartending experience. Dunno how well that translates to a beach side pop up.

I'm pretty sure Arthur is, at least during the fight (assuming the one I think it is) with Dragon; completely out of AtlA/LoK's paygrade.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Are any of the members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants any good at cooking? Cuz I think that at least Gambit, Rogue, and Jean Grey have been shown to have signature dishes, IIRC.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Wolverine owned a bar. And he has a coffee which is two coffees. X-Men win that fight, easily. Being more seriously, they can trivially stick 7 global-level-or-close telepaths on that team. And at least a few of them are impossibly attractive to boot.

MCU Earth should be fine, since, if nothing else, Strange is there and Strange has the time stone. That evil sun is going to be turned into post-heat-death gasses, or time-looped, or whatever. Easy breezy. He doesn't need 24 hours, he needs a few seconds.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    MCU Earth should be fine, since, if nothing else, Strange is there and Strange has the time stone. That evil sun is going to be turned into post-heat-death gasses, or time-looped, or whatever. Easy breezy. He doesn't need 24 hours, he needs a few seconds.
    I feel like you're kind of dramatically overselling the shown capacities of the Time Stone there.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I feel like you're kind of dramatically overselling the shown capacities of the Time Stone there.
    It twanged Dormammu, no problems. "Eats a universe" seems higher up then a star.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan