Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Wolverine owned a bar. And he has a coffee which is two coffees. X-Men win that fight, easily. Being more seriously, they can trivially stick 7 global-level-or-close telepaths on that team. And at least a few of them are impossibly attractive to boot.
    Let's see, there's Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Rachel Summers, M, Charles, Psylocke and X-man.

So yeah, lots of hot people mind controlling others into buying their food stuff.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Let's see, there's Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Rachel Summers, M, Charles, Psylocke and X-man.

So yeah, lots of hot people mind controlling others into buying their food stuff.
    Plus Quentin Quire, Hope and Sage, among others.

And, of course, just having Emma, Jean, M and Psylocke standing there wearing spandex is going to make even the Brotherhood buy their food from the X-Men.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    It twanged Dormammu, no problems. "Eats a universe" seems higher up then a star.
    MCU Dormammu has almost no feats, especially not "eating universes," and the Dark Dimension was place wherein time did not exist so he was specifically unfamiliar with how to deal with it. Also, that would only have lasted as long as Strange could hold it together in the face of being murdered repeatedly.

Conversely, Solaris is also not only well used to using time-based ****, his entire creation was a product of him manipulating a time loop to make himself be born, and he also has adaptive abilities which "have him adapting to new attacks in seconds," If the Time Stone would work on him, I doubt it would hold him for long.

Solaris is no joke.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    MCU Dormammu has almost no feats, especially not "eating universes," and the Dark Dimension was place wherein time did not exist so he was specifically unfamiliar with how to deal with it. Also, that would only have lasted as long as Strange could hold it together in the face of being murdered repeatedly.

Conversely, Solaris is also not only well used to using time-based ****, his entire creation was a product of him manipulating a time loop to make himself be born, and he also has adaptive abilities which "have him adapting to new attacks in seconds," If the Time Stone would work on him, I doubt it would hold him for long.

Solaris is no joke.
    I don't actually know anything about Solaris outside of what you've stated.

Yes, movie Dorm is feat-light. All we have is his presentation. Strange couldn't age him to death or reverse him to pre-birth, becaause he's immortal and eternal and such. Plus it would have been boring. :-) The time stone never fails to reverse time or advance it based on the desire of the wielder, and it doesn't seem that it's faster or slower or harder or easier on big or small things. It works it's stuff on... an apple, a watch, a city, an infinity stone and something that at the very least eats worlds.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I feel like Mystique would be really good in a service role.

Unfortunately telepathy kind of supercedes everything.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Even outside of telepathy, let’s face it: the X-Men have way better looking people too. And physical attractiveness pulls in customers just as easily as good food does, especially at the beach.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Even outside of telepathy, let’s face it: the X-Men have way better looking people too. And physical attractiveness pulls in customers just as easily as good food does, especially at the beach.
    Magneto in a speedo would draw so much attention.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    True, but I wouldn't just put telepaths on the food truck. They would be in trouble when Magneto goes on sabotage duty (Was Juggernaut a member of the brotherhood?). The Brotherhood has Scarlet Witch around as well for sabotage.

Mystique and Mastermind could be deadly as a selling combo (Mastermind can make himself LOOK like the best looking person on the beach).

The Xmen should win, but it's not cut and dried. I'm a bit shocked that no one picked Iceman on the team. Snow Cones all day long!