Ultimate Member

Default The Ignore Function

I don't know possible this is but I'd like for the ignore button to extend to my posts.

I mean, people that I've ignored can still quote my posts and someone else's and I will still see said individuals response despite my not wanting to engage with them. I've gotten warnings about calling someone a troll (which is no doubt rude) but it would really help and prevent a lot of people getting into trouble when they one is doing their level best to ignore the trolls (which seem to be increasing here on a daily basis).

As far as I know there's no way to alter the ignore function from operating the way it currently does.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Retired

There are some posters that have been on my ignore list for going on seven years. I never reply to them and yet they still keep replying to my posts. You'd think they'd get the hint. Maybe there should be some kind of flare that lets them know they are being ignored. I don't think announcing this to them on a thread would be a good thing to do--given I'm ignoring them.

That would be "ignore bragging," which just creates more drama. So yes, please don't do that.
    Conn Seanery

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    There are some posters that have been on my ignore list for going on seven years. I never reply to them and yet they still keep replying to my posts. You'd think they'd get the hint. Maybe there should be some kind of flare that lets them know they are being ignored. I don't think announcing this to them on a thread would be a good thing to do--given I'm ignoring them.
    The problem is, when we "post", it goes out to everyone who is a member.
    People have a right to reply to what anybody else posts here. It doesn't work if you post something for everybody but you can say that certain people can't respond to what you posted. If somebody says something in one of their posts that isn't correct, that would be like saying certain people can't have the right to post a correction.

Now, if you're, say, Donald Trump, you could have a hissy-fit meltdown and create your own limited platform that wouldn't allow people you object to to post any replies . . .

Why does anyone need to use Ignore? Isn't it easier to just not talk to them? As for them trying to talk to you, just don't respond. It works for me on Twitter.

Thinking on it, I find using an Ignore Function to be dishonest and possibly unfair.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-07-2022 at 10:04 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

What works for you might not work for everyone. If someone's comments or behavior bothers someone to the point that they'd rather not see their posts they have the option, there's nothing dishonest or unfair about it.
    Conn Seanery

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    What works for you might not work for everyone. If someone's comments or behavior bothers someone to the point that they'd rather not see their posts they have the option, there's nothing dishonest or unfair about it.
    Understood. Guess my outlook is colored by my never having felt the need to use it, but for those who do feel that way it would be a useful tool.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Why does anyone need to use Ignore?
    In my case cause some people have that weird habit to add big pictures in almost all their freaking messages lol, which makes reading a thread annoying.

I don't remember ever putting someone in the phantom zone cause he was talking BS though. I tend to be more amused by that kind of behavior than annoyed.