Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default New Darkhold Spider-man story

The story with Doom and Wanda will have Wanda put together a team to fight Chthon and will include Spider-man.

The Marvel Universe Descends into Chaos in the Darkhold Alpha #1!
    https://previewsworld.com/Article/25...rkhold-Alpha-1

The wait is over! After months of speculation, the highly-anticipated DARKHOLD saga will begin this September! This new Marvel Comics epic will kick off in DARKHOLD ALPHA #1 by acclaimed writer Steve Orlando (Curse of the Man-Thing) and extraordinary artist Cian Tormey (Injustice: Year Zero). In a story that will delight and terrify, the infamous Darkhold text has resurfaced, and the Scarlet Witch is the only hero who can prevent the dreadful havoc it’s set to unleash.

For hundreds of years, scholars and heroes alike have searched for the Darkhold—a.k.a. the Book of the Damned, written by the elder god Chthon. Now Doctor Doom, one of the greatest sorcerers in the Multiverse has found it, and Chthon has found him. To save them all, the Scarlet Witch recruits a group of the world’s greatest heroes: Iron Man, Wasp (Janet Van Dyne), Black Bolt, Blade, and Spider-Man. But in order to enter Chthon's dimension and fight him, the heroes must read from the legendary Darkhold, which drives them utterly insane. Together, they’ll have to confront their inner darkness to overcome of the most powerful mystical threats the Marvel Universe has ever faced.

“At last, we’re ready to open the Darkhold together,” Orlando said. “Scarlet Witch and Doctor Doom are two of Marvel’s most intimidating icons! And I am so excited for you all to get on board with this journey that pushes Wanda to the limit, as five of Marvel’s biggest heroes must overcome the nightmares held by the Darkhold’s pages, to stand with Wanda against one of her oldest enemies.”

This spellbinding tale will be told across a series of one-shots, each focusing on a different hero. Enter the pages of the Darkhold—and lose your mind in mighty Marvel fashion when THE DARKHOLD ALPHA #1 hits stands on September 22nd!

Thoughts?

Personally I am hyped af. A story dealing with inner darkness and overcoming it is right up Pete's ally.
    Also I am assuming this is Pete.Also more team-ups with Pete are always welcome.Specially Wanda,Iron man,Black Bolt and Blade.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 06-15-2021 at 09:02 AM.

black bolt? didnt marvel kill the inhumans off or stop using them now that x-men back. Spiderman being in this team is kinda weird will see his contributions to this
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Magic isn't really an area I'm interested in but Steve Orlando wrote some really fun books over at DC so I'll give it a shot. I'm sure his Spidey will be a lot of fun.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    black bolt? didnt marvel kill the inhumans off or stop using them now that x-men back. Spiderman being in this team is kinda weird will see his contributions to this
    Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Karnak, Gorgon and Lockjaw made it out of Death Of The Inhumas alive. Although Black Bolt couldn't use his scream anymore upon its conclusion.

How the hell did they come up with this team? By throwing darts at a board of names? This totally should have involved The Midnight Sons or The Darkhold Redeemers. Characters who have actually dealt with it before.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Karnak, Gorgon and Lockjaw made it out of Death Of The Inhumas alive. Although Black Bolt couldn't use his scream anymore upon its conclusion.

How the hell did they come up with this team? By throwing darts at a board of names? This totally should have involved The Midnight Sons or The Darkhold Redeemers. Characters who have actually dealt with it before.
    I bet I know why Spider-Man was included? Marvel knows that while Wanda sells Disney Plus and Iron Man (because of Downey Junior) sells movies, Spider-Man sells comics. The others? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post

it's almost like they want to tie an unimportant concept to bigger characters
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Sounds like the name to a new World of Warcraft expansion.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Wordless preview of Darkhold: Alpha #1 with one page for Wanda, Tony, Janet, Blade, Peter and Black Bolt, as well as Queen Victorious of Latveria.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Wordless preview of Darkhold: Alpha #1 with one page for Wanda, Tony, Janet, Blade, Peter and Black Bolt, as well as Queen Victorious of Latveria.

"Queen Victorious", I thought her marriage was nullified after the mess that was caused during the wedding because of Johnny Storm's typical self.

It really worries me what kind of nightmare could be Peter's in the Darkhold. I have seen several monster versions of Peter thanks to the Spider-Verse, but I don't see how they will be surpassed in this story.

Extraordinary Member

So hyped for this.I've been told and from what I've read he can do horror and the artist is great.
    This story delving into Spidey's psyche is a great idea.
    And we get Peter even when ASM is Beyond so it's a win-win.

I kinda like Spiderman on this team
    Can't wait actually...

I hope this doesn't involve the man-spider again. yeesh..

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope this doesn't involve the man-spider again. yeesh..
    So many childhood nightmares from Man-Spider in the 90s animated series.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

Oh hey, Wanda .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    So many childhood nightmares from Man-Spider in the 90s animated series.
    I expect something else than the Man-Spider's stuff. How about a world where Peter, instead of following the path we all know, he turns into something like... I don't know... Like Norman Osborn himself? As in "Great power, no responsability" or something like that.