Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What is a dragon lady?

I have always liked Cheshire in the comics. She was one of the few female street levelers that could pose a real threat to the superteams. And she literally did wtf she wanted to do. I am still processing her nuking a country.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    What is a dragon lady?
    The term itself actually links to an old comic strip, Terry and the Pirates by Milt Caniff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    What is a dragon lady?

Dragon Lady is usually a stereotype of certain East Asian and occasionally South Asian and or Southeast Asian women as strong, deceitful, domineering, mysterious, and often sexually alluring.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Lady

can Roy and Cheshire ever work long term? as in becoming Roy's definative long term love interest....

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

YJ definitely made me love Cheshire and I liked that they simplified things by having her come from a well known crime family. Im surprised that she has yet to be adapted to live action.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    can Roy and Cheshire ever work long term? as in becoming Roy's definative long term love interest....
    I dont see why not. They kind of accept each other for who they both are just like Bruce/Selena do.

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. IV (June 1985)

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

I dont see why not. They kind of accept each other for who they both are just like Bruce/Selena do.
    Dont you think she would have to change and not be a villain/criminal?

Extraordinary Member

Dont you think she would have to change and not be a villain/criminal?
    I guess well find out in season, 4 right now she gave up her baby to be a criminal

No.

Not unless Cheshire becomes a good guy or Roy becomes more of an anti-hero. You would have to pull a Harley Quinn and just ignore or retcon all the bad stuff she's done. Though, given how wonky DC's own history is, I don't see it as being that difficult if a writer chose to go down that path.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    YJ definitely made me love Cheshire and I liked that they simplified things by having her come from a well known crime family. Im surprised that she has yet to be adapted to live action.
    Yeah, you would think she would have shown up in Arrow by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Linking Cheshire to Artemis was likely about giving the latter a connection to the Arrow family through a character known for her relationship with Roy. I'm not bothered by it since both benefitted from the writing albeit in different ways. I can't really say Cheshire was hurt by the connection at all.

Also, is comic Cheshire's outfit actually based on something Vietnamese women wear?
    That is true. I'm not saying she was hurt by the connection but I definitely it elevated Sportsmaster more. I just think there would have been some way to keep her original origin intact while still removing all the problematic aspects of it and bringing it into the 21st century. Like Jade being a traumatized orphan struggling to survive until Weng Chan rescued her and brought her to America but she still wants revenge on the people who wronged her.

No it isn't but I wish it was.

Jade has identity issues:

From Catwoman #33 by Fernando Blanco:

These panels are a mood.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    From Catwoman #33 by Fernando Blanco:

These panels are a mood.
    What's her role in this story?

Non speaking appearance. She's with an underground group of anti heroes alongside Knockout, Clayface and Killer Croc.