Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default Io Shirai vs Hikaru Shida

Two Japanese former champions with lengthy reigns.

Who wins this bout?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

io is the better flyer but shida is damn tough. she could just grind it out and wear her out.

If they're booked like they were in Japan, Shida is the stiffer striker and is the more technically sound grappler - fwiw in pro wrestling anyway.

Pre-NXT, Ace of Stardom-era Io Shirai is kinda silly in terms of damage soak.

Like, she got up after this and continued wrestling Mayu for another ten minutes.

This sort of portrayal also carried over to her appearance on Lucha Underground.

Unfortunately being a bloody casual, I don't know too much about Shida's AEW run, though she used to put on some bangers against Kana (Asuka), including an intergender tag match against her and Kenny Omega.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I got confused and thought that this was involving Hikaru Shidou from Magic Knight Rayearth...

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    If they're booked like they were in Japan, Shida is the stiffer striker and is the more technically sound grappler - fwiw in pro wrestling anyway.

Pre-NXT, Ace of Stardom-era Io Shirai is kinda silly in terms of damage soak.

Like, she got up after this and continued wrestling Mayu for another ten minutes.

This sort of portrayal also carried over to her appearance on Lucha Underground.

Unfortunately being a bloody casual, I don't know too much about Shida's AEW run, though she used to put on some bangers against Kana (Asuka), including an intergender tag match against her and Kenny Omega.
    she had a pretty hard match against nyla rose. and her match with ryo mizunami was, IMO, the stiffest match she's had in AEW.

Fantastic Member

Have the two ever hooked up in Japan? I suspect they might have, although I'm not certain. (Asuka wanted to wrestle Kairi Sane/Hojo in WWE, and mentioned that they had never had a match before)

Does Io get a trash can to wear?