Default King (King of Fighters) vs Adon (Street Fighter)

Who is the God of Muay Thai?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-16-2021 at 06:47 PM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...Sagat.

Crouching Fierce ftw.

More seriously, what kind of feats do they have? Or should we go into an exhaustive study of their gameplay abilities and how they stack up against one another...

...a properly played King is cheap as hell and twice as dangerous.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    ...Sagat.

Crouching Fierce ftw.

More seriously, what kind of feats do they have? Or should we go into an exhaustive study of their gameplay abilities and how they stack up against one another...

Sagat is the correct answer. There are versions of Sagat (OG Sagat in SFII SSF2T) that just make you drop the controller. Ryu might have started the fireball/uppercut combo, but Sagat pretty much mastered it.

As for this matchup (no feats), Adon loses the range game to King. He has to work way too hard to get close and King super punishes you up-close. King should win the majority.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

...Sagat.

Crouching Fierce ftw.

i've seen a lot more top tier kings than i do adons. not that top tier adons don't exisit.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Sagat is the correct answer. There are versions of Sagat (OG Sagat in SFII SSF2T) that just make you drop the controller. Ryu might have started the fireball/uppercut combo, but Sagat pretty much mastered it.
    I'm not even a SF player (much) and I know Sagat is the correct answer. ^_^ Crouching Fierce, various fireballs, Tiger Upper. Bleah. ^_^

As for this matchup (no feats), Adon loses the range game to King. He has to work way too hard to get close and King super punishes you up-close. King should win the majority.
    That's my feeling. I've only fiddled with Adon, and I'm sure a really good player can make him work, but all things being equal I'm betting on King, her various moves, and her DM/SDM moves to seal the deal.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

*sad Joe Higashi noises*

all about hwa jai

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Obligatory Fahkumram post

I know Adon has gotten his ass handed to him by Sagat. In Alpha 2 an engaged Sagat injured Adon so bad he was hospitalized for months ( Adon did beat Sagat in this fight, but an unfocused Sagat still mess him up,) in SF4 in Sagat's arcade prologue he knocks Adon out with a single move.

I mean he has a feat of beating a stressed-out Sagat in Alpha 2, and he still got destroyed by Sagat.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

BANNED

KING!? You mean this King?

King is serious, SERIOUS trouble if your opponent knows her ins and outs well enough(I main K' in KOF) If your opponent is a long-time King player, all I can say is "You're already dead." I wish King went on a blind date and ended up with Corona Chan on a desert island.
    Last edited by T51R; 06-18-2021 at 06:07 AM.

...Sagat.

Crouching Fierce ftw.
    ...sometimes I get flashbacks to that bygone era...it was hype in pools...but those poor souls that got bodied...

Oh no.

OH NO.

I know that in UDON, Adon ended up strong enough to rival Sagat, but alas, that's not canon (even though it totally SHOULD be. UDON is very good with the source material).

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    ...sometimes I get flashbacks to that bygone era...it was hype in pools...but those poor souls that got bodied...

Oh no.

OH NO.

i still remember that tournament where sanford kelly started bodying all the OG players with sagat. hence where he earned the nickname, "da king".

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    I know that in UDON, Adon ended up strong enough to rival Sagat, but alas, that's not canon (even though it totally SHOULD be. UDON is very good with the source material).
    yeah in canon Adon is basically just a joke compared to Sagat.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

I can tell you's got the better outfit...