Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Oh Xilo must have been member 8, they still have a n omega level precog in Idyll
    Yeah it seems Xilo is indeed the redacted name. Would love to know who the Night mutants are.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    He's blind like visual impairment. I don't recall it saying hes blind to the future.
    Then what’s to stop them seeing the things the brain trust don’t want

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It's nice to see enthusiam and hope for this developed.
    I admit i'm very jaded to this since i've been following these comics for almost two decades now so i've seen a lot of "interesting" concepts brought up or implied become wasted, forgotten, ignored or tossed aside for the old status quo again, that when i see familiar pattern i suspect familiar outcomes. Because while there are also stories of successfull introductions and creations, i don't see their patterns here. Just another rushed introduction of something which would need a ton more work to last.

Which isn't helped by my opinion that the foundation for the Arrakii is very shacky.
    First there is the fact that they got retconned into existence with next to no previous implication or hints. It's a whole nation of mutants, heavily tied to Apocalypse, suddently being mentioned out of nowhere and presented as a big freaking deal, but they were never mentioned before. No obscure lines from Claremont era storylines, no forgotten implication that such a group might exist. Just "poof" here they are, your new more alien, more agressive, more united, strong, better, Conan the Barbarian style mutants!

Second, from my understanding, the x-gene based mutants are a very "urban" concept, something which is heavily tied to the changing world of the cosmopolitical landscape many people of the industrial nation experience living in the smaller or larger cities of the modern day world.
    Sure the super heros of mutant origin can go on magical or space adventures like everyone else. But the mutants themself are heavily tied to their relationship with the rest of humanity and therefor will always be seen in relation to that.

If you remove a mutant and put them in a magical or space realm they become "normal" (the recent New Mutant storyline actualy reflects that) or downright boring, because they are then just one of many oddities. What makes them special and interesting as fictional ethnicity is the fact that they are tied to a reflection of the real world humanity.

But the Arrakii are by design not an "urban" group of mutants or even a reflection of anything from the real world. They are a fantastic group of pseudo-barbarians with super powers, who come from a bygone fictional depiction of the bronze age and spend the last thosuand years in a magical dimension fighting a demon horde. They are just "out of this world" with just a far away hint of being based on humanity rather than a complete alien species.
    How do they reflect anything that normaly makes the mutants so interesting for super hero stories?

After all there is a reason the Morlocks are still around, despite being constant "massacred", while The Neo, Gene Nation and co. faded into obscurity.

And third and this might sound a bit petty. Their introduction storyline was Ten of Swords which wasn't particular popular criticaly or (as far as i saw) sales wise.

But if i'm wrong on this feeling, if they turn out important interesting parts still alive and kicking years from now, i wouldn't mind having been wrong here.

Also i agree that there is some lost potential in not showing them more interacting with the modern world beforehand. Albeit i suspect most of their involvement would have just served to make the currently allied old villian mutant look better in comparision to these more (in at least one case quite literally) vile mutants from the Barbarian Island.

Though judging by the upcomming Wolverine issues, they do seem to still be used in that capacity.
    Grunty I appreciate how you always take the time to write well thought out responses even if our opinions aren’t always the same.

I think they only way that they don’t fade into obscurity is if we have a book that is actually dedicated to exploring this new society and new set of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Then what’s to stop them seeing the things the brain trust don’t want
    He must know

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    As reminded by another poster earlier, this to me is great setup for war with Orchis' city on Mercury.

Battle of the Planets!
    Look at the contrasts.

The Orchis human city is dirty, gross and polluted looking while the Mutant city is beautiful green and full of life.

Cant wait for Isca to pound on Nimrod.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I really liked the comic. But it could have balanced the narrative more with the other characters. Magneto is the center and leader and that bothers me a little. I do not know...
    Could this be why he’s on trial? Since he’s clearly the ringleader in terms of terraforming Mars.

Question: What planet is Sentinel City on?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Grunty I appreciate how you always take the time to write well thought out responses even if our opinions aren’t always the same.

I think they only way that they don’t fade into obscurity is if we have a book that is actually dedicated to exploring this new society and new set of characters.
    I don't see interest for a book like that, it wouldnt sell

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Question: What planet is Sentinel City on?
    Mercury IIRC

10char

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Strange’s job is making sure Shuma-Gorath doesn’t do the thing DC doesn’t allow to all of 616. This is nothing

TOBA running loose doesn’t register on his radar, this sure as hell shouldn’t
    he's still a human who lives on earth so he would care. not as much as others but he would still have a reaction to it.
    don't really have an explanation for TOBA other than ewing didn't write him into the story.

Screen+Shot+2021-02-23+at+10.26.04+PM.jpg

you also got this in the vault

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Look at the contrasts.

The Orchis human city is dirty, gross and polluted looking while the Mutant city is beautiful green and full of life.

is she cant beat nimrod would she turn purple and white and start hunting mutants?
    would she be the first hound?

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I don't see interest for a book like that, it wouldnt sell
    I believe in the exact opposite of this. It's an entire new cast of characters full of possibilities. If done right, it could get a big mass of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    is she cant beat nimrod would she turn purple and white and start hunting mutants?
    would she be the first hound?
    Probably, but Amneth seemed like more of a real unbeatable threat than this silly tin can.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    Screen+Shot+2021-02-23+at+10.26.04+PM.jpg

you also got this in the vault
    I can imagine the Orchis humans walking up to the children of the corn expecting handshakes and cooperation in their quest to kill all mutants only to get facerolled for being mere humans in their eyes.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 06-16-2021 at 08:03 AM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Astonishing Member

Wasn’t it pointed out that Amenth was pulling its punches?

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Look at the contrasts.

Counterpoint, Sentinel City is an example of the same human adaptive technological ability that A) allows baselines to remain such a threat and B) that all the mutants seem to get amnesia and scorn along with human understanding of emotions like ‘love’

Nimrod’s track record in the greater Hickman saga is enough that I would not want him triggering Isca