Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Grunty I appreciate how you always take the time to write well thought out responses even if our opinions aren’t always the same.

I think they only way that they don’t fade into obscurity is if we have a book that is actually dedicated to exploring this new society and new set of characters.
    That would actualy be an interesting idea i admit, even if the connection to humanity would still be somewhat thin, once again making them "alien" characters so to speak, at least it would give them a chance to create their own idependent foundation and potentialy make readers interested in keeping as much of them around as possible, even after an extinction storyline.

Not to forget making readers care for them on a more personal level, than just the "epic" level we currently got so far.

It could even lead to a bit of a "stranger in a stranger world" storyline when some of these new characters would actualy be shown interacting with Earth and the Krakoan mutants, after the reader had enough time to get a feel for the Arraki mindset and what their "normal" is. Again creating care.

So yeah if that would be pulled out well, i could imagine many to be supporting for them not to be wiped out from the Marvel universe again and wanting to see them last at least in some capacity, even if they remain a "distant" part from the urban centric foundation of the mutants and X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Mercury IIRC

10char
    That's correct.

Mercury vs Mars with Earth in the middle. Take my money.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Wasn’t it pointed out that Amenth was pulling its punches?

Counterpoint, Sentinel City is an example of the same human adaptive technological ability that A) allows baselines to remain such a threat and B) that all the mutants seem to get amnesia and scorn along with human understanding of emotions like ‘love’

Nimrod’s track record in the greater Hickman saga is enough that I would not want him triggering Isca
    Suspension of disbelief.

For the same reason the Orchis humans are able to just gizmo **** out of their ass is the same reason Legion hasn't taken it upon himself to just completey warp the city hell planet into nonexistence after they just magically got his mind.

So I'm not surprised that Orchis is going to be shown matching the Krakoans punch for punch.

I'm just hoping that once Hickman has wrapped up his run the silliness of robots being threats to the likes of Iceman among other powerhouses can be gone forever. Especially considering that there are mutant minds just as powerful as the human minds technology wise if not more. Excluding Asspull Richards of course.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Wasn’t it pointed out that Amenth was pulling its punches?

Counterpoint, Sentinel City is an example of the same human adaptive technological ability that A) allows baselines to remain such a threat and B) that all the mutants seem to get amnesia and scorn along with human understanding of emotions like ‘love’

Nimrod’s track record in the greater Hickman saga is enough that I would not want him triggering Isca
    It's humans without their biggest genius moon girl, valeria, reed, Doom, Strk. So it is quite impressive.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Thoroughly enjoyed this issue I echo thoughts of others concerning Duggan's script and ease balancing sci-fi concepts, a large cast of complex characters, and adding a bit of humanity to it all.

We pretty much guessed the Omegas would be terraforming Mars, but establishing that planet as the fourth mutant planet in the Sol system was a nice touch imo. I liked how the plot was paced and laid out the goal and magnitude of what was being done everything had a purpose and built upon the last thing. I didn't mind Mags as the POV character for this issue because I feel like everyone had a moment to shine however I think Storm might have functioned better in that role.

Looking forward to X-men I feel like we're in for an enjoyable ride.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That's correct.

Mercury vs Mars with Earth in the middle. Take my money.
    Probably not just them. I’d wager Titan and Uranus might regain their populations depending on what happens with the Eternals

Assuming they aren’t hiding in Alpha Centauri, the Inhumans might be on/start hiding on Venus

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I don't see interest for a book like that, it wouldnt sell
    Oh yeah I was going to include that it obviously couldn't be an Arrakki only book, but one of the dozen X-books could easily spend an arc exploring these characters and that world more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Oh yeah I was going to include that it obviously couldn't be an Arrakki only book, but one of the dozen X-books could easily spend an arc exploring these characters and that world more.
    A arc is too much on chaarcters that most readers doesn't care.

Proteus stayed with God

Best issue of the Hellfire Gala.

I really enjoy how they keep exploring the 'mutant circuit' idea by showing what the mutants can do when they work together.
    Which is the point despite the fact that yes they have lots of omega mutants who can just do it on their own. You want to show mutant solidarity and unity by letting everyone who is capable to chip in with creating these new nations and worlds for their people.

Them placing it on Mars as the entry port to the Sol system will make SWORD and GotG even more interesting. I'm sure Ewing was absolutely giddy when he either heard the idea or pitched it.
    Strategically it would have made more sense to terraform Mars place some Krakoa mutants there and make that as the forward post for the Sol system and then terraform Venus and place Arakii mutants there as a first line of defense for Orchis/Sentinel City.

Please come back with some actual evidence or a survey or something that "most" readers would not want to read a single comic book arc that explores this concept more. Because I've seen many complaints that the Arrakki haven't been given any development and we haven't been given a reason to care about them. The only way that people will start to care about them is if someone actually writes them.

Ok but how could people care if they don't give them some development? I mean I agree as it is now I have no interest in Hickman’s Planet of OC's but that's because since X of Swords they pretty much disappeared if the stories solid, art is pretty they could at least pump out a solid 5 issues to see if people can get invested in these characters.

Like the story...will be an interesting start for new adventures in the X-Verse.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'll say this much: this reveal, while interesting, did not warrant a 12 issue long event.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'll say this much: this reveal, while interesting, did not warrant a 12 issue long event.
    That's pretty much all the events of the Hickman era great single issues but the events be lackluster, SWORD & X-Factor might be good if they setting up **** with Mags trial.