Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They never said they were rulers of the world, that's how you're taking it. In fact Emma exact words were, "Let tonight be about building a bridge into a future together rather than about our previous differences and rows." They said Arakko is the capitol of the solar system.

Mutants no longer want a seat at the table, they made their own.
    They said that Magneto was the ruler of Sol System and Arrako the capital without elections. That is not how you build bridges

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Three days later and I'm still basking in Planet Arakko's afterglow. Filled with all that BP Energy.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Well they didn't say the Regent is Magneto (I think it's the "big Storm story" they've hinted at for a year), but they did appoint a royal ruler over the Earth with zero notice.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think they appointed a regent for the Mars SWORD diplomatic station, I agree it will most probably be Storm and sure Abigail Brand talks about speaking for Sol but in practice Alpha Fight represents Earth goverments while SWORD represents Krakoa and now Mars.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    This bothers me as well. Particularly your first paragraph. The X-Men were always good guys. They fought against mutants who believed in the superiority of mutantkind. Xavier’s dream was of integration, just like MLK, Jr. It’s disturbing to see Xavier and Magneto declare themselves rulers of the solar system. Why shouldn’t we root for Orchis now? Why shouldn’t the U.S. or Russia unleash a massive nuclear bombardment on Krakoa? Really?
    Xavier’s old dream spectacularly failed and had it not been for people like Cyclops and Magik mutants would be extinct.

As for MLK, he was so appreciated at the time he was assassinated. And the civil rights movement, or at least one people are taught if it was completely watered down. This forum really isn’t the place to discuss that.

Astonishing Member

Again, Xavier’s dream was always about getting the humans to stand aside for their inheritors and to quietly step into that good night

It was doomed for the start by its dishonestly, it’s weakness and the fairly obvious factor

Scott’s varying takes have tended to be more viable/honest

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    They rule over Mars while on earth they are part of the United Nations and they are just dealing with everyday events for their people while leaving the rest of the world alone so imo, it´s a double standard.
    Yup. All the treaties still stand and I'm sure many humans can't wait to check out what Mars got going on. NASA wants to visit already.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Three days later and I'm still basking in Planet Arakko's afterglow. Filled with all that BP Energy.
    It truly is fabulous.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Mutants and humans are the same race.

Remember when the entire universe was saved and rebuild? it was done by humans
    Yay?? Lol.

Point is mutants have created a space for them and none of them interferes with human affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Which of those instances did they announce themselves as gods and sovereign rulers of Earth, destined for greatness because of their race, like Krakoas government has?
    Doom just did it in GOTG when he tried to steal hulkling sword. Secret invasion. anytime they barged intot he x-mansion without a legal warrant. Reed rebuilt the universe and still left mutants as the punching bags of the mu or maybe his changing the universe changed the terrigen cloud. A lot of assumptions can be made just like those being made for mutants.

Some of these theories on mutants being supremacist is no further assumption then me saying the only reason Reed built that device to hide franklin was so he could destroy mutants if he needed to or feed it to the government for them to use. Based on history and what was written i don't think Reed would do that but it's a closer assumption to make than all mutants rule earth now especially after they flat out denied they did to one of the premier space civilizations.

Personally i think it would be funny and show how assumptions get out of control if in SWORD we see brand already crossed the t's and dotted the i's with the shiar etc especially after Storm helped save their empress.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Yay?? Lol.

Point is mutants have created a space for them and none of them interferes with human affairs.
    Of course it interferes because Earth is part of sol system

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Again, Xavier’s dream was always about getting the humans to stand aside for their inheritors and to quietly step into that good night

It was doomed for the start by its dishonestly, it’s weakness and the fairly obvious factor

Scott’s varying takes have tended to be more viable/honest
    It was co-existence

Scott had one of the worse takes, piss off everyone and almost destroy earth on the procsess
    Last edited by Rang10; 06-18-2021 at 04:31 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    but it's a closer assumption to make than all mutants rule earth now especially after they flat out denied they did to one of the premier space civilizations.
    Yes, which is why it's so confusing that they followed this, and all the talk of building a future together with humanity, with appointing a royal Regent to rule the planet

Idk why people keep saying the mutants ruling Sol doesn't include Earth, as if Earth can opt out of revolving around the sun

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Of course it interferes because Earth is part of sol system

It was co-existence

Scott had one of the worse takes, piss off everyone and almost destroy earth on the procsess
    And?

What mutants do on Arrako doesnt effect human life on Earth.

Yall are grasping at straws trying to paint the mutants as evil lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    And?

What mutants do on Arrako doesnt effect human life on Earth.

Yall are grasping at straws trying to paint the mutants as evil lol
    Right? Let's see what happens in SWORD and bask in the glory of a living, breathing Mars in the meantime.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yes, which is why it's so confusing that they followed this, and all the talk of building a future together with humanity, with appointing a royal Regent to rule the planet

Idk why people keep saying the mutants ruling Sol doesn't include Earth, as if Earth can opt out of revolving around the sun
    How exactly are they ruling earth though. I am really trying to see the "argument" here in good faith and if it does go that way i will be the first to admit it, like the sudden turn of orichis thinking mutants fear and hate them i called that out because only people on the message boards have been saying that imo, not the actual issues themselves but i ended up wanking it as one character perspective until it is repeated on a larger scale.

Mars does not control earth and as established by the SWORD etc a regent can be anyone in that system with some sort of apparent royal claim. So there is nothing stopping Earth from putting Tchalla up for the job or anyone else with some lineage. there is no one stopping them from gathering the same info Brand did either. Maybe they should reprogram sentinels to terraform.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The X-Men terraformed an unihabital planet. Furthermore, had the USA managed to do the same they would have ignored any space laws and claimed it for themselves. As ignoring international law is what they do best