Page 37 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

How long has it been in universe since X of Swords and now? A month or two?

And if the problem with them being itching for a fight is the problem why put them in a planet where the only thing for them to fight is the embassy?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Meaning the Krakoa era was approved by Feige himself and these are permanent changes as they are made to be the basis for stories on the X-Men/mutants.

But a certain poster is just unhappy with these changes. He is entitled to his opinion as for what he likes and cosabt like but obviously Marvel investing so much money in rebooting the X-Men let’s you know these are permanent changes.
    Perfectly said lol like ..Krakoa (planet arrako) is here to stay, i dont why people keep expecting a reversion...it aint happening lol.

Will krakoa burn? Probably but itll still be there and maybe even get its own planet, who knows. People hated this era off rip and quite frankly its because for some sick reason they want extinction stories back...which stopped selling for a reason.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 06-18-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Once upon a time "might makes right" and "racial superiority is the most important factor in the world" were ideolgies the X-Men opposed, not espoused with a smile on their face. I mean Magnetos always been about the Glorious Mutant Master Race **** but now everyone else does too
    And how is it that the X-Men opposed such ideologies? Sure there were some soapy speeches, but that was after they flexed their own might(through stabbing claws, punch dimensional beams, telepathic, elemental, or otherwise).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Exactly it was a problem that needed to be solved quickly because Arrako was not going to give and neither the goverments at earth would stay pasive over this:
    Not to mention every last Arrako life was in danger of being loss if inverting the gate did not work. So either way Magneto and co had the resolve to take care of the Arrako problem one way or the other and yet that potential sacrafice is not mentioned. Earthlings lost nothing with the terraforming of Mars but they did gain peace of mind from Arrakoans at the risk of their entire subgroup save three that were helping to terraform.

They also risked almost the entirety of their biggest resource(Krakoan Omega mutants) as they say, where if it went left who knows what could have happened to them. So now Earth isn't the only living planet in it's sector so the u.n and co don't speak for them or vice versa but then they weren't talking to earth they were letting the galaxy know earth isn't the only player here, and they aren't anymore.
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-18-2021 at 10:40 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Exactly it was a problem that needed to be solved quickly because Arrako was not going to give, they are a civilization used to war after thousands of years fighting off demons and neither the goverments at earth would stay pasive over this so relocating to Mars was a solution.
    It seems that whatever mutantkind does, they will be hated for.

True colors are showing indeed.

And if the problem with them being itching for a fight is the problem why put them in a planet where the only thing for them to fight is the embassy?
    Planet Size essentially said it's been two weeks since Arrako was teleported to earth.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member

Have you actually read the issue properly? This is addressed within.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Planet Size essentially said it's been two weeks since Arrako was teleported to earth.
    I thought we had a time table in Excalibur from when Betsy disappeared to when she returned. And it was way more than two weeks

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    And how is it that the X-Men opposed such ideologies? Sure there were some soapy speeches, but that was after they flexed their own might(through stabbing claws, punch dimensional beams, telepathic, elemental, or otherwise).
    They didn't use their might to tout themselves as racially superior the way they do now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i mean if you put them in a lab together for like a day or 2 and told them to come up with something i wouldn't be too surprised if they came out with a cube that could terraform a planet in like an hour.
    Stark built the start of a Dyson sphere, now the home of Orchis. And Reed(s) built Sol’s Hammer, now part of that very same space station, the Orchis Forge.

I’d think they could do something just as impressive as terraforming Mars.

In some respects, making a Dyson sphere real would be more impressive than geoengineering.

Also, they didn’t really explain how Magneto got to the Kupier belt, did they?

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not to mention every last Arrako life was in danger of being loss if inverting the gate did not work. So either way Magneto and co had the resolve to take care of the Arrako problem one way or the other and yet that potential sacrafice is not mentioned. Earthlings lost nothing with the terraforming of Mars but they did gain peace of mind from Arrakoans at the risk of their entire subgroup save three that were helping to terraform.

They also risked almost the entirety of their biggest resource(Krakoan Omega mutants) as they say, where if it went left who knows what could have happened to them. So now Earth isn't the only living planet in it's sector so the u.n and co don't speak for them or vice versa but then they weren't talking to earth they were letting the galaxy know earth isn't the only player here, and they aren't anymore.
    I agree this situation really didnīt ask anyone of earth any sacrifice, they found a home for Arrako and also brought back to life a dead planet.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Not sure how much credit Krakoa gets for "saving" Earth from the mutants that they brought to Earth in the first place

I would guess about the same amount of credit the avengers get for stopping sentinels or any other threat created by humanity.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

They didn't use their might to tout themselves as racially superior the way they do now, though.
    I mean, they are superior. You think they shouldn't act that way in order to not upset the feelings of the race who's been trying to wipe them out (and will always succeed in doing so) since the dawn of their kind?

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Mutants are a master race. They can do things humans cannot and should not be living in a world where humans legislate against them, infringe upon their rights, and hunt them with giant robots if they have any power to do anything about it, which they do. This has been a long time coming.
    Yeah, my favorite thing about minority allegories is...turning those allegories into supremacists. Hooray.

It's like those people who unironically think Killmonger was right in the Black Panther movie, because he wanted genocide and imperialism, but this time in the other direction, so it's fine. (God I can't wait for the MCU X-Men, who definitely won't be constantly espousing ethnonationalism and racial supremacist ideology)

The master race thing doesn't hold water in a universe in which X-Men are not the only beings with superpowers. Are the Fantastic Four a Master Race? The Avengers?
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-18-2021 at 11:09 AM.