Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

I thought the book lived up to the hype personally. The art was 10/10 as was the writing. The only negative I would say is I think we all knew this is when Mars gets terraformed, so that wasn’t much of a surprise, but the way it was presented blew my mind. Someone earlier mentioned a series just about the Arrako on Mars, I’d love to read that book. I really want to know more about the Arraki, their lack of development since XoS has been frustrating for me. I know Hickman does that a lot with OC but some of his stuff sticks like the Black Order.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is from the beginning of Morrisons run. It's just nature cleaning up the trash.
    it isnt canon as it doesn't make sense

Pepe Larraz and Marte Gracia continue to set the bar even higher. Larraz can take Franklin's spot on the Omega list.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Bifrost and the F4’s new gate say otherwise.

But I do have to appreciate how consistently the first stop on the X-Forums revenge fantasies always manages to be Wakanda

It was back in Morrison’s run
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Extinction_Gene

Hence why Xavier’s whole thing has always been about getting the humans to step peacefully into that good night.
    Quote Originally Posted by cranger
    It is from the beginning of Morrisons run. It's just nature cleaning up the trash.
    Ah ok but hasn't this been contradicted a ton with many AU futures? Humans almost never die out in just 4 generations.

If I'm not mistaken, they still seem to be around in some of Moira's futures. The one's that don't get turned into Omega Sentinels.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Most of my reading of Storm has been old Claremont plus Extreme. Is this like a new development for her or something non-X books have been portraying her as? The last big diplomatic moment I recall was her screaming at Matthew Malloy "Get off my lawn, mutant!" and zapping him with lightning, probably one of his last moments before being erased from existence.

But seriously, is diplomatic Ororo a thing?
    Yh I am talking of the xmen curse of the man thing. Storm helps Thor create global storms to save the planets and leads the avengers and wakandans go do it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Bifrost and the F4’s new gate say otherwise.

But I do have to appreciate how consistently the first stop on the X-Forums revenge fantasies always manages to be Wakanda

It was back in Morrison’s run
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Extinction_Gene

Hence why Xavier’s whole thing has always been about getting the humans to step peacefully into that good night.
    Kinda wired that's it's wakanda but wakanda is the most powerful nation on marvel earth till krakoa so they being in revenge fantasies is a given.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Ah ok but hasn't this been contradicted a ton with many AU futures? Humans almost never die out in just 4 generations.

If I'm not mistaken, they still seem to be around in some of Moira's futures. The one's that don't get turned into Omega Sentinels.
    That’s explained by A) the fact that the Celestials apparently want baselines around to cultivate mutates from and B) as with most of the load-bearing fundamentals of the X-Men’s mythos, it’s quack science on par with homeopathy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Billy is a future God, Wanda is not, Prince of Space outrank mama Maximoff these days my good sis can barely get cameo. Also what even is telepathy these days damn near everyone got blockers. Shiar and Skree alliance are on the same area of galactic dominance that was said issues ago. Brood is just a bunch of bugs hardly a society of note their the parasites of the galaxy if anything.
    Future god current feats still place wanda above him in leagues. Bugs but infinite number of bugs that can't be stomped out can be used a pawns and can infect living beings to make more of themselves. Yh they alone are more than enough.

I could see human populations naturally declining after several generations, as the mutant gene becomes more common, but never really totally go extinct.

Something like HoM is what I picture for mutants, with humans becoming the minority.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    That's not what he said. He said she brought a god, a sorceress, and the 'stubborn Avengers' and that he wanted to be reminded not to negotiate against the former queen of Wakanda. Nothing about bringing Wakanda there or even bringing Krakoa since Storm only really brought herself. Thor and the Avengers had been there for the last 2 issues and even Magik had gotten involved before Storm did, so she technically didn't bring anybody but herself. Iron Man doesn't necessarily know that Magik was involved before Storm and his mentioning 'us stubborn Avengers' is more about his ego as all he and every Avenger not named Thor could do was watch while he, Storm and Magik cleaned up shop. Once she got the council to agree to let her go alone the only person Storm had to talk to was Thor. In terms of organizing and convincing people that was more Magik, as she talked Man-Thing out of his revenge plan and into helping to save the world and sent an entire team of mutants to help him face the main villain while she opened up portals around the world.

Storm does know how to inspire and lead people, but Curse of the Man-Thing is not one of the stories that shows that off. It does make the Avengers look pretty incompetent compared to her and Magik though. 'Earth's mightiest heroes helpless against fire-plant threat until 2 Krakoan women show up and save the day for them.'
    So when iron man said the former queen of wakanda he meant magik right ? Good to know.

Also someone brought up an interesting point earlier.

What happens when two mutants produce a human baby on Krakoa? Do they give away that baby? Let it have the same status as someone like Kyle? And if they do choose to stay with their parents, what happens if they it ever gets to be a sizeable population of humans on Krakoa? It's already happened with Mystique and Sabretooth and I doubt it's never going to happen again.

I get the feeling it happens on Arakko too, but they are more extreme and I feel like I wouldn't like their solutions...

Why was Vulcan wearing a helmet? He can breathe on space!

So, I'm finally understand why Hope is the Omega power manipulator and not Rogue or Synch, she not just copy powers but also augment it.

Anyway, Cyclops should have done more, he could have helped! Maybe dig something with his optic blast.

What did Vulcan do at the beginning? Shooting a way through Mars for the iron core and then seal it again? Thought he was only an energy manipulator.

And Iceman created an ice landscape as the North Pole for …?

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Anyway, Cyclops should have done more, he could have helped! Maybe dig something with his optic blast.
    I agree. Eye-punching some Martian rocks would've sped up the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Why was Vulcan wearing a helmet? He can breathe on space!

So, I'm finally understand why Hope is the Omega power manipulator and not Rogue or Synch, she not just copy powers but also augment it.

lol...thats always been the case this error. Hickman's very first issue said she was omega for power manipulation, not mimicry. Rogue and Synch dont manipulate the powers of others. Her role in the Five is to exert her power on them. Im not sure if we've even seen her mimic anyone this era

As for Scott, he cant do anything that Vulcan couldnt do better. This was meant to be a flex for the omegas
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-16-2021 at 04:29 PM.