Page 44 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    The people generally shown siding with mutants are also oppressed, or neglected, or forgotten. People who - like mutants for a long time - had or have no voice in governments, no power to enact change. The people with power, the governments, the agents, the superpowers, have shown us repeatedly that they follow the lead of the elite mutant hater groups. Be they the Right, Operation: Zero Tolerance, ONE, the Friends of Humanity, the Purifiers, the Trasks, ORCHIS, XENO, Coven Akkaba, HAMMER, CRADLE, the MRA, the SHRA...the minority with power and influence have exerted control over a gullible, culpable, ignorant majority and done awful things. Every time. Lowtown support is great! Stevie Hunter being on their side is great! But its meaningless next to the humanity that DOESNT support them.

Too bad the Madripoorian government doesn't care what Lowtown thinks and would love to wipe them all out alongside the mutants. Too bad Stevie Hunter and Eye-Boy's mom are cancelled out by Bobby Drake's family, and the crowd that wanted to kill Kurt as an infant. And too bad neither of those come close to equaling the power and influence of Russia, Brazil, the UK now, and other world governments and their blatantly anti-mutant policies, or America and its covert ones...
    America only did that one time with the UN ambassador who got reminded by Charles and Erik quick. I don’t count the Madripoor incident cause that was less about being anti-mutant and more about having an inside man on Krakoa. X-desk got told real quick not to ever do something that puts the alliance in jeopardy. She even was astounded and wanted to get confirmation about acknowledging Arrako and NASA wanted to do research with mutants permission. So the US should be watched very closely but the government agencies are doing more espionage things than secret anti-mutant missions, as far as we know. Though if enough people spoke up for mutants those in power wouldn’t be able to ignore it.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Im not saying mutants disliking Orchis isn't justified, my confusion is at this part:
    the sudden turn of orichis thinking mutants fear and hate them
    How is it a sudden or unexpected turn?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Im not saying mutants disliking Orchis isn't justified, my confusion is at this part:

How is it a sudden or unexpected turn?
    Aaah, ok, yeah, this was hardly 'sudden'. The world has always hated and feared mutants as a group because of the actions of individuals. Mutants have always rightly feared (and have come to hate) humanity for the actions of large groups of powerful, influential humans and the inaction of the larger groups (and superpowered individuals) who do nothing. I agree with you. I don't see how anyone could call this 'sudden' except for the leader of the hate group who apparently just realized this...

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    America only did that one time with the UN ambassador who got reminded by Charles and Erik quick. I don’t count the Madripoor incident cause that was less about being anti-mutant and more about having an inside man on Krakoa. X-desk got told real quick not to ever do something that puts the alliance in jeopardy. She even was astounded and wanted to get confirmation about acknowledging Arrako and NASA wanted to do research with mutants permission. So the US should be watched very closely but the government agencies are doing more espionage things than secret anti-mutant missions, as far as we know. Though if enough people spoke up for mutants those in power wouldn’t be able to ignore it.
    America: Yes...I'm sure that, after the smackdown their 'ambassador' got, they have decided to go against type and play nice. I'm sure that the Mephisto-fueled US government is just fine with mutants, for once, unlike literally every other time they've weighed in on the matter.

Madripoor: who cares about 'incidents', when the GOVERNMENT of the place, as run by Homines Verendi, ACTIVELY funds acts of genocide and war against mutants? Lowtown is nothing compared to that. Their support is great, and all, but it's not worth much, unfortunately, when looking at the opposition.

X-Desk: Dolores is an overweight, differently-abled, working-class woman of color who has directly benefitted from Krakoa and its policies. Her support for Krakoa is not indicative at all of the position held by those in power within the US government. For that, look to how they go about state meetings with mutants, and how they deal with groups like ORCHIS and XENO: planting bugs, attempting assassinations, spreading propaganda against mutants, acceptance and even support in capture, torture, mutilation and murder of mutants...As for Dolores, she is a person with numerous cultural disadvantages operating under the aegis of an organization and a government built on white, able-bodied, male human privilege. Her portrayal shows how intersectionality matters and affects how individuals approach situations, but it doesn't mean the US government, as an entity, is hunky dory.

I agree, however, that we should watch and see, since things may change, with Heroes Reborn ending and likely Coulsonphisto losing his grip on things.i just dont have much optimism, given past history and real world parallels...
    Last edited by zinderel; 06-18-2021 at 06:35 PM.

Aaah, ok, yeah, this was hardly 'sudden'. The world has always hated and feared mutants as a group because of the actions of individuals. Mutants have always rightly feared (and have come to hate) humanity for the actions of large groups of powerful, influential humans and the inaction of the larger groups (and superpowered individuals) who do nothing. I agree with you. I don't see how anyone could call this 'sudden' except for the leader of the hate group who apparently just realized this...
    I don't know what hate group i'm running but i think he was referring to my post. I did find it sudden, it was shocking to me. If you read every last dawn of x book like i did it makes no sense for Oricihi's to feel mutants fear and hate them unless they are projecting. You don't make a law not to kill people and show up to help them continuously if you hate them and then all of a sudden in xmen 21 that's just what it was. I've read most issues at least twice and that concept still went over my head. Mutants didn't even know the depths of orochi's and most think they got rid of them outside of Charles/Mystique/Moira/Magneto. There is nothing as far as they or we know for the others to even fear and hate.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

America: Yes...I'm sure that, after the smackdown their 'ambassador' got, they have decided to go against type and play nice. I'm sure that the Mephisto-fueled US government is just fine with mutants, for once, unlike literally every other time they've weighed in on the matter.
    Madripoor: who cares about 'incidents', when the GOVERNMENT of the place, as run by Homines Verendi, ACTIVELY funds acts of genocide and war against mutants? Lowtown is nothing compared to that. Their support is great, and all, but it's not worth much, unfortunately, when looking at the opposition.
    X-Desk: Dolores is a differently abled woman of color who has directly benefitted from Krakoa and its policies. Her support for Krakoa is not indicative of all within the US government. For that, look to how they go about state meetings: planting bugs, attempting assassinations, spreading propaganda against mutants. As for Dolores, she is a disadvantaged person operating under the aegis of an organization and a government built on white, able-bodied, male human privilege. Her portrayal shows how intersectionality matters and affects how individuals approach situations, but it doesn't mean the US government, as an entity, is hunky dory.

I agree, however, that we should watch and see, since things may change, with Heroes Reborn ending and likely Coulsonphisto losing his grip on things.i just dont have much optimism, given past history and real world parallels...
    I was talking about the auction house when Dolores wanted to capture Maverick. Later she turned around and just called him and paid him.

But the mutants...don't help Orchis at all. Saying the mutants hate and fear orchis is 100 percent accurate.

I was talking about the auction house when Dolores wanted to capture Maverick.
    Do we think she was doing that on her own...or at the behest of those with power who wanted to own a commodity they didnt see as human and sent her to do it...?

But the mutants...don't help Orchis at all. Saying the mutants hate and fear orchis is 100 percent accurate.
    the implication was mutants fear and hate humans if you read the chapter. I use orichis because that is where it was said.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't know what hate group i'm running but i think he was referring to my post. I did find it sudden, it was shocking to me. If you read every last dawn of x book like i did it makes no sense for Oricihi's to feel mutants fear and hate them unless they are projecting. You don't make a law not to kill people and show up to help them continuously if you hate them and then all of a sudden in xmen 21 that's just what it was. I've read most issues at least twice and that concept still went over my head. Mutants didn't even know the depths of orochi's and most think they got rid of them outside of Charles/Mystique/Moira/Magneto. There is nothing as far as they or we know for the others to even fear and hate.
    I didnt mean to imply you were running a hate group!! I'm sorry for that! I meant the...DeVos guy? Killian, who, as head of the hate group ORCHIS, was last seen gloating that those his organization seeks to eradicate hate and fear them, somehow putting them on a level playing field.

It DOES surprise me that someone IRL would be surprised at mutants hating and fearing mankind on some level, given the literal decades of horrors humans have committed, sanctioned, or turned a blind eye to, but that's all I meant. It just hasnt been put in textual form, until now. Most mutants recognize that the majority of humanity is powerless and not as awful as the vocal minority. Most mutants dont hate and fear all humans. But no mutant blindly trusts humanity in general, unless they're fools.
    Last edited by zinderel; 06-18-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Well, that's less accurate but not totally unfounded. Moira, Xavier and Magneto certainly fear them at the least.

Well, that's less accurate but not totally unfounded. Moira, Xavier and Magneto certainly fear them at the least.
    And with GOOD reason!

Do we think she was doing that on her own...or at the behest of those with power who wanted to own a commodity they didnt see as human and sent her to do it...?
    I’ll tell you in a separate message if that’s alright with you don’t want to get blocked for going off topic.

I’ll tell you in a separate message if that’s alright with you don’t want to get blocked for going off topic.
    Totally! I understand!

I didnt mean to imply you were running a hate group!! I'm sorry for that! I meant the...DeVos guy? Killian, who, as head of the hate group ORCHIS, was last seen gloating that those his organization seeks to eradicate hate and fear them, somehow putting them on a level playing field.

It DOES surprise me that someone IRL would be surprised at mutants hating and fearing mankind on some level, given the literal decades of horrors humans have committed, sanctioned, or turned a blind eye to, but that's all I meant. It just hasnt been put in textual form, until now. Most mutants recognize that the majority of humanity is powerless and not as awful as the vocal minority. Most mutants dont hate and fear all humans. But no mutant blindly trusts humanity in general, unless they're fools.
    Yeah i figured it was more tongue in cheek. Lol. Im just going from my own history. Im a black dude on america and have been kn the end of some hate for no reason but ive never hated anyone. So it felt like it was sayong the oppressed naturally lean in to fear and hate and thats untrue
    Heck even Charlottesville the family didnt want the guy to be put to death.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.