Page 50 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
    All-New Member FazjanVoltren48TT's Avatar

Franklin Richard
    No, we have no need of more pretenders
    The boy is no family of ours

I think that was my favorite part of this issue

All-New Member FazjanVoltren48TT's Avatar

So...if Mutants can spread their influence and existence into the entire universe, into other worlds, into multiple dimensions, then they are waaayy ahead of the game. the mutants evolved the most in the least amount of time. its really getting harder and harder to see how the mutants could fail and fall back to an older status quo. btw I love how mutants have replaced inhumans

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FazjanVoltren48TT View Post
    Franklin Richard

Surprised to see people who actually like the Franklin twist, especially when it seems Hickman definitely had plans for him that Slott vetoed

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Mutants and Inhumans are like cousins in the sense they are both a sub-group of humanity who developed powers from different sources and them both share their warines towards human goverments, it´s moments like this when I wish the retcon was undone because there´s just a kind of nice narrative in the sense that inhumans and mutants are related by family bonds but even with the retcon it would have been nice to see them at the Gala.

RCO012_1470815168.jpg

RCO014_1470815168.jpg
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-19-2021 at 10:06 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Oh give me a break, humanity has been doing great things....for humanity. Not mutants, so mutants are doing what they need to for their children. Reed, tony nor t'challa aint did a damn thing for mutants and humans have been villains to mutants since early xmen history. Yall are tryna be upset that humans are being shown as exactly what they are in the mu toward mutants lol.
    Reed Richards and Tony Stark do what what they do for the entirety of the world. Not a singular people, for everyone. Or did you forget how Reed’s entire thing when it came to Hickman’s run with FF was ‘solve everything’. Hell, it was Reed Richards who ended up being part of the reason that the entire multiverse was restored. And of course let’s not forget that it was Tony and Reed who prevented the entire solar system from being destroyed by the Empyre. Don’t treat it as though they are anything lesser just because the X-books choose to present the worst of humanity rather than the best. Hell, I’ve noticed that even those who were human friends of the X-amen seem to have vanished in this current run of X-Men as if to further force the prospect that all humans are nothing but garbage in the face of mutants who can do no wrong.

I agree we need to see the friendships the X-men had for this to work as a nuanced narrative, Valerie Cooper, Harry´s hideaway, San Francisco mayor, Stevie, Briar Raleigh, Gabrielle Haller, Scott´s grandparents, Jean´s parents, Hank parents, Corsair etc were some people who helped the X-men in their hour of need, Harry in particular helped to hide them during Rosenberg run, that was a really terrible time for mutants and while they had their problems with Tony and Steve after AvX, Reed usually supported them. I hope the writers address this in the next issue because it would make sense to see people with different perspectives specially now when they are dealing with a bigger group a people from different places.

I like most of the changes of this run but it´s true it´s been lacking on the nuance that used to exist in the relationship between the X-men and the rest of the world, I could see even some of their former allies looking with good eyes the existence of Krakoa given the years they had lately which would be a nice contrast with the existence of groups like Orchis and Xeno.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-19-2021 at 10:46 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FazjanVoltren48TT View Post
    Franklin Richard

I'm just waiting for Dan Slott to get off FF cuz when that happens Franklin is going right back in Hickman's toy box.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Reed Richards and Tony Stark do what what they do for the entirety of the world. Not a singular people, for everyone. Or did you forget how Reed’s entire thing when it came to Hickman’s run with FF was ‘solve everything’. Hell, it was Reed Richards who ended up being part of the reason that the entire multiverse was restored. And of course let’s not forget that it was Tony and Reed who prevented the entire solar system from being destroyed by the Empyre. Don’t treat it as though they are anything lesser just because the X-books choose to present the worst of humanity rather than the best. Hell, I’ve noticed that even those who were human friends of the X-amen seem to have vanished in this current run of X-Men as if to further force the prospect that all humans are nothing but garbage in the face of mutants who can do no wrong.
    Woopty doo, Earths heroes doing their job. Are the X-men supposed to jump for joy because they saved the star system? I doubt at some points they did not notice with them being on the run and hunted to near extinction and all that. Its not even about the x-books not showing humanity in a good or bad light because that IS the mutant history. X-men fight the bad guys and sometimes team up with the heroes all while when they get back to their mansion, they're still looked at as less than and threats to humanity. Reed nor Tony have went out of their way to solve any big x-crisis so why should we see the best of humanity when mutantkind has only witnessed the worst of it with the exception of a few hero friends who have never stepped up in any major way to help out?

Yes, having allies is important but if allies cannot understand the mutants circumstances then i understand the point of not being as close as they once were. Mutants doing whats right for their kind has nothing to do with how any human feels because this is from the mutants perspective and all they have known is failure, death and exclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree we need to see the friendships the X-men had for this to work as a nuanced narrative, Valerie Cooper, Harry´s hideaway, San Francisco mayor, Stevie, Briar Raleigh, Gabrielle Haller, Scott´s grandparents, Jean´s parents, Hank parents, Corsair etc were some people who helped the X-men in their hour of need, Harry in particular helped to hide them during Rosenberg run, that was a really terrible time for mutants and while they had their problems with Tony and Steve after AvX, Reed usually supported them. I hope the writers address this in the next issue because it would make sense to see people with different perspectives specially now when they are dealing with a bigger group a people from different places.

I like most of the changes of this run but it´s true it´s been lacking on the nuance that used to exist in the relationship between the X-men and the rest of the world, I could see even some of their former allies looking with good eyes the existence of Krakoa given the years they had lately which would be a nice contrast with the existence of groups like Orchis and Xeno.
    It'll be interesting to see how their attitudes will change once Way of X finds a way to deal with spoilers:
    the psychic Nimrod/Onslaught amplifying their selfish and self-destructive urges.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how their attitudes will change once Way of X finds a way to deal with spoilers:
    the psychic Nimrod/Onslaught amplifying their selfish and self-destructive urges.
    end of spoilers
    Thank you for showing me this, now I really want to know what will happen next and as you said, how they will react once they see more clearly what´s happening. Maybe they will need to rebuild some burned bridges.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I agree we need to see the friendships the X-men had for this to work as a nuanced narrative, Valerie Cooper, Harry´s hideaway, San Francisco mayor, Stevie, Briar Raleigh, Gabrielle Haller, Scott´s grandparents, Jean´s parents, Hank parents, Corsair etc were some people who helped the X-men in their hour of need, Harry in particular helped to hide them during Rosenberg run, that was a really terrible time for mutants and while they had their problems with Tony and Steve after AvX, Reed usually supported them.
    A few mutants are still wearing Reed's unstable molecules, like the costume Mercury used to wear so that she 'didn't have to be naked all the time.'

I assume not everyone on Krakoa is as rabidly anti-human as some X-Man fans. Given that most of them have human parents and family and loved ones (and almost all of them spent 10-15 years as a human!), it makes sense they wouldn't all be filled with hate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Surprised to see people who actually like the Franklin twist, especially when it seems Hickman definitely had plans for him that Slott vetoed
    Because now it’s turned into another avenue for how another marvel IP sucks

Edit: an entirely self-inflicted one, mind you
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 06-20-2021 at 03:01 AM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    A few mutants are still wearing Reed's unstable molecules, like the costume Mercury used to wear so that she 'didn't have to be naked all the time.'

I assume not everyone on Krakoa is as rabidly anti-human as some X-Man fans. Given that most of them have human parents and family and loved ones (and almost all of them spent 10-15 years as a human!), it makes sense they wouldn't all be filled with hate.
    Iron Man did make Jean those "Magneto" helmets to fight Cassandra Nova with. Also, while it was minor, he did try to help the mutant community somewhat during Civil War. While he did try to recruit them initially, he kept from forcing them to register and worked with Bishop to improve their image.

It seems weird that other heroes seem to be hated so strongly during this current era. If anything, it's probably all going to factor into the story later.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-20-2021 at 02:51 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Woopty doo, Earths heroes doing their job. Are the X-men supposed to jump for joy because they saved the star system? I doubt at some points they did not notice with them being on the run and hunted to near extinction and all that. Its not even about the x-books not showing humanity in a good or bad light because that IS the mutant history. X-men fight the bad guys and sometimes team up with the heroes all while when they get back to their mansion, they're still looked at as less than and threats to humanity. Reed nor Tony have went out of their way to solve any big x-crisis so why should we see the best of humanity when mutantkind has only witnessed the worst of it with the exception of a few hero friends who have never stepped up in any major way to help out?

Yes, having allies is important but if allies cannot understand the mutants circumstances then i understand the point of not being as close as they once were. Mutants doing whats right for their kind has nothing to do with how any human feels because this is from the mutants perspective and all they have known is failure, death and exclusion.
    i feel like your main complaint here is that other marvel characters don't solve x men problems, which would make the x line completely pointless.
    the writers of other marvel titles could have their characters deal with and solve mutant issues but ultimately the fate of those issues is left with x men writers and would be ultimately make the other marvel characters look useless to the cause.
    the other option if for x men writers to include them in the stories helping out mutants, but that would take space from the already very large cast of character's they have and would either make the mutants look less capable, or the same for the other heroes, just being there to get knocked down to prop up the x men.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The mutants just actively and publicly helped with saving the world and all humanity from Knull. As they've done countless number of times in the past. And it still counts for less than nothing with regards to mutant /human relations, in general.

With the new X-Men team being the face of mutant heroes, we'll see if there's any change. (From the previews, it does look as though there is some measure of appreciation and acknowledgement so...)
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!