Page 25 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Could someone please tell me whether Mars is going to be a planet for ALL mutants or just the mutant from Arakko?

I can't find (or miss) any mention in the planet-size issue

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Could someone please tell me whether Mars is going to be a planet for ALL mutants or just the mutant from Arakko?

The New Mutants were last seen on Mars

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Yh basically used energy to bast the iron into the core and super heat it ammped by hope ofcourse.
    Thanks!! I forgot about the heating part.

Extraordinary Member

So when iron man said the former queen of wakanda he meant magik right ? Good to know.
    I'd say you're taking things too literally, but you're also reading things he never said. He does not say she brought Wakanda to the table. Wkanda is only mentioned in the context of her being the former queen. The Wakandans were still in Wakanda except for Black Panther who was in New York. Storm did not bring anyone but herself. All of the Avengers were exactly where they were long before she arrived, and she and Iron Man didn't even talk since they were thousands of miles apart on different continents. Storm did not waste time going to Sydney, New York, London, Wakanda, and a bunch of other cities to tell everyone the plan. She went to Thor alone since he was the only person who was relevant to the plan. Thor himself suggested something similar before she showed up but noted he wasn't powerful enough to do it on his own.

Any reading that says Storm united Krakoa, the Avengers, and Wakanda and brought them together is wrong. It assumes things that ignore everything that actually happened in the book. All Iron Man is doing is acknowledging how the day was saved the moment Storm showed up. He didn't talk to her personally and he doesn't know what happened on Krakoa or about Magik's talk with Ted Sallis or gathering of the Dark Rider or the fight with Harrower. He's making an observation about what he sees at the moment and trying to pretend he wasn't useless at the resolution. If Storm brought the 'stubborn Avengers' and Wakanda to the table, what did Wakanda and any Avenger not named Thor do that they weren't already doing long before she showed up?

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

Interesting stuff that sets up so many possibilities.

I hope in the future, they will explore the consequences to colonizing Mars. Was Mars truly uninhabited? Was this something Destiny could've prophesied against in her diaries? Was giving warrior mutants a whole planet a good idea?

Hopefully future writers will expound on what's being built now.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The New Mutants were last seen on Mars
    Visiting a planet isn't the same as living on it permanently, is it?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm now wondering, since they made a big deal out of this but it doesn't seem to be the focus of Duggan's upcoming X-Men book or Hickman's Inferno... could the next "red" book on the Hellfire Gala list be involved? Could SWORD be morphing into "Planet X/Planet Arakko"?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Oh, this won't last. Xavier got popped when it was just an island. A whole planet? Naw, ORCHIS is about to put in some overtime.
    And Mystique is watching it all like, "Y'all can terraform a whole planet, but can't bring back my wife?" Heads will roll. And the threats will come from outside and within. Having said all that, I'm hella excited for what's to come.
    The only thing that may temper Mystique's anger is the fact that Mars is basically Arrako not Krakoa, I don't think she has beef with all mutants just Xavier,Magnus and anyone else between her and Irene.I actually wonder why she can't make pals in Arrako to help her. I guess the answer could be that the whole council of Arrako are no different than X and M "what's in it for me?" types

Astonishing Member

I wonder now that we have a whole mutant planet, wouldn't it serve Krakoa better relocating to Mars to be the one Okkara mutant empire like Shiar? For one their only human villains would be Orchis ,any human villain without space travel capability would be 'marooned' on earth. Sure Xeno could carry out attacks with Mikhail's help but they would be pin pricks compared to the power Krakoa would have with Arraki by their side.As shown Mars is now oxygen rich and maybe has/will have some sort of cosmic ray shielding , but yeah guess it would make X-Men way too alien for people's liking
    Last edited by Rev9; 06-17-2021 at 06:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

Wakanda is really not on her mind right now didn't she throw them back their sword and walked out on them
    Indeed she did, which is why I’m confused Wakanda’s even in this conversation in the context of awkward revenge fantasies. The Coates run sold terribly and has virtually no influence outside its bubble and Storm is already broken up with T’Challa, not to mention the next writer has a very good chance of not even referencing the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda as he’s going with the more traditional direction of BP as an espionage book.

Wakanda has almost nothing to do with Storm’s new role and Hickman’s plans at large. She’s working in an entirely different space now and carving out a new position for herself that looks forward, not to the past.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    The only thing that may temper Mystique's anger is the fact that Mars is basically Arrako not Krakoa, I don't think she has beef with all mutants just Xavier,Magnus and anyone else between her and Irene.I actually wonder why she can't make pals in Arrako to help her. I guess the answer could be that the whole council of Arrako are no different than X and M "what's in it for me?" types
    This is Raven “will literally screw over the entire multiverse if I can’t have Irene back” Darkholme we are talking about here

Edit:

More seriously, outside of Wakanda and Venom, it does look like the general 616 books had started moving more Earth bound in anticipation of any ‘no more space (ship) adventures” mandate. The F4 have their gate and the Avengers/Thor have bifrost if needed

Ewing’s writing Venom and Defenders, so Eddie and Surfer can be handwaved via Sword even without the power difference
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 06-17-2021 at 03:12 AM.

I really hope we will actually get an entire book dealing with this new Mars mutant community. Please don't spoil the potential by ignoring it going forward...

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Indeed she did, which is why I’m confused Wakanda’s even in this conversation in the context of awkward revenge fantasies. The Coates run sold terribly and has virtually no influence outside its bubble and Storm is already broken up with T’Challa, not to mention the next writer has a very good chance of not even referencing the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda as he’s going with the more traditional direction of BP as an espionage book.

Wakanda has almost nothing to do with Storm’s new role and Hickman’s plans at large. She’s working in an entirely different space now and carving out a new position for herself that looks forward, not to the past.
    Storm is featured in the first arc of the new upcoming Black Panther title, whether Storm is featured in it regularly is unknown.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Storm is featured in the first arc of the new upcoming Black Panther title, whether Storm is featured in it regularly is unknown.
    No she isn’t, the Alex Ross cover isn’t an actual indication of whether she’ll appear in the first story arc at all. It was a wraparound cover that features her at the end of the comic while paying respect to the full spectrum of BP lore as issue #3 of this upcoming issue is gonna mark the 300th BP issue. It has no relation to the actual content of the story.

Ridley described his arc as a love story that will likely focus on the introduction of a new love interest for T’Challa as he broke up with Storm in the pages of Marauders #13 several months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post

I hope just those filthy Arakkoans and we never hear about them again......
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume