Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Reed Richards and Tony Stark do what what they do for the entirety of the world. Not a singular people, for everyone. Or did you forget how Reed’s entire thing when it came to Hickman’s run with FF was ‘solve everything’. Hell, it was Reed Richards who ended up being part of the reason that the entire multiverse was restored. And of course let’s not forget that it was Tony and Reed who prevented the entire solar system from being destroyed by the Empyre. Don’t treat it as though they are anything lesser just because the X-books choose to present the worst of humanity rather than the best. Hell, I’ve noticed that even those who were human friends of the X-amen seem to have vanished in this current run of X-Men as if to further force the prospect that all humans are nothing but garbage in the face of mutants who can do no wrong.
    Reed and Tony made Nimrod possible. They made the Mercury Sentinel base possible. Orchis would be nothing without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    What a bizarre question.
    It does look interesting out of context huh? Lol

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Reed and Tony made Nimrod possible. They made the Mercury Sentinel base possible. Orchis would be nothing without them.
    If you're going to attribute tangential behavior look no more at the blood stained hands of the quiet council, half the membership of which have far more blood on their hands. All those years of terrorism and mass murder havent exactly made the mutants look great, especially now that most of those terrorists are in charge of the government
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-20-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    thats the equivalent of blaming the scientists who discovered nuclear fission for the atom bomb
    Last edited by carmoc1234; 06-20-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom x View Post
    this is… very true. We often talk about how humans are portrayed as hateful towards mutants in the mu, but the general public as a whole seems very fickle. Sometimes spider-man is loved and sometimes he’s a menace all according to what story the writers want to tell.

I saw a tweet from duggan that said “hated and feared no more.” so maybe we’ll be soon be getting a story where the public isn’t blatantly anti-mutant.
    hahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom x View Post
    this is… very true. We often talk about how humans are portrayed as hateful towards mutants in the mu, but the general public as a whole seems very fickle. Sometimes spider-man is loved and sometimes he’s a menace all according to what story the writers want to tell.

I saw a tweet from duggan that said “hated and feared no more.” so maybe we’ll be soon be getting a story where the public isn’t blatantly anti-mutant.
    hahahahahahahahaha that is funny my friend

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It feels almost inevitable that, at some point, there's going to be a big fuckup by Krakoa that kills the goodwill it has with humans and the X-Men will have to clean up the mess. That way the X-Men are still "outsiders" to Krakoa without being the hated and feared.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    This is… very true. We often talk about how humans are portrayed as hateful towards mutants in the MU, but the general public as a whole seems very fickle. Sometimes Spider-Man is loved and sometimes he’s a menace all according to what story the writers want to tell.
    As mentioned before.
    That's a problem which will arise when a fictional universe is endlessly continued with a compressed time scale and no end allowed to happen, all while increasingly switching numbers of different writers with different ideas each feel the need to outdo the previous while also maintaining a very specific status quo.

One moment someone or a group of people are the biggest heros on earth. Worshipped by the masses, public knowledge, having their merchandise everywhere. The next they are hated or critized by the public or completely forgotten again. Potentialy even during the same month of publication just because of appearing in two different titles under two different writers and editorial is once again asleep and on auto pilot.

So we have one earth shattering event after the next, in which parts of humanity somehow have access to magic, powers and technology which should have changed the entire geopolitical, social and cultural nature of humanity, but which isn't allowed to happen because of the enforced reflection of modern day US american society and culture.
    We have people of exceptional abilities, knowledge, powers and character, who could lead humanity into a golden age, but they aren't allowed to do so because they need to remain special individuals unshackled from real life situations.
    We have whole new species of beings in regular contact with humanity and even unique super powered groups of humans which should have changed the way humanity is percieving itself in the universe. But that won't happen, because once again everyone is supposed to act like reflecting modern day US american society.

Do i have to list all the otherworldly events which officialy occured in this version of Earth in just 5 in universe years alone?
    Events which happened, where witnissed by all of humanity and yet everything not involving super heros is still supposed to be like in our world? The same people are leaders, the same TV or streaming shows exist, the same people are the celebrities, the highest level of personal communication device is still an I-Phone? Etc.

And the funny part is, it could argued that wouldn't be THAT much of a problem if it would be mostly ignored, if it would be chalked up as a matter of fact element in this universe, so that the willing suspencion of disbelieve can keep kicking in.

But the problem is that too many writers have by now tried to be clever by pointing at these problems and building on them. Essentialy drawing attention to just how horrible and bleak this fictional universe of amazing and wonderous things is because it's not allowed to change at all, while the people who draw attention to it are also the enforcers of this stagnation.

I would argue that DC's way of occasionaly rebooting their universe into a new one with lighter continuity, while retaining the foundations of the previous, might not be such a bad idea, but in the last decade DC has demonstrated just how badly this could be handled too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I saw a tweet from Duggan that said “Hated and feared no more.” So maybe we’ll be soon be getting a story where the public isn’t blatantly anti-mutant.
    Sadly i'm just reminded to how during Uncanny Avengers Deadpool was somehow the biggest and most beloved hero on earth... somehow and we saw how long that one lasted.

There is a reason why i would be more glad about anything X-men related at the moment if it would feel more sustainable to me.

I would be less concerned if it was "Hate and Feared a LOT LESS." but that wouldn't sound as good as slogan for a new book i admit.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-20-2021 at 10:31 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    One of the many reasons I'm excited for this book. I'm looking forward to seeing the X-Men in the center of NYC and seeing who they bump into.
    X-Men, Heroes of Krakoa. I'm so stoked, especially if they get some love from humans.
    Same here. Excited does not begin to describe what I'm feeling about the X-Men right now.

Duggan released a tweet "Hated and Feared no more" and, going by the "smiling and waving" panel...we may get some of that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Same here. Excited does not begin to describe what I'm feeling about the X-Men right now.

Duggan released a tweet "Hated and Feared no more" and, going by the "smiling and waving" panel...we may get some of that.
    X-Men parade on deck!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Which really just shows how much Jean and Cyclops "get it" I mean sure they spent the last few months building a foundation for their newly birthed mutant Nation there's still something to be said about a team of mutants going out there into the human world and just doing normal heroics. Not to mention it's excellent PR for Krakoa.
    Last edited by loke13; 06-20-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Which really just shows how much Jean and Cyclops "get it" I mean sure they spent the last few months building a foundation for their newly birthed mutant Nation there's still something to be said about a team of mutants going out there into the human world and just doing normal heroics. Not to mention it's excellent PR for Krakoa.
    Well said.
    This is one of my favorite pages of this entire era.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Exactatiously.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

The fact that Xavier is smiling and what Magneto is saying, leaves me concerned this is all part of their and Moira's plan and Jean and Scott have just been manipulated into doing something which will ultimately just fuel the fire that burns the paradise down, rather than it being an act of heroic defiance against a flawed system.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Or they are just proud to have the X-men again and know they are going to do a good job representing mutantkind and defending the world.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022