Page 12 of 70 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I mean, they are OP but not in an "easy" way.

Being able to know where anything is? Imagine any country that had that power. It would be impossible to hide from them.

Being able to create unlimited oceans? That adorable axolotl could flood the entire Earth if he wanted to with enough time.

But they are powers, I don't know how to explain it, more interesting that for example Vulcan which is like "Yeah, I absorb energy and I can shoot energy".
    You are sooo smart! This this this is what I was trying to say, they can do omega battle stuff but they would have to work for it unlike other omegas.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    your not wrong. he did get killed by thor a year ago and his helmet is now an arch on the rainbow bridge.
    Thor was powered up by galactus, so it wasn't a joke

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I mean what the did was great and the issue was great and it was well written. I like there was no actual reality warping and think people aren't giving enough credit for the fact that this wasn't a simple terraforming. These mutants brought this planet literally back to life. The Arrako mutant with water created a whole ocean ecosystem with wildlife and the potential for whatever the new mars life forms will look like when they walk out of the ocean. The other arrako mutant went into the lands of mars and was able to bring back it's own resources, not just placing life forms from earth but reviving the compositions in it's own earth while the entire time storm was coaelacing everything and making it one as "on mars she had control of it's entire climate." I was more than satisfied and read this probably 3 times since 6am this morning. New Mutants was the better written book though and X-Corp. Man, that book just feels aggressive.
    I like what they said that she married the land sea and sky

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    I don't know whether Gwenpool currently counts as a mutant or not, but I think they really could use someone with a little bit of meta insight. Like, you're once again gathering a huge part of your species in a location where they can all be conveniently wiped out without affecting the rest of the setting. Just don't do that.
    The good thing is that the Arraki are bred for war and enjoy fighting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    It did feel like setting up a playground for Nimrod to eventually cut loose in. I can only assume that not wanting to harm Earth's ecosystem is what kept Orchis from attacking Krakoa so far, but there should be nothing stopping them from lobbing a couple decommissioned Setinels at relativistic speeds towards Mars to test their defences.
    It's exactly what is going to happen, it is easier to attack Mars than Earth. Arraki never were more than red shirts.
    Quentin even hint that they could be a Genosha 2.0

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Mercury is already Planet Sentinel
    Mars is now Planet Arrakoa

Arrakoa is gonna be xenocided
    I mean I do not get why the omega mutants can bring a whole planet to life but can't deal with orchis.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I mean I do not get why the omega mutants can bring a whole planet to life but can't deal with orchis.
    Because officially they can't kill humans.

Yeah, they secretly send Mystique to plant a bomb but it's secret, it's not the same as throwing Omegas to slaughter humans.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Yeah, they secretly send Mystique to plant a bomb but it's secret, it's not the same as throwing Omegas to slaughter humans.
    I mean that hasn't really stopped them so far

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Well said, they have been killing nad maiming mutants, so the law isn't a problem.

Now they can all live on mars and stop being pissed at humans

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It is not the same in the international community to carry out secret missions to use the mutant equivalent of dropping a nuclear bomb. Like, one thing is black ops and another thing is open war operations.

Incredible Member

its not even the humans that people are surprised will be a challenge its nimrod. you show us something this powerful and then tell us nimrod is actually still a threat. people just find it hard to believe. i know suspension of disbelief is needed in comics but showing us over the top power and then ignoring it in the same run makes it way harder.

Incredible Member

Enjoyed the issue, it definitely read like a Hickman comic.

One question - I know Iceman does temperature manipulation rather than generating ice. Would there be enough moisture on Mars to generate all that ice?

Incredible Member

Boring issue. I've found the Arakko mutants to be boring, so while I'm glad they're gone now, a big "planet-sized" issue to explain how they got gone is still going to bore me to tears in the middle of the previously already boring Hellfire Gala.

Sigh. Let's just fast-forward to Inferno so I can get the story that Hickman wanted to tell before editorial decided to pad out this Hickman era with boring filler trash by non-Hickman writers, with the exception being my beloved Hellions written by my beloved Zeb Wells, one of the few writers in comics who should be allowed to use humor.

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    its not even the humans that people are surprised will be a challenge its nimrod. you show us something this powerful and then tell us nimrod is actually still a threat. people just find it hard to believe. i know suspension of disbelief is needed in comics but showing us over the top power and then ignoring it in the same run makes it way harder.
    Concentration is the variable. It's one thing to perform feats when you're not being attacked, a whole other thing when a killer robot is coming at you.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Boring issue. I've found the Arakko mutants to be boring, so while I'm glad they're gone now, a big "planet-sized" issue to explain how they got gone is still going to bore me to tears in the middle of the previously already boring Hellfire Gala.

Sigh. Let's just fast-forward to Inferno so I can get the story that Hickman wanted to tell before editorial decided to pad out this Hickman era with boring filler trash by non-Hickman writers, with the exception being my beloved Hellions written by my beloved Zeb Wells, one of the few writers in comics who should be allowed to use humor.
    Seems like some people are waking up to this.

Duggan emulating Hickman is so sad