Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Interesting. So as long as Isca is still onboard with everything, it's guaranteed the mutants win!
    But if she starts packing her bags, we're in trouble.
    What if someone just kills her?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The fight with betsy was to the death and she ended up as confetti on the floor
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I fail to see how that answers the question of what it would mean for the whole propheciesed looming conflict and the possible predictions of it's outcome, if Isca is simply killed by someone.

Though i should specify, killed without the possibility of being simply downloaded into a new body.

I fail to see how that answers the question of what it would mean for the whole propheciesed looming conflict and the possible predictions of it's outcome, if Isca is simply killed by someone.

Though i should specify, killed without the possibility of being simply downloaded into a new body.
    My point is that I don’t think someone could “SIMPLY” kill Isca, but they are welcome to try…. at their own expenses I suspect
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I will consult with my magic 8 ball and get back to you.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It doesn't even seem like some Darwin thing where she adapts to her opponents, she basically just is strong and picks the winning team. The second part may not even technically be a power

Incredible Member

i thought that was saturnyne who did that to betsy. was that iscas powers that caused her to turn to shards?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It doesn't even seem like some Darwin thing where she adapts to her opponents, she basically just is strong and picks the winning team. The second part may not even technically be a power
    what would happen if the team she switched to didn't want her and kept attacking her anyway? like if she was trapped somewhere with the hulk and he was attacking her

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i thought that was saturnyne who did that to betsy. was that iscas powers that caused her to turn to shards?
    I dont think it was ever revealed, but it seems to be Saturnyne powers

Wait, maybe that's the way to game Iscas power? You can only beat her if she thinks she's on your side and you stab her in the back?
    Isca is a passive reality warper. Her power doesn't turn off she is blessed or cursed depending on your point of view for reality to shape its self for her to come out on top.

Active reality warpers like Monarch or Franklin have to think about what they are changing while people like Isca and Domino don't have a choice

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    See, I suspect that’s how Isca power works, at the end she won, doesn’t matter how or why.
    Last edited by Daedra; 06-22-2021 at 05:20 PM.

I doubt that is how her powers work though. It seems to me that she will be 'forced' by her abilities to always choose that path that leads to her survival/victory w/e.

If someone stronger than her comes along she will be forced to betray her allies, and seek the path to survival. Even if that means siding with Sentinels or god knows what.

It is a terrible curse indeed. But man what a fun character.
    Last edited by Runarc; 06-22-2021 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Runarc View Post
    I doubt that is how her powers work though. It seems to me that she will be 'forced' by her abilities to always choose that path that leads to her survival/victory w/e.

If someone stronger than her comes along she will be forced to betray her allies, and seek the path to survival. Even if that means siding with Sentinels or god knows what.

What if she tries to beat Darwin?
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 06-22-2021 at 06:02 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Runarc View Post

We got that, but people have been wondering what would happen in case someone really wanted her dead (meaning no side switching possible), how would her powers work against someone hellbent on killing her specifically?

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

We got that, but people have been wondering what would happen in case someone really wanted her dead (meaning no side switching possible), how would her powers work against someone hellbent on killing her specifically?
    Exactly. Side-switching isn’t always an option. She’s clearly able to win without switching sides as we saw when she played the games with Magik and Cable.