Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    This isn't nearly as bad as Swords because it's only half the length and they clearly mark which issues are important and which aren't in advance

But yeah this could have been just the core 4 issues
    X-men and Marauders weren't Red issues at all. Being only the one shot could be served. (sword is important but it is after the gala and seems more important to ewing cosmic plans)A

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

It also did not help that the other big reveal, the X-Men, was so announced so early. Unless SWORD has a trick up it's sleeve, the only twist left is Magnetos trial, and even that isn't a main issue

Extraordinary Member

Got back from the shop, read this, not much to say. Good thing Magneto was there to clean up Jean's mess especially when she freaked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Boring issue. I've found the Arakko mutants to be boring, so while I'm glad they're gone now, a big "planet-sized" issue to explain how they got gone is still going to bore me to tears in the middle of the previously already boring Hellfire Gala.

Sigh. Let's just fast-forward to Inferno so I can get the story that Hickman wanted to tell before editorial decided to pad out this Hickman era with boring filler trash by non-Hickman writers, with the exception being my beloved Hellions written by my beloved Zeb Wells, one of the few writers in comics who should be allowed to use humor.
    Yep. Thanks be to Hellions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    The arraki mutants that have very convenient powers made me laugh
    Eh one it's comic books so everything is convenient.
    2. We know that Krakoa has several contingencies/substitutes for mutants.

3. The plan was ALWAYS to terraform mars the arrival of Arakko just sped up their time table.

4. Last but not least their are MILLIONS of mutants living on Arrako it's not far-fetched to think that at least two or three of them would have powers that would help them terraform a planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Makes sense. She’s not invulnerable, despite how powerful she is.
    Only Vulcan, Proteus, Iceman, and Exodus are tougher than a normal person among the Omega.

Proteus is also weak to metal, so it is doubtful that he will be of much help against Sentinels.

Omegas are powerful but they are not Hulk or Thor. Most are very fragile.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Wonder how long this will last before 616 humanity tries nuking it/sends Sentinels to destroy it all.

An oppressed people once pushed to the brink of extinction unifying is bad enough for some. Add in the rapidly increasing numbers, the establishing of a homeland, and now an expansionist bent that shows up the best Humans can achieve, and then some?

The inadequacies will be entirely too much for the likes of Orchis and Xeno, who will respond like all abusive parents do when their primacy is challenged - with more abuse. And that's not even considering how nations like Russia, Brazil and now the UK will react...

All that said, I think my favorite part of this is that they terraformed a planet named for the God of War, and then populated it with mutants for whom conflict is lifeblood...
    Yup. These mutants are ready to throw down 24/7.
    Last edited by JB; 06-16-2021 at 12:44 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I mean the mutants don't exactly need teddy now do they? They are gearing up for the phalanx a galactic level civilization. Teddy not now liking them because they say wanda is not good is literally not a concern of theirs if anything they entertaining the skrulls and kree is for good diplomatic play. The kree and skrull are more of an avengers thing the shiar for the xmen and now the biggest civilization the phalanx for the xmen not to mention the brood whom are innumerable. I think the mutants would be fine and storm being teased to be the new regent would make it easier for the mutants to rule remember how she easily organized the xmen, avengers and wakandans in the course of the man thing. She is good at diplomacy and has a VERY powerful presence so she being in charge would make sense.
    i get the whole phalanx thing that is being built towards, but for now its their first galactic level thing of their own planet and there will be races that may ignore it or even just ignore the fact that a mutant world is a different thing to an earth world and just refer continue to call them humans i think for now its establishing a foothold in the galaxy as specifically mutants and they might struggle there.
    i don't remember storm organizing everyone in man thing. she got krakoa to help and then worked with thor to do the weather thing around the planet to clean up. not saying she wont be a good diplomat because she will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yup. These mutants are ready to throw day 24/7.
    I'd read an entire crossover that focused on 616 humanity's worst elements trying to eradicate the mutants of planet Arakko, expecting things to go how they always have on Earth... only to learn what happens when they f*** around and find out just how different the mutants of Arakko really are...

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Eh one it's comic books so everything is convenient.
    2. We know that Krakoa has several contingencies/substitutes for mutants.

3. The plan was ALWAYS to terraform mars the arrival of Arakko just sped up their time table.

4. Last but not least their are MILLIONS of mutants living on Arrako it's not far-fetched to think that at least two or three of them would have powers that would help them terraform a planet.
    It's too convenient. makes no sense the guy be a worm with everything to make possible plants to grow and the other have blood that has entire oceanic ecosystem.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    I'd read an entire crossover that focused on 616 humanity's worst elements trying to eradicate the mutants of planet Arakko, expecting things to go how they always have on Earth... only to learn what happens when they f*** around and find out just how different the mutants of Arakko really are...
    I want this limited series.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i could see the shiar doing it but teddy and the kree/skrull might ignore it. the snarks would probably go to mars as well
    I agree unless they try to invade or some **** I don't see Teddy really caring, his advisors might care but he's pro-peace & the Skree empire is a dynasty he holds all the power so yeah he won't give AF.

Probably the best X-Men issue since HoX/PoX. Very interested in Duggan’s X-Men if he keeps the same tone for that as he did for this.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I want this limited series.
    Coming this Fall, the new Crossover Event That Changes Everything!!!!!

Hellraiser X

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Only Vulcan, Proteus, Iceman, and Exodus are tougher than a normal person among the Omega.

Proteus is also weak to metal, so it is doubtful that he will be of much help against Sentinels.

Omegas are powerful but they are not Hulk or Thor. Most are very fragile.
    So who among them would count as glass cannons?

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i get the whole phalanx thing that is being built towards, but for now its their first galactic level thing of their own planet and there will be races that may ignore it or even just ignore the fact that a mutant world is a different thing to an earth world and just refer continue to call them humans i think for now its establishing a foothold in the galaxy as specifically mutants and they might struggle there.
    i don't remember storm organizing everyone in man thing. she got krakoa to help and then worked with thor to do the weather thing around the planet to clean up. not saying she wont be a good diplomat because she will.
    Well so long as she isn't dealing with Wakanda she would do well i guess.