Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    i feel like your main complaint here is that other marvel characters don't solve x men problems, which would make the x line completely pointless.
    the writers of other marvel titles could have their characters deal with and solve mutant issues but ultimately the fate of those issues is left with x men writers and would be ultimately make the other marvel characters look useless to the cause.
    the other option if for x men writers to include them in the stories helping out mutants, but that would take space from the already very large cast of character's they have and would either make the mutants look less capable, or the same for the other heroes, just being there to get knocked down to prop up the x men.
    I think it is an issue when those lines are the ones that make the mandate. It's like setting yourself up to fail. Civil War, Terrigen Bomb, Registration, the mutant side did deal with those issues and eventually they did solve them and sometimes with help but in the main books where it started they pretty much ignored how it effected mutants and if your Earth's mightest heroes then that should be dealt with in your book. But it is what it is.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Are the X-men supposed to jump for joy because they saved the star system?
    What a bizarre question.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Not really. Not when you consider the number of times they've saved the Earth and the Galaxy either singlehandedly or alongside the other heroes.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not really. Not when you consider the number of times they've saved the Earth and the Galaxy either singlehandedly or alongside the other heroes.
    My reaction is that if the star system isn't saved, there are no mutants alive to jump for anything.

This is sounding like Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams' GL/GA "what have you done for us?" question

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    My reaction is that if the star system isn't saved, there are no mutants alive to jump for anything.

This is sounding like Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams' GL/GA "what have you done for us?" question
    True. From that perspective, it is a moot point.

And it is...to an extent. The Avengers and other heroes have acknowledged in the past the X-Men as Heroes. It's the general public that seems to conveniently forget and ignore that fact, often.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think it is an issue when those lines are the ones that make the mandate. It's like setting yourself up to fail. Civil War, Terrigen Bomb, Registration, the mutant side did deal with those issues and eventually they did solve them and sometimes with help but in the main books where it started they pretty much ignored how it effected mutants and if your Earth's mightest heroes then that should be dealt with in your book. But it is what it is.
    Because those are major crossover events, not the plots of individual books. You don't see Spider-Man fans angry the X-Men didn't prevent Uncle Bens death

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Because those are major crossover events, not the plots of individual books. You don't see Spider-Man fans angry the X-Men didn't prevent Uncle Bens death
    The Five should bring Uncle Ben back just to troll Spider-man.

Except those books started in the main line. A mutant did not kill uncle ben if they did then you would have a point just like i don't see mutants blaming spiderman for all the murdered mutants in new york when he is it's self proclaimed protector. But to create a directive that will harm another franchise directly and choose not to deal with it. The chips fall on them. Main line released gas, it stayed around for almost two years, that wasn't an event, same with registration of super powered people. Those were all things that the writers went into knowing it will affect super powered beings primarily mutants and they lasted long after the "events". So at the end of the day it still is what it is. I just look at it from the facts and it has come back to bite them. People shouldn't have to ignore it marvel should fix it and do better.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Do better how? By not including the X-Men in big crossovers at all then?

Do better how? By not including the X-Men in big crossovers at all then?
    Next time there is an event that makes a status like Civil war etc, End it in the actual event or keep it in those books. Pretty simple,i shouldn't be reading about the terrigen cloud in x-books that was released in another book and the the inhumans didn't deal with or have any plot relevance after all the people who became inhuman had already done so. But this is a circular topic for some and they will keep reach for the next what if so i'm jumping off the topic.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

True. From that perspective, it is a moot point.

And it is...to an extent. The Avengers and other heroes have acknowledged in the past the X-Men as Heroes. It's the general public that seems to conveniently forget and ignore that fact, often.
    Hell, half the time the general public seems to forget the Avengers are heroes. They'll turn on them at the drop of a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Hell, half the time the general public seems to forget the Avengers are heroes. They'll turn on them at the drop of a hat.
    This is… very true. We often talk about how humans are portrayed as hateful towards mutants in the MU, but the general public as a whole seems very fickle. Sometimes Spider-Man is loved and sometimes he’s a menace all according to what story the writers want to tell.

I saw a tweet from Duggan that said “Hated and feared no more.” So maybe we’ll be soon be getting a story where the public isn’t blatantly anti-mutant.

Incredible Member

Was there any X-men when Uncle Ben bit the dust?

Mighty Member

With the new X-Men team being the face of mutant heroes, we'll see if there's any change. (From the previews, it does look as though there is some measure of appreciation and acknowledgement so...)
    'Heroes'?

I think that an X-Men team without the veteran X-Men like the real Wolverine is just a half-baked team.
    Last edited by ericng; 06-20-2021 at 09:09 AM.

The mutants just actively and publicly helped with saving the world and all humanity from Knull. As they've done countless number of times in the past. And it still counts for less than nothing with regards to mutant /human relations, in general.

With the new X-Men team being the face of mutant heroes, we'll see if there's any change. (From the previews, it does look as though there is some measure of appreciation and acknowledgement so...)
    One of the many reasons I'm excited for this book. I'm looking forward to seeing the X-Men in the center of NYC and seeing who they bump into.
    X-Men, Heroes of Krakoa. I'm so stoked, especially if they get some love from humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Fair point.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!