Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I like that the Way of X preview presents the idea that regular mutants are not on board with the Omegas always being up to stuff behind everyones backs
    I posted a fanfic in September 2019 with the following exchange.

Kurt rolls over. “Staff?” He sounds incredulous.
    “And someone to clean this place and cook for you.” Logan pokes a prominent rib. “You need a housekeeper.”
    “A servant!” Kurt has now progressed to sounding horrified. “Mutants don’t come here to be cooks or housekeepers or secretaries, they come here to be free!”
    “Sure. Free. And then what? They sit around all day eating lotus flowers and being all Zen like? They come here to be safe, but they need to do things, have a purpose, a job.” Kurt, for once, is speechless. “They’re not all gonna’ be out in spandex, saving the world, Elf. Or working their tail off on the Quiet Council. So let them make you dinner. It’s gotta be someones superpower, baking a good pie.”

Astonishing Member

The rate this is going Zuras and Medusa are going to have Daredevil sue the QC for infringement

I have to say throw in the atlantis "someone has to protect the seas from space faring sea whales who may want to settle in the oceans of Arrako and set up new attilian on the planet as well with storm as regent and Arrako could support it's own line. lol Inhumans and Arrakian Mutants also have a lot in common, including looks. Then have it so planet Arrako pods are a safe alternative to terrigensis and you got a new inhumans line with a fresh start too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Quesada came from comics but he was far more active on TV/Movie than doing comics. Now he is VP and creative director.
    Fans think that CCO means he is in charge of comics, not true at all. Cebulski and Buckley are in charge. Feige takes care of adapttions on other media.
    Of course he probably knows about some deelopments, but he has bigger $$$ on Star Wars and marvel. he is overseeing dozens of properties
    Including comics. Feige being chief creative officer extends to comics. Cebulski and Buckley are under Feige. Feige is a C-level exec over all creative. That includes the comics. Feige is their boss. Again, doubt he has time or interest in wielding great influence over the comics, but they certainly fall under his purview. If he wanted the HiXmen to stop, it would be stopped.

JDW also said it directly in that Last X-men Monday. He flat out said he has spoken with Feige, he is a nice guy, and he now runs the comics side so they do stay in contact.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Exactly. He may not be as hands on as, say, he is ei to the films, but he's not CCO in name only.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    JDW also said it directly in that Last X-men Monday. He flat out said he has spoken with Feige, he is a nice guy, and he now runs the comics side so they do stay in contact.
    Feige doesn't run comics. I already gave the job description, just because he said hi to Jordan White doesn't mean he give orders on comics.IDK why people insist on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Including comics. Feige being chief creative officer extends to comics. Cebulski and Buckley are under Feige. Feige is a C-level exec over all creative. That includes the comics. Feige is their boss. Again, doubt he has time or interest in wielding great influence over the comics, but they certainly fall under his purview. If he wanted the HiXmen to stop, it would be stopped.
    They report to him, but they are chief of marvel comics, Feige isn't. His job is movies/tv/games. CCO means that he is responsible for creating and fostering rules that help the company to be creative.
    That was Quesada role, he did very little on comics, it was Alonso e later cebulski jobs to run the comics.Johns did the same on DC

Feige doesn't run comics. I already gave the job description, just because he said hi to Jordan White doesn't mean he give orders on comics.IDK why people insist on that.
    AIPT: Have you had a chance to meet Kevin?

Jordan: Yeah! He’s really nice guy. I mean, you know, I can’t say too much about corporate stuff, but it’s pretty public knowledge that we work under their umbrella now. So we’ve done a lot more stuff where we talk to each other about what we’re doing and it’s really nice. He’s a terrific guy.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/14/x-...e-gala-week-2/

I can't say how much control he is choosing to exert but being under someone else's umbrella does imply they have direct control.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

What exactly do you think changed about the CCO job description between Quesada having it and Feige having it

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    What exactly do you think changed about the CCO job description between Quesada having it and Feige having it
    Nothing changed. Quesada wasn't in charge of comics, that was Buckley/Alonso jobs.

Nothing changed. Quesada wasn't in charge of comics, that was Buckley/Alonso jobs.
    Rang10, you are wrong.

There are things I am “in charge of” at my work. But I have bosses. That means they are in charge of my things, too. It’s a chain of command.

For creative at Marvel including comics, Feige is the C-level exec over them and the boss. Look at the Jordan quote. You think the editor of the X line of titles is lying to you about that or that he doesn’t know who his big boss is?

You’re also missing the actual, last, big corporate shakeup within Marvel.

The comics, including Quesada, used to report up through Perlmutter. Now, Perlmutter is basically gone from any creative decisions at Marvel. Although Perlmutter’s title is chairman, FEC filings indicate Perlmutter is retired. The comics report up through Feige now.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    The mutants just terraformed Mars in a couple of hours....
    About 1 hour and 10 minutes, if the time table from X-Men #21 stands. After the telepathic election, the Omegas step out at 10:35pm, and by 11:45pm Emma is sharing the 'fireworks'. Maybe Magneto et al did the iron core part before the party?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

My main problem with the Planet-Size and its plot fallout is how in any meaningful way is Mars the seat of any government for this solar system? There is no world government let alone a solar system government. There’s diplomatic exchanges and relations at the UN, but it’s not the government. So, now, an offshoot of warrior mutants who number in less than a thousandth of the entire population of Earth rules over the solar system? It doesn’t make sense. Sure, you can set up conflict over this, but if aliens were real, no aliens are going to recognize Mars as the seat of a real government. They might see Krakoa as the world’s government, but probably not. It’s kind of silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Rang10, you are wrong.

There are things I am “in charge of” at my work. But I have bosses. That means they are in charge of my things, too. It’s a chain of command.

For creative at Marvel including comics, Feige is the C-level exec over them and the boss. Look at the Jordan quote. You think the editor of the X line of titles is lying to you about that or that he doesn’t know who his big boss is?

You’re also missing the actual, last, big corporate shakeup within Marvel.

The comics, including Quesada, used to report up through Perlmutter. Now, Perlmutter is basically gone from any creative decisions at Marvel. Although Perlmutter’s title is chairman, FEC filings indicate Perlmutter is retired. The comics report up through Feige now.
    I am not wrong. He is not the boss, that would make both the Marvel President and the editor in chief redundancies. That way they would be fired as Disney is cleaning up refundavies Buckley and Cebulski are in charge of comics. Feige just see what is going on and exchange ideas. CCO job description is about brand, fostering creative workplaces l.