Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    But is it really everyone else? Sure the mutants are feeling themselves right now - they just brought a dead planet back to life, quickly. But remember a large part of that is because they needed land for more medicine. I think if they all felt as Erik feels they wouldn't bother asking for treaties and UN recognition, or making medicine. They wouldn't be forming the X-Men again either. They're having a moment of glory and they're basking in it, and I ain't mad at it.

Agreed and if Magneto was really about the "master race" he would have let the Arrako mutants to keep attacking countries at earth instead of looking for a different solution that would be good for all parties involved, now they have a place for Arrako mutants to live, they can develop more medicine and there´s no mutant/human war on the horizon. Before this Cap America said to Cyclops the goverments of Earth panicked over the apparition of millions of more mutants from Arrako so they had a short ammount of time before getting into a war, that´s why Magneto said if they failed the consequences would be worse than embarrasment.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    I am not wrong. He is not the boss, that would make both the Marvel President and the editor in chief redundancies. That way they would be fired as Disney is cleaning up refundavies Buckley and Cebulski are in charge of comics. Feige just see what is going on and exchange ideas. CCO job description is about brand, fostering creative workplaces l.
    It’s not redundancy. Feige is Buckley’s boss.Get it?

Go read:
    https://variety.com/2019/biz/news/ke...203371505/amp/

Here’s the relevant quote from the article:
    Dan Buckley will remain president of Marvel Entertainment. He will continue to oversee publishing both creative and editorial, reporting to Feige.
    The real story here, a year and a half ago, is that Perlmutter isn’t in charge anymore and Feige is now in charge of Marvel.

Of course, Bob Iger and Bob Chapek are the real bosses at Disney and Marvel. But when viewed as a creative enterprise, Feige is the boss at Marvel.

Fantastic Member

There isn't glory on autocracy or racial supremacy. Good that you like, but some users won't look away because mutants did a feat.
    And some users know what its like to be hated for being born a certain way, while others won't have a clue what that feels like but have the audacity to still feel like they are qualified to speak on it.
    Last edited by OmegaStorm87; 06-18-2021 at 10:27 AM.

There isn't glory on autocracy or racial supremacy. Good that you like, but some users won't look away because mutants did a feat.
    Yes and that's the tension that makes all of this so interesting to me. How will everyone else react? Who will utilize the diplomatic ring, who will shun it? Will Arrako on Mars be formally recognized, and will the mutants care? This opens up so many possibilities and I say let's see how this ends with SWORD and where we go with X-Men, heroes of Krakoa.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that this will only be a big factor in sword, at least not I'll the inevitable big final battle where Arakko is cannon fodder against (Phalanx/Orchis/Moira/Sinister/Any or all of the above)

I am not wrong. He is not the boss, that would make both the Marvel President and the editor in chief redundancies. That way they would be fired as Disney is cleaning up refundavies Buckley and Cebulski are in charge of comics. Feige just see what is going on and exchange ideas. CCO job description is about brand, fostering creative workplaces l.
    You’re 100% wrong. Just because an exec doesn’t oversee operations day to day doesn’t mean they don’t have the option to exert control over it. You’re either being purposely obtuse or you’ve never worked in a structured environment and are simply uninformed on the matter. I’m in charge of my business and I have managers that work under me, I don’t micromanage them but if I want something to change it changes. Is Fiege going to exert that power, probably not, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post

Go read:

The real story here, a year and a half ago, is that Perlmutter isn’t in charge anymore and Feige is now in charge of Marvel.

Of course, Bob Iger and Bob Chapek are the real bosses at Disney and Marvel. But when viewed as a creative enterprise, Feige is the boss at Marvel.
    Meaning the Krakoa era was approved by Feige himself and these are permanent changes as they are made to be the basis for stories on the X-Men/mutants.

But a certain poster is just unhappy with these changes. He is entitled to his opinion as for what he likes and cosabt like but obviously Marvel investing so much money in rebooting the X-Men let’s you know these are permanent changes.

I just don't get the talk of supremacy when no one is being suppressed. That opens my mind to a while plethora of thoughts on do they feel they are responsible for the words or actions of a few. I also don't get what people are expecting in mutant books. Cap gets to be cool in his own book so mutants finally got some swag after all the complaints about how the MU turned a blind eye to them being killed off and they are back like bygones be bygones we are going up, but somehow we are stretching our thoughts in support because X-men we aren't reacting to something that isn't being shown on panel. Well ok.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yes and that's the tension that makes all of this so interesting to me. How will everyone else react? Who will utilize the diplomatic ring, who will shun it? Will Arrako on Mars be formally recognized, and will the mutants care? This opens up so many possibilities and I say let's see how this ends with SWORD and where we go with X-Men, heroes of Krakoa.
    Me too I am quite excited to see the next issue of Sword I love how Ewing can involde all points of views in his story and in a title dedicated to diplomacy it´s a plus, that talk between Doom and Cap was great so looking forward to see what else he will do next week.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    "Might makes right" and all that. The mutants just geoengineered a planet in-between courses at their cocktail party. The Shi'Ar already acknowledged them as rulers before that feat. This their star system now.
    I don’t disagree that in the comics that is what happened. Indeed, it did. I am saying that it severely disrupts my suspension of disbelief when engaging with this fictional story.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Once upon a time "might makes right" and "racial superiority is the most important factor in the world" were ideolgies the X-Men opposed, not espoused with a smile on their face. I mean Magnetos always been about the Glorious Mutant Master Race **** but now everyone else does too
    Mutants are a master race. They can do things humans cannot and should not be living in a world where humans legislate against them, infringe upon their rights, and hunt them with giant robots if they have any power to do anything about it, which they do. This has been a long time coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Agreed and if Magneto was really about the "master race" he would have let the Arrako mutants to keep attacking countries at earth instead of looking for a different solution that would be good for all parties involved, now they have a place for Arrako mutants to live, they can develop more medicine and there´s no mutant/human war on the horizon. Before this Cap America said to Cyclops the goverments of Earth panicked over the apparition of millions of more mutants from Arrako so they had a short ammount of time before getting into a war, that´s why Magneto said if they failed the consequences would be worse than embarrasment.
    Bingo. Cap says the "entire planet went to DEFCON one" when Arakko appeared. The mutants acted as fast as they could when they could have told humanity to kick rocks and deal with it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I just don't get the talk of supremacy when no one is being suppressed. That opens my mind to a while plethora of thoughts on do they feel they are responsible for the words or actions of a few. I also don't get what people are expecting in mutant books. Cap gets to be cool in his own book so mutants finally got some swag after all the complaints about how the MU turned a blind eye to them being killed off and they are back like bygones be bygones we are going up, but somehow we are stretching our thoughts in support because X-men we aren't reacting to something that isn't being shown on panel. Well ok.
    Certain demographs feel uncomfortable when they see those who have been downtrodden for generations raise up and fight fire with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post

Go read:

It confirms my point. Report doesn't mean Feige is his boss, but as creative chief he has to know what is going on on comics and about future plans.
    Buckley still repots to Perlmutter. So yes Feige isn't in charge of comics. He just oversee

Bingo. Cap says the "entire planet went to DEFCON one" when Arakko appeared. The mutants acted as fast as they could when they could have told humanity to kick rocks and deal with it.
    Exactly it was a problem that needed to be solved quickly because Arrako was not going to give, they are a civilization used to war after thousands of years fighting off demons and neither the goverments at earth would stay pasive over this so relocating to Mars was a solution.