Page 13 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

For example, Storm is powerful enough to create an atmosphere on a planet.

And still, if you throw a brick at her head, you can kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I liked that too it showed your powers don't need to be ridiculously OP to be an omega level makes ya think.
    Agreed, I really liked that aspect too. OP characters are not fun to read. The art in this issue was beautiful, I loved the Omegas working in unison even though they could've had Quentin + Exodus helping Jean TK throw the station in order to give them more to do. I think this is a great addition to the mythos.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Concentration is the variable. It's one thing to perform feats when you're not being attacked, a whole other thing when a killer robot is coming at you.
    sure i agree that makes a big difference

Well the issue was fine as it is. Sure there are some inconsistencies with power use that is best to be ignored. Overall I found it very workmanlike. Witch isn't to say that as an insult. It's fine work. It just lacks elegance. Something that makes it really awe us.

Perhaps the division of covering the creation in steps blunted some of the beauty of it. It's a perfectly fine way to structure that part of the story but I can't help to find it a bit by the numbers. There where no part where I was just "Gee that's clever".

Overall Duggan got the characters voices right. It flowed well. To bad I don't really care that much for the main players, but that is my problem =)

Now lets see how Mars is used in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    For example, Storm is powerful enough to create an atmosphere on a planet.

And still, if you throw a brick at her head, you can kill her.
    Makes sense. She’s not invulnerable, despite how powerful she is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Makes sense. She’s not invulnerable, despite how powerful she is.
    I like that it makes her much more interesting. And the truth is that once storm gets some level of invulnerability how on earth do you conceive someone beating her. It literally makes no sense.same goes for other omegas like Quentin and jean even though they have shields.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Storm can indeed make it rain on Mars.

But, we still don't know whether she can make it rain on the sun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Storm can indeed make it rain on Mars.

But, we still don't know whether she can make it rain on the sun.
    I mean she effortlessly molded an entire planets climate, making it rain on the sun won't be a big deal. Also solar rain is real it is plasma instead of water.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Well the issue was fine as it is. Sure there are some inconsistencies with power use that is best to be ignored. Overall I found it very workmanlike. Witch isn't to say that as an insult. It's fine work. It just lacks elegance. Something that makes it really awe us.

Perhaps the division of covering the creation in steps blunted some of the beauty of it. It's a perfectly fine way to structure that part of the story but I can't help to find it a bit by the numbers. There where no part where I was just "Gee that's clever".

Overall Duggan got the characters voices right. It flowed well. To bad I don't really care that much for the main players, but that is my problem =)

Now lets see how Mars is used in the future.
    Kind of my reaction to it as well. And the art was beautiful. Overall, I just kind of felt "meh" that this is what the book was for. I am curious to see where it goes after this, though.
    Make Good Art

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    ignore it in a diplomatic sense rather than a psychical one. like not acknowledging it as the capital and instead dealing with earth more directly (more the avengers and ff). he has put off diplomatic meetings over the wanda thing.
    I don't think they'll be able to ignore them for too long honestly. The Xiar already owe the mutants a debt for rescuing their Empress, Brand already manipulated the Snarkwar so that it benefits Sol/Krakoa, and one of Brand's main goal is to stabilize the intergalactic currency. And whatever they brought back from the Mysterium is probably gonna play a big role in that.

Maybe Krakao becomes the BANK of the intergalactic community.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I mean she effortlessly molded an entire planets climate, making it rain on the sun won't be a big deal. Also solar rain is real it is plasma instead of water.
    Seems like conjecture.

Also, "effortlessly"?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    That's pretty much all the events of the Hickman era great single issues but the events be lackluster, SWORD & X-Factor might be good if they setting up **** with Mags trial.
    This isn't nearly as bad as Swords because it's only half the length and they clearly mark which issues are important and which aren't in advance

But yeah this could have been just the core 4 issues

I really loved the scope and art on this issue. Gorgeous!

So what role exactly is Storm going to play in this new planet?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Kind of my reaction to it as well. And the art was beautiful. Overall, I just kind of felt "meh" that this is what the book was for. I am curious to see where it goes after this, though.
    The arraki mutants that have very convenient powers made me laugh

Wonder how long this will last before 616 humanity tries nuking it/sends Sentinels to destroy it all.

An oppressed people once pushed to the brink of extinction unifying is bad enough for some. Add in the rapidly increasing numbers, the establishing of a homeland, and now an expansionist bent that shows up the best Humans can achieve, and then some?

The inadequacies will be entirely too much for the likes of Orchis and Xeno, who will respond like all abusive parents do when their primacy is challenged - with more abuse. And that's not even considering how nations like Russia, Brazil and now the UK will react...

All that said, I think my favorite part of this is that they terraformed a planet named for the God of War, and then populated it with mutants for whom conflict is lifeblood...