Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I don't like that Iceman is an Omega and to a lesser extent Jean. The 05 were not meant to be so strong.
    Lol, why not? Glimpses of their potential have been shown numerous times over the years. Xavier determined they were Omega when they were still early teens...and even of you thumb your nose up at that as a retcon, here is an original panel from the original 60s run of the X-Men that has a villain plainly state Jean's potential

Screenshot_20210617-200057_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

Before Phoenix, before X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I want to see a Sentinel fo this — open up a panel, pull out a brick, and just crack some X-Men’s head like an egg with it. That would be bad AF!
    Hold on, I may have something in my archives
    This is from 2010 when the brick was the x-men arch nemesis

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    So why exactly do some people think Tommy is the one about to get murdered?
    Wait what? Why?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Tommy can't use the gates but his mutant status is dubious, has a connection to both Magneto personally and X Factor, where the murder takes place, his possible (likely?) "Pretender" status would split the mutant community as to whether or not he shou come back...seems to check a lot of the boxes

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Tommy can't use the gates but his mutant status is dubious, has a connection to both Magneto personally and X Factor, where the murder takes place, his possible (likely?) "Pretender" status would split the mutant community as to whether or not he shou come back...seems to check a lot of the boxes
    A mutant isn't a big deal or even a deal. It's soeone that can't be bring dead.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    So why exactly do some people think Tommy is the one about to get murdered?
    Wish Fulfillment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Feige isn't working with Hcikaman or White. he isnt working with comics
    You’re right. Hickman is working for Feige. They’re not working together, not anymore than my bosses are working with me. I work for them. Hickman works for Feige. All of the comics and creative side of Marvel are working for Feige. He is Marvel’s chief creative officer. I doubt Feige has chosen to have too much influence over the HiXman, but I guarantee he has been briefed and he is aware. It is his job to know about this. For all intents and purposes, Feige runs the entire creaétive side of Marvel now. This just happened in 2019. Feige is the boss
    Last edited by Brian B; 06-18-2021 at 05:29 AM.

Yeah Feiges been CCO for a while. He's not as hands on or public about it like Quesada (who still works at Marvel but idk what his official job is now) but he is likely aware of the big picture.

Yeah Feiges been CCO for a while. He's not as hands on or public about it like Quesada (who still works at Marvel but idk what his official job is now) but he is likely aware of the big picture.
    Quesada came from comics but he was far more active on TV/Movie than doing comics. Now he is VP and creative director.
    Fans think that CCO means he is in charge of comics, not true at all. Cebulski and Buckley are in charge. Feige takes care of adapttions on other media.
    Of course he probably knows about some deelopments, but he has bigger $$$ on Star Wars and marvel. he is overseeing dozens of properties

Feige being CCO does mean that Perlmutter influence basically is just the Games division (which shock of shocks involves the Inhumans a lot)

Feige being CCO does mean that Perlmutter influence basically is just the Games division (which shock of shocks involves the Inhumans a lot)
    I'm not sure about this, I think CCo extends to games. But games take a long time to be made so what we see maybe leftover from Ike

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Wish Fulfillment.
    I am totally lost here, why would anyone want to wish him dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I am totally lost here, why would anyone want to wish him dead?
    He is mostly a non factor, he barely show up on comics

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Magma could have been brought along as a safety net in case the omegas screwed up and caused more damage to the planet. She has the power to keep planets from being torn apart and could have ensured that even if they failed they wouldn't have made things worse. Making volcanoes and mountain ranges may not have been necessary, but they could have been a bit more responsible about breaking to the core of a planet and superheating it.
    Exactlyi guess a lot of mutants can come along later and fine tune things. They really didn't need the omegas except to make a statement which they did. A whole bunch of other mutants could have easily done what they did.

I like that the Way of X preview presents the idea that regular mutants are not on board with the Omegas always being up to stuff behind everyones backs