Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

this was great issue did hickman ghost write this?? lol all joking aside if this how duggan writes x-men and not like marauders i may pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yup.But the dialogue is what will be most exiting.
    They made a massive paradigm shift and Nova would probably have to deal with a lot of it.
    The punch would just be a starter.
    I guess that does explain why Nova punched Mags but I still don't get it not like it was a personal slight or anything not **** was happening with Mars to begin with this is a great way to deal with Hickman’s OC's.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    After basically ignoring the effects of having Arrako and its population on earth they send them all to Mars.

I sort of get it, the Arrakii weren't changing to adapt to earth. Individuals at least were still acting as conquerors and the rulers of Arrako didn't care since that's how they've always done things. Rather than let the situation continue to deteriorate until Krakoa is forced to choose sides in a war between the human world and Arrako, they decide to send the Arrakii to Mars where they can have a planet to themselves and truly learn to live in peace since they have no one but themselves to fight with. I just wish there was more of a build-up to the need for this decision. And why did no one on Krakoa explain the emergence of an entire other island to anyone else in the world? It's not something they could have hidden since satellites are a thing, and keeping it so secret that Captain America has to ask Cyclops about in on the sly is a terrible look.

Any human who learns the truth about what Arrako is and who it's populated by is going to be totally freaked out and rightly so. It's one thing for the mutants to suddenly have a planet. It's another to learn that these mutants are far more hostile than the ones you're used to and recently attempted to invade earth to wipe out everyone. And what guarantee is there that planet Arrako will not one day become hostile to earth given they were hostile enough to have to leave it in the first place?
    The Arrakii being sent to Mars also fits HOX/POX and how these mutants were used to hybridize mutants into the ultimate soldiers.

I think Arrakii were sidelined because of Krakoa itself wasn't even stable so what were the Council supposed to do with these Apex Mutants

I am loving the internal logic to the entire X-Line I just hope that Marvel et al do not screw up the story telling because of whatever corporate oversight they need

Astonishing Member

So as many predicted Mars gets terraformed. Which involves yet another impressive looking but ultimately story telling harming display of power to remind the reader that the "mutants are awesome now" and can do everything because inofficial rules of power usage limitation in these super hero works are ignored for the time being.

And they do so to send The Neo Gene Nation 2.0 aka. The Arraki there, so the "alien" mutants can be off planet to be an off world problem when they make trouble on earth and where their interaction with the fictional counterpart to humanity which is still supposed to mirror our real world is more limited and where they can be more easily ignored and/or eventualy wiped out for a cheap shock moment.

Allright ladies, gentleman or what ever you want to be identified as, place your bets on how long until all of the things done in this issue are to be undone again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Poor showing. Guy clearly has a major chip on his shoulder from growing up on Sol's backwater second planet.
    He is from Venus? Shows i should check up on more character's backstories outside the X-men.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-16-2021 at 06:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Wow, it was pretty amazing.

Duggan's voice is quite indistinguishable from Hickman's - color me surprised.

I am really looking forward to his X-Men run, this really seems like a new chapter in X-Men and it feels BIG
    This.
    I thought this was Hickman and has to check again after reading.
    I'm sure Hickman did have insight on this.

Makes me a lot more excited for the New X-men series.

Couldn't help but chuckle at Magneto denouncing Franklin because he no longer has the right genes, as if the boy isn't bound to regain his powers eventually. You want another House of M, Erik? Because this is how you get another House of M.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    After basically ignoring the effects of having Arrako and its population on earth they send them all to Mars.

I sort of get it, the Arrakii weren't changing to adapt to earth. Individuals at least were still acting as conquerors and the rulers of Arrako didn't care since that's how they've always done things. Rather than let the situation continue to deteriorate until Krakoa is forced to choose sides in a war between the human world and Arrako, they decide to send the Arrakii to Mars where they can have a planet to themselves and truly learn to live in peace since they have no one but themselves to fight with. I just wish there was more of a build-up to the need for this decision. And why did no one on Krakoa explain the emergence of an entire other island to anyone else in the world? It's not something they could have hidden since satellites are a thing, and keeping it so secret that Captain America has to ask Cyclops about in on the sly is a terrible look.

Any human who learns the truth about what Arrako is and who it's populated by is going to be totally freaked out and rightly so. It's one thing for the mutants to suddenly have a planet. It's another to learn that these mutants are far more hostile than the ones you're used to and recently attempted to invade earth to wipe out everyone. And what guarantee is there that planet Arrako will not one day become hostile to earth given they were hostile enough to have to leave it in the first place?
    The pacing was terrible.This should have been discussed right after X of swords.Build it up to reveal at the Gala.Show how the Arrako mutants were a problem.Would have been cool to see them make an iternational incident and kill some humans and then Krakoa would have to cover for them.They did a very small version of this in cable with no killing.
    Arrako would never work on Earth.

Am I the only one who got the sense that in the grand scheme this kind of made the Omega's look weak? Especially the reality warpers I get they wanted the unison aspect but I just feel so many reality warpers have all these impressive feats they could have done this themselves.

X-Man creates alternate realities, Franklin was creating worlds (before he was a proven false god). Even other warpers not sided with mutants are known to create planets, realities ect. IDK it just seems like they were toned down is it just me.

I loved how weird the powers of Monarch work with imprecise instructions. It's a reminder that reality warpers are unstable and dangerous. When what you imagine comes true you must be careful what you imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Am I the only one who got the sense that in the grand scheme this kind of made the Omega's look weak? Especially the reality warpers I get they wanted the unison aspect but I just feel so many reality warpers have all these impressive feats they could have done this themselves.

X-Man creates alternate realities, Franklin was creating worlds (before he was a proven false god). Even other warpers not sided with mutants are known to create planets, realities ect. IDK it just seems like they were toned down is it just me.
    Aren't the realities created by reality warpers always famously unstable?

Like, they usually end up destroying themselves with unusual ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Couldn't help but chuckle at Magneto denouncing Franklin because he no longer has the right genes, as if the boy isn't bound to regain his powers eventually. You want another House of M, Erik? Because this is how you get another House of M.
    He was talking **** to the collective I doubt that information will get back to Franklin, besides up until last year he never cared about having an X-Gene anyway taking it away truly wasn't a big deal like it was for the Maximoffs

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    This.
    I thought this was Hickman and has to check again after reading.
    I'm sure Hickman did have insight on this.

Makes me a lot more excited for the New X-men series.
    Thanks bud, also I just read Duggan's newsletter and he said that he collaborated with Hickman a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    LOL, yeah exactly.

It would be funny if Magneto personally is wrecked by Franklin when Krakoa falls

I really liked the comic. But it could have balanced the narrative more with the other characters. Magneto is the center and leader and that bothers me a little. I do not know...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Yeah. and that's pretty cute. I come from a particularly minor UK city that has like one World Heritage Site a few miles away, and by god do we mention that World Heritage Site a lot. Did I mention we have a World Heritage Site yet?
    Ummmmm the TOAA is a much bigger deal than Arrako.It's not even close.He is a ying-yang to TOAA.They are the gods of all gods.
    The Multiverse is again much bigger than just one Solar System.
    The sentry is again much stronger than most of the omegas.
    We have seen alien civilizations far larger and more advanced than Krakoa and Arrako.
    It's cool but you should get off your "This is the biggest thing we have ever seen" because it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    So as many predicted Mars gets terraformed. Which involves yet another impressive looking but ultimately story telling harming display of power to remind the reader that the "mutants are awesome now" and can do everything because inofficial rules of power usage limitation in these super hero works are ignored for the time being.

And they do so to send The Neo Gene Nation 2.0 aka. The Arraki there, so the "alien" mutants can be off planet to be an off world problem when they make trouble on earth and where their interaction with the fictional counterpart to humanity which is still supposed to mirror our real world is more limited and where they can be more easily ignored and/or eventualy wiped out for a cheap shock moment.

Allright ladies, gentleman or what ever you want to be identified as, place your bets on how long until all of the things done in this issue are to be undone again.
    I’m very interested to see how Planet Arrakko is used in the future. If they get ignored tell they need to be blown up then it’ll have all been a waste. However, if they start being active parts of the cosmic story that Ewing is writing or even end up playing a role in the coming conflict with the Phalanx I think it’ll be worth it.

Still, I wish we had seen more of them on Earth. You bring up a great point that a lot of Arrakki’s aren’t “pretty” mutants. The Krakoan’s decision to send them off before things got too volatile (on both ends) makes sense, but I feel like we missed out on some story potential.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So am I forgetting something or did Hickman just forget Ex Nihilo
    Yeah.
    There were refrences to them in the X-men line but they were ignored here.
    Also who are the 2 figures in X-men 21 ending?