Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Planet Size X-Men review *spoilers*

Spoilers below

It was a great issue.
    A lot of high showings.It was something I was expecting as many were but not in the way I was expecting it.
    A lot of beautiful art.
    Very magneto focused.
    I didn't like the way they did the reality warping.Felt cheap.
    Also more solidifying Franklin's status as not mutant.
    Also we don't get to see the reactions from the guests.And no clue who the 2 figures were.
    It makes a lot of sense for Arrako to be send to Mars.
    I wonder how People specially Nova,the skrulls,etc. will react to it being the capital of Sol.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-24-2021 at 06:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I wonder how People specially Nova,the skrulls,etc. will react to it being the capital of Sol.
    The SWORD or GotG preview shows how Nova reacts.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Poor showing. Guy clearly has a major chip on his shoulder from growing up on Sol's backwater second planet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yup.But the dialogue is what will be most exiting.
    They made a massive paradigm shift and Nova would probably have to deal with a lot of it.
    The punch would just be a starter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Poor showing. Guy clearly has a major chip on his shoulder from growing up on Sol's backwater second planet.
    I mean Krakoa is still there.And the likes of Sentry(dead now but he has come back before),Hulk(next evolution stage after mutants and TOBA),Spider-man(easy access to the multiverse and the web of life and destiny) among many many others.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Wow, it was pretty amazing.

Duggan's voice is quite indistinguishable from Hickman's - color me surprised.

I am really looking forward to his X-Men run, this really seems like a new chapter in X-Men and it feels BIG

Extraordinary Member

After basically ignoring the effects of having Arrako and its population on earth they send them all to Mars.

I sort of get it, the Arrakii weren't changing to adapt to earth. Individuals at least were still acting as conquerors and the rulers of Arrako didn't care since that's how they've always done things. Rather than let the situation continue to deteriorate until Krakoa is forced to choose sides in a war between the human world and Arrako, they decide to send the Arrakii to Mars where they can have a planet to themselves and truly learn to live in peace since they have no one but themselves to fight with. I just wish there was more of a build-up to the need for this decision. And why did no one on Krakoa explain the emergence of an entire other island to anyone else in the world? It's not something they could have hidden since satellites are a thing, and keeping it so secret that Captain America has to ask Cyclops about in on the sly is a terrible look.

Any human who learns the truth about what Arrako is and who it's populated by is going to be totally freaked out and rightly so. It's one thing for the mutants to suddenly have a planet. It's another to learn that these mutants are far more hostile than the ones you're used to and recently attempted to invade earth to wipe out everyone. And what guarantee is there that planet Arrako will not one day become hostile to earth given they were hostile enough to have to leave it in the first place?
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 06-16-2021 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I mean Krakoa is still there.And the likes of Sentry(dead now but he has come back before),Hulk(next evolution stage after mutants and TOBA),Spider-man(easy access to the multiverse and the web of life and destiny) among many many others.
    Yeah. and that's pretty cute. I come from a particularly minor UK city that has like one World Heritage Site a few miles away, and by god do we mention that World Heritage Site a lot. Did I mention we have a World Heritage Site yet?

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    After basically ignoring the effects of having Arrako and its population on earth they send them all to Mars.

I sort of get it, the Arrakii weren't changing to adapt to earth. Individuals at least were still acting as conquerors and the rulers of Arrako didn't care since that's how they've always done things. Rather than let the situation continue to deteriorate until Krakoa is forced to choose sides in a war between the human world and Arrako, they decide to send the Arrakii to Mars where they can have a planet to themselves and truly learn to live in peace since they have no one but themselves to fight with. I just wish there was more of a build-up to the need for this decision. And why did no one on Krakoa explain the emergence of an entire other island to anyone else in the world? It's not something they could have hidden since satellites are a thing, and keeping it so secret that Captain America has to ask Cyclops about in on the sly is a terrible look.
    I love that Cap says "I'm not going to ask how it happened", like millions of mutants just snapping in or out of existence is a perfectly normal thing to have happened - Because in 616, it is, and half the time it's the Avengers' fault.

It has been beautiful to see mutants use their powers not to destroy things, but to create life where there was none.

This comic generates that feeling of wonder and greatness well.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So am I forgetting something or did Hickman just forget Ex Nihilo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So am I forgetting something or did Hickman just forget Ex Nihilo
    Didn’t they all die in time runs out?

It’s the Martians he forgot

Ha the false god Franklin is officially pretender status y'all better keep that same energy.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

Any human who learns the truth about what Arrako is and who it's populated by is going to be totally freaked out and rightly so. It's one thing for the mutants to suddenly have a planet. It's another to learn that these mutants are far more hostile than the ones you're used to and recently attempted to invade earth to wipe out everyone. And what guarantee is there that planet Arrako will not one day become hostile to earth given they were hostile enough to have to leave it in the first place?
    First of all, LOVED the issue so this is more of a nitpick, but yes I wish the comics leading up to this had done a bit more showing the Arrako situation rather than telling. I think Duggan’s Cable book was the only one that showed Arraki mutants interacting with humans and making a mess of things. I definitely wish we had seen a bit more of that reality and maybe even shown how some of the anti-mutant hate groups sped up their plans once a bunch of new mutants popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Didn’t they all die in time runs out?

It’s the Martians he forgot
    All the Ex Nihilo died in Time Runs Out, indeed.

They never altered the core of Mars so the ecosystem it created on Mars could not sustain itself (you cannot maintain an atmosphere on a planet without sufficient gravity).

I don't know which Martians you mean, I only know the ones from DC.