Page 40 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    BTW, I’m still hanging in there with the HiXmen. I may not like everything they are doing in these books, but I am reading. I am interested. Some of the titles are a bore, but most of the big books by Hickman and now even Duggan are tossing some mind-boggling concepts out there. I wish all the titles were as interesting as HoX and PoX. It is exciting, even if I don’t care for what seems like ethical and worldview changes from these characters. The X titles have gone from being downgraded in importance, to now being Marvel’s most important comics. I am very glad Marvel got the X rights back with the Fox purchase. I’m happy that they’ve stopped trying to make Inhumans into mutants. In that sense, this is like reading the X-Men of the ‘80s and ‘90s.
    You should check Ewing as well he´s doing some interesting things reconnecting the X-side to the rest of the MU and also the Cosmic side
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She allowed him to scan her. It could be possible that its revealed that she can block off parts of her mind/memories
    Wouldn’t exactly be unexpected. She’s lived 10 lives, some of which in which she allied with Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse. Who’s to say she didn’t pick up some tricks to mask her full mind while making it appear that it’s an open book?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Wouldn’t exactly be unexpected. She’s lived 10 lives, some of which in which she allied with Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse. Who’s to say she didn’t pick up some tricks to mask her full mind while making it appear that it’s an open book?
    Part of her power or whatever is to be undetectable to other mutants, so that could also be a reason she could have easily hidden some information from Charles without him realizing it. I am not sure she has, though, but I am not sure exactly how the scan worked either, so maybe he only read what she opened to him. I do think her trying to erase the mutant gene would be something she would hide if possible, and I guess that would include the meeting with Destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Boohoo, mutants no longer protect our kind (even the ones who launched multiple murder attempts on them) amd are advancing so far ahead of us. Them damn muties!
    No, that’s not what the boohoo is over. Xavier and Magneto with the Quiet Council, Krakoa and Arrako, declared themselves to be rulers of the solar system. Is the world supposed to be happy with a self-declared dictatorship, run by a government whose only political agenda is that they are the superior race? It’s a dictatorship run by a very undemocratic government. If you factor in Arakko, their council’s only ruling philosophy is unrelenting war. The members of these governments and their agencies include a nuclear-wielding terrorist, Magneto; a woman who killed billions on a whim, Jean; and a guy who may have inadvertently caused the genocide and complete destruction (or maybe not, depending on how you read X-Force #10) of an entire country, the Beast. (Even if he ended up not massacring all of Terra Verde, he at least risked it with his recklessness. Beast’s a war criminal, at least.) Then there’s their S.W.O.R.D. agency, actively overthrowing alien governments. And why? Because of what might happen 10,000 years from now? That’s more than insanity. Those are fighting words. That’s a legitimate casus belli right there. That legitimately makes Orchis the good guys, straight up. That’s a long ways from the ideals laid out previously by Xavier of an integrationist philosophy like MLK, Jr.
    Last edited by Brian B; 06-18-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Good point. Maybe a past life Xavier taught her how to hide certain areas of her mind.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

No, that’s not what the boohoo is over. Xavier and Magneto with the Quiet Council, Krakoa and Arrako, declared themselves to be rulers of the solar system. Is the world supposed to be happy with a self-declared dictatorship, run by a government whose only political agenda is that they are the superior race? It’s a dictatorship run by a very undemocratic government. If you factor in Arakko, their council’s only ruling philosophy is unrelenting war. The members of these governments and their agencies include a nuclear-wielding terrorist, Magneto; a woman who killed billions on a whim, Jean; and a guy who may have inadvertently caused the genocide and complete destruction (or maybe not, depending on how you read X-Force #10) of an entire country, the Beast. (Even if he ended up not massacring all of Terra Verde, he at least risked it with his recklessness. Beast’s a war criminal, at least.) Then there’s their S.W.O.R.D. agency, actively overthrowing alien governments. And why? Because of what might happen 10,000 years from now? That’s more than insanity. Those are fighting words. That’s a legitimate casus belli right there. That legitimately makes Orchis the good guys, straight up. That’s a long ways from the ideals laid out previously by Xavier of an integrationist philosophy like MLK, Jr.
    Please, thats DEFINITELY what the issue is, as soon as HOXPOX dropped people were calling them all types of names bevause humans arent allowed on Krakoa.

A dictatorship would have to include FORCING humans to do things they dont want to. MOVING into humam countries and taking over. Yall stay reaching for these repugnant words that DO NOT apply to mutants.

STORM is the regent of sol, woopty doo. Did that take away human laws that govern how they live on Earth?? NO.

Xaviers dream will never work, this is how the huma s have chosen things to be. MUTANTS have pride in who they are and all of a suddem they're hitler 2.0, please.

Please, thats DEFINITELY what the issue is, as soon as HOXPOX dropped people were calling them all types of names bevause humans arent allowed on Krakoa.

A dictatorship would have to include FORCING humans to do things they dont want to. MOVING into humam countries and taking over. Yall stay reaching for these repugnant words that DO NOT apply to mutants.

STORM is the regent of sol, woopty doo. Did that take away human laws that govern how they live on Earth?? NO.

Xaviers dream will never work, this is how the huma s have chosen things to be. MUTANTS have pride in who they are and all of a suddem they're hitler 2.0, please.
    Moving to an isolated island or Mars and staying away from humans is fine. Declaring that mutants are the rulers of the entire solar system, which includes Earth and humanity, due to mutants’ “superiority?” Those are fighting words. That’s like the talk that came out of Adolph Hitler’s mouth. That’s a legit reason to drop several hundred megatons on Krakoa and unleash Sol’s Hammer on Arrako.

Moving to an isolated island or Mars and staying away from humans is fine. Declaring that mutants are the rulers of the entire solar system, which includes Earth and humanity, due to mutants’ “superiority?” Those are fighting words. That’s like the talk that came out of Adolph Hitler’s mouth. That’s a legit reason to drop several hundred megatons on Krakoa and unleash Sol’s Hammer on Arrako.
    Yes , yes lets bomb a Nation and shoot another because our egos were hurt.

Most backwards logic I've ever heard.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I wonder about this, too. Although Moira allowed Chuck to scan her. Maybe she doesn’t have secrets from Charles.
    She allowed him to read her mind once, decades ago. No way he has all the information.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Yes , yes lets bomb a Nation and shoot another because our egos were hurt.

Most backwards logic I've ever heard.
    This is why Krakoa exists now, their egos are in shock because a race of people they have tried to get rid of for decades are excelling and doing what humans could never do.

MUTANT EXCELLENCE is not the same as MUTANT supremacy. And mutant excellence is what this era is all about. The tragic ending people are looking for aint coming.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Hickmans literally said things are going to collapse. Mutants being god kings isn't going to last forever, if only for storytelling reasons that making everybody unkillable reduces the stakes.

Them are not no damn fighting words, its only fighting words to humans because they are bothered by a race they deemed circus freaks advancing far beyond them.

Eternals inhabit one of jupiters moons or whatever and i dont see them acting a fool. If humans try Krakoa in combat i hope they get exactly what they deserve, a BEAT DOWN.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 06-18-2021 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Hickmans literally said things are going to collapse. Mutants being god kings isn't going to last forever, if only for storytelling reasons that making everybody unkillable reduces the stakes.
    Hickman never said krakoa or the mutant empire would collapse, magneto and xaviers ways will certainly collapse. Not reviving certain mutants is going to be the main point of inferno. Krakoa not going nowhere though.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

This is why Krakoa exists now, their egos are in shock because a race of people they have tried to get rid of for decades are excelling and doing what humans could never do.

MUTANT EXCELLENCE is not the same as MUTANT supremacy. And mutant excellence is what this era is all about. The tragic ending people are looking for aint coming.
    Idk if that's accurate. Declaring yourself sovereign ruler of an inhabited place is imperialism, not excellence. They literally said they were empire building.

It wouldn't be the x-verse if SOMETHING didn't burn down or someone didnt get punched im the face, tbh. Thats just mutant shenanigans we all love.