Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Perhaps this is not the most fitting thread to bring it up, but thinking about the whole classification going on with the mutants with the whole "omega" thing and since Xavier's plan to make mutants the primary form of humanity via soft power moves has been discussed here.

I was wondering, if they would ever achieve their goal and say 99% of humanity become empowered by the X-gene (because normal humans are still a possibility from mutant/mutant pairings), at which point the whole "mutant" definition can't be used anymore and which they obviously never will as mentioned before because of status quo, what will happen to unpowered humans born from powered ones or people with powers so weak or meaningless that they are pretty much like the unpowered humans?

Will this society insist on these unpowered or weak powered humans becomming "fixed" by artifical means or send off to remote location for their own and everyones safety?

Because both of these mentalities sound highly ironic to me, given how the mutant persecution is presented at the moment and the whole looming danger of the "post humans".

Though judging by interviews and issues so far, Spurrier seems to want to adress this looming problem in Way of X (mostly the idea that this society which claims to be entirely equal is highly class and prestige based) to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Let Attuma and his idiot followers move up there to form their own breakaway Atlantean republic, only to get eated by Sobunar's voracious 'children.'
    who is Sobunar? Why so many "kids"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who is Sobunar? Why so many "kids"?
    Enjoy all that is Sobunar.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation-Thread
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I had a thought, I think the Planed Size issue had better be called the eXodus issue. Would you agree?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I had a thought, I think the Planed Size issue had better be called the eXodus issue. Would you agree?
    Yep , 'Rapture' issue rings right too

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Some of the Arakki mutants are more ridiculous than the Earth mutants. Sobunar is really not among the most ridiculous, though.

Isca the Unbeaten takes the gold for stupidest mutant power. How does being a defector, a quitter, and a traitor qualify as being a superpowered mutant? In my head canon, Isca is actually a human born among those monsters and demons, who figured out a way to con her way to survival. Lactuca the Knower is at least a bronze medal contender for dumbest power.

Subunar is a notch or two above those folks.
    Last edited by Brian B; 06-21-2021 at 04:49 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

10 bucks says when Nimrod inevitably attacks Mars Isca joins them

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Some of the Arakki mutants are more ridiculous than the Earth mutants. Sobunar is really not among the most ridiculous, though.

Isca the Unbeaten takes the gold for stupidest mutant power. How does being a defector, a quitter, and a traitor qualify as being a superpowered mutant? In my head canon, Isca is actually a human born among those monsters and demons, who figured out a way to con her way to survival. Lactuca the Knower is at least a bronze medal contender for dumbest power.

One would have to completely ignore that existing characters actually know Isca for that one to even get a running start...

Setting aside that what is on the page is actually what is happening, to each his(or her...) own I guess?
    Last edited by numberthirty; 06-21-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One would have to completely ignore that existing characters actually know Isca for that one to even get a running start...

Setting aside that what is on the page is actually what is happening, to each his(or her...) own I guess?
    Most of the existing Earth characters weren’t around when Isca was growing up. Reading the Arakki mutants, they’re clearly not the brightest bulbs.

I’m not claiming it’s Marvel canon, but “I quit and join the other side” really isn’t a superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    10 bucks says when Nimrod inevitably attacks Mars Isca joins them
    Well, she would have to, right?

Some other sobriquet’s Isca might go by are “Isca the Bandwagoneer” and “Isca of the Wet Finger In The Air.”

Most of the existing Earth characters weren’t around when Isca was growing up. Reading the Arakki mutants, they’re clearly not the brightest bulbs.

I’m not claiming it’s Marvel canon, but “I quit and join the other side” really isn’t a superpower.
    You are kidding, right?

The only character we need to establish it is alive and kicking.

We have a second one who can do so, to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You are kidding, right?

The only character we need to establish it is alive and kicking.

We have a second one who can do so, to boot.
    The question is not am I kidding. The question is were Hickman and Marvel kidding when they created such a dumb character.

However, as I said, I very well recognize my opinions on Isca are not Marvel Universe canon.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As reported in today's AiPT XMM:

Jordan: They are, they are, all three of them. So all of them are, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t more omega-level mutants on Arakko, because there’s going to be a lot of great content coming up. We’ve been talking a lot about it and how it works and the history thereof.

I hope this means we get more on Planet Arakki and its inhabitants.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As reported in today's AiPT XMM:

Jordan: They are, they are, all three of them. So all of them are, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t more omega-level mutants on Arakko, because there’s going to be a lot of great content coming up. We’ve been talking a lot about it and how it works and the history thereof.

I hope this means we get more on Planet Arakki and its inhabitants.
    Sounds great to me cause they're an interesting bunch.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

idk why don't you explain Domino's powers