Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
The only people I can think of who have canonically said mutants aren't the next evolutionary step for mankind are avowed bigots. The guy you cite is a post-human from a culture that finally succeeded in subverting nature's plans for mankind, rewrote evolution and did it all by artificially sacrificing the last vestiges of their souls in the process. Rasputin even said, 'Humanity lost their souls long ago', which was seen by some as evidence of 'reverse racism', but was proven true by the time of Life 6.

And in the end, all humanity subverting evolution did for themselves was...cause the death of literally all of humanity. 616 Humanity's uncontrollable, inescapeable hubris and racism led to its downfall and extinction at the hands of the Phalanx, which Humanity had come to believe would be their transcendence. Instead, as a race, they were pruned from existence, their uniquenesses catalogued, and - had that reality continued - Humanity would be a universal footnote in a galactic computer, and have no further impact.

Hooray for them, I guess...?

Anyway, I wouldn't say that Life 6 Zookeeper/Librarian guy was a reliable source for ANYTHING when it comes to human/mutant relations or evolutionary science other than the anti-mutant, pro-machine/human hybridization narrative he and post-humanity/Homo Novissima embraced and made into a child-mutilating death cult/religion...
Yes. THIS.

It's almost like people have forgotten what's at the end of that Homo Novissima rabbit hole and why life 10 is even in existence to begin with. Hickman showed us exactly what happens to humanity(or the lackthereof) without Mutants.