Default X-Men Monday #113 - Hellfire Gala Week 4

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/28/x-...e-gala-week-4/

AIPT: X-Fan25 asked if there was a specific reason why Storm, a Krakoan, was named Regent when Planet Arakko mostly features Arakki citizens. X-Fan25 said it seems a bit unfair to the Arakki.

Jordan: That’s a great question. As for why, I mean, the reason for why her is because she’s her. It’s kind of self-evident why her in some ways, like why her out of all the people we know. But why her, when most of the planet is Arakki is a really good question. That will be something that continues to be addressed.

AIPT: And then X-Fans Miguel2004, Griffin and AdamTheUncaring are all concerned that Jonathan Hickman’s time with the X-Men is ending after Inferno. Should these X-Fans keep worrying or should they relax?

Jordan: They should relax, but you know, you’ll see.
    The answer is you’ll see where we are and big things are going to happen in Inferno in more ways than one. And you’ll get more information about Inferno pretty soon — relatively soon — before it comes out for sure. But don’t worry. We do have a lot of stuff mapped out. We do have a lot of plans that Jonathan has been working on with everybody and yeah, you’ll see. And you’ll find out more very soon.

I'm stoked!

Last edited by JB; 06-28-2021 at 08:45 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Default X-MEN MONDAY JORDAN D. WHITE TALKS SWORD, Hellfire Gala and Way of X

AIPT: Welcome back to X-Men Monday, Jordan! After much teasing, Storm has been revealed as the Regent of Planet Arakko and the voice of Sol. It was an awesome reveal that has many X-Fans eXcited. What can you tell us about how this plan came together?

Jordan: Well, it was ages ago, and as a result of it being ages ago, it’s difficult to remember exactly how it happened. So last week, we talked about Gerry Duggan pitching Planet-Size X-Men, right? That was in place for a long time. I can’t remember whose idea it was that after they do that, they go, “By the way, this is the capital of the solar system” — that wasn’t in the original pitch. That was something that we generated as a room that we came up with together. And as soon as that idea was on the table, the idea of who’s going to be — well, at the time we kept saying “the president of the solar system” — so who’s going to be the president of the solar system became the big topic.

But almost immediately, we went, “Well, it’s Storm, obviously.”

And as soon as we said that, it was like, “Oh my God, that is so right, that is exactly what needs to happen.” And then the rest of the stories that stem out of it started flowing immediately from there. So when I teased that, it was pretty soon after it happened. It was probably within a week or so of us having the discussion where we came up with that. As soon as that idea came out there, the entire room was energized.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/28/x-...e-gala-week-4/
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Sorry, double threat. I ask the moderators to take this one away.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Sorry, double threat. I ask the moderators to take this one away.
    Great minds!

Yes, I just made this one when I saw your thread

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I really like White's answers on X-Men Mondays. Might not always be what the fans want or expect but he sounds really genuine and straightforward.

TBC on the Hickman thing: obviously I would have liked a straight-up confirmation that he's not leaving after Inferno but I think this is as close as we're getting for another few months at least. Just to be clear, I hope he sticks around and writes one ongoing book at the very least, and not just stay in a "Head of X" capacity.

Well looks like the whole Wanda going through the gate thing has been settled. Honestly just sounds like covering up for a art/editorial mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Well looks like the whole Wanda going through the gate thing has been settled. Honestly just sounds like covering up for a art/editorial mistake.
    Really? I read the answer more like "There's a story we're going to tell so I'm not gonna spoil it here".

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Really? I read the answer more like "There's a story we're going to tell so I'm not gonna spoil it here".
    That's what I got too.

AIPT: Looks like Wanda went through a gate. She a mutant?

Jordan:

Astonishing Member

So. Wanda is a mutant made from ressurecting magneto's first kid in a clone body. And pietro... who cares hes gone. Magneto has just Polaris and Wanda as his kids now. Thats a upgrade

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    that’s how I took it, too. I look forward to Wanda becoming a mutant again.

I’m interested in the story of Storm being the Regent and how the citizens of Arakko will view her. I feel this will be along the lines of the Morlock and The Hill where the battle will be ongoing for her to keep that title. Storm is the perfect character for that. We can finally see Storm be a bad ass leader again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So. Wanda is a mutant made from ressurecting magneto's first kid in a clone body. And pietro... who cares hes gone. Magneto has just Polaris and Wanda as his kids now. Thats a upgrade
    The question popped into my head when Magneto surprisingly brought up Anya in the latest SWORD issue, after no mention had been made of her in decades. Foreshadowing, or was Ewing just making the point that Erik really considers Wanda his daughter? I'm looking forward to finding out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Not going to lie. That outfit leads me to assume Trevor has an eye in the inappropriate/most appropriate place.