Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

interesting enough issue but wasn't blown away like i was hoping.
    i guess the plans for storm is diplomat for the sol system and she lives on mars now, which is fine.
    the franklin part was interesting more so for magneto. "no more pretenders" and "not family" hits more at home for him.
    not showing mister m was odd. they know he's in otherworld and his refusal scene was off panel. just would have been cool to see him.
    the arakii causing trouble on earth makes sense but we only ever saw or heard about it in cable and it was very small scale there. here it seems like it was a huge deal and it was really important to deal with right now.
    the terraforming mars thing was cool and a great art showcase as well as seeing some cool omega level powers, but it was very predictable.
    i see why steve said solved one problem while creating a bigger one to scott. naming mars arakko and the capital of the solar system would probably upset people. also are humans allowed free passage to the diplomatic ring?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Am I the only one who got the sense that in the grand scheme this kind of made the Omega's look weak? Especially the reality warpers I get they wanted the unison aspect but I just feel so many reality warpers have all these impressive feats they could have done this themselves.

X-Man creates alternate realities, Franklin was creating worlds (before he was a proven false god). Even other warpers not sided with mutants are known to create planets, realities ect. IDK it just seems like they were toned down is it just me.
    It was not that long ago we saw Nate just warping whatever he wanted to on Earth, so this definitely feels a bit pretentious. That is probably the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I loved how weird the powers of Monarch work with imprecise instructions. It's a reminder that reality warpers are unstable and dangerous. When what you imagine comes true you must be careful what you imagine.

Aren't the realities created by reality warpers always famously unstable?

Like, they usually end up destroying themselves with unusual ease.
    Only if that is the only out the writer decides on.

Oh impressive little feat for Bobby did anyone else catch how he was the only 1 who didn't need the helmet to breath on Mars before all the terraforming? That man might really be immortal good on him.

Mighty Member

Wow, a whole lot of fucking nothing

You know, if at least half of the forty weekly alien invasions that Earth suffers start heading to Mars, if I were human I would be happy that Mars was the capital of the Solar System.

Like, maybe the next time the Cotati or Knull or whatever don't **** New York. That's a win.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Thanks bud, also I just read Duggan's newsletter and he said that he collaborated with Hickman a lot.

LOL, yeah exactly.

It would be funny if Magneto personally is wrecked by Franklin when Krakoa falls
    That's good to know.So many books feel so far away from Hickman's most basic values.I am glad they colaborate.

I feel they did that to Franklin because Krakoa was already a mess of op beings.
    Franklin and Krakoa stuff happened in FF/X-men and FF.Both had nothing to do with Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I really liked the comic. But it could have balanced the narrative more with the other characters. Magneto is the center and leader and that bothers me a little. I do not know...
    I know I’m biased but throughout I was kind of wondering why it wasn’t Storm. She’s the one who seems to be staying there and serving as a diplomat, so why not have her be the one to come up with it? Her connection with life and nature makes her an easy fit to want to bring a planet back to life, plus she is theatrical enough to carry a full issue of narration.

Extraordinary Member

Am I the only one who got the sense that in the grand scheme this kind of made the Omega's look weak? Especially the reality warpers I get they wanted the unison aspect but I just feel so many reality warpers have all these impressive feats they could have done this themselves.

X-Man creates alternate realities, Franklin was creating worlds (before he was a proven false god). Even other warpers not sided with mutants are known to create planets, realities ect. IDK it just seems like they were toned down is it just me.
    I've been saying for a while that this new definition of omega-level actually places limits on what the omegas can do. It used to mean limitless.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

WOW!!!
    While expected this...this was so much more than what I expected. 10/10 and a solar system of stars!!!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    That's good to know.So many books feel so far away from Hickman's most basic values.I am glad they colaborate.

I feel they did that to Franklin because Krakoa was already a mess of op beings.
    Franklin and Krakoa stuff happened in FF/X-men and FF.Both had nothing to do with Hickman
    This is my fear that other writers wreck his master plan like when his Avengers run kept getting derailed when all of the core heroes kept being depowered or replaced.

Oh impressive little feat for Bobby did anyone else catch how he was the only 1 who didn't need the helmet to breath on Mars before all the terraforming? That man might really be immortal good on him.
    I mean, he hasn't covered himself in ice for a long time, he turns into ice. He doesn't even have internal organs when he transforms.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    You know, if at least half of the forty weekly alien invasions that Earth suffers start heading to Mars, if I were human I would be happy that Mars was the capital of the Solar System.

Like, maybe the next time the Cotati or Knull or whatever don't **** New York. That's a win.
    Yeah.They must have built New York back 1000+ times already.At this point we have that cities destruction more than people pirate comics.
    And the city is full of secret basses of heroes and villains.
    I can't imagine why anyone would want to live there.

Mighty Member

Like I know this is supposed to be all grand and majestic and all that.

But i can't help but cynically feel like they went "BEGONE EVENT CHARACTERS, TO THE SPACE IRRELEVANCY GHETTO YOU GO!"

Arrako has barely done a god damn thing since it came and now they're chucking them to Mars and doing what Hickman did back in Avengers

And I'm supposed to be all "Wow" over this ****?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah.They must have built New York back 1000+ times already.At this point we have that cities destruction more than people pirate comics.
    And the city is full of secret basses of heroes and villains.
    I can't imagine why anyone would want to live there.
    It must be very cheap I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I've been saying for a while that this new definition of omega-level actually places limits on what the omegas can do. It used to mean limitless.
    Ultimately I think it is a good thing limits were placed on the omega mutants. This issue would have been boring if one or two mutants could have done it all by themselves. I prefer to see mutants working together with their individual talents to achieve great things together.

The omega definition definitely placed limits on some like Exodus and Jean by making only one of their powers at the omega level. I think clearing up the murky definition and placing reasonable limits on the characters was the goal with re-defining the omega level definition.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 06-16-2021 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Not a typo!