Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah, my favorite thing about minority allegories is...turning those allegories into supremacists. Hooray.

It's like those people who unironically think Killmonger was right in the Black Panther movie, because he wanted genocide and imperialism, but this time in the other direction, so it's fine.

The master race thing doesn't hold water in a universe in which X-Men are not the only beings with superpowers.
    honestly kill monger as a character was sympathetic but what he was doing made no sense and is completely different from what the x-men are doing. Killmonger decided because he was rejected he would team up with his oppressors to steal a throne rather than try to contact wakanda and make things better for others back home.

mutants did not team up with their would be oppressors and instead decided to carve out a section of earth for themselves to find peace and then offered help to those who oppressed them rather than set out to actively destroy and take from them.

But both being rejected are similar. Except Wakanda tried to embrace killmonger and they also stood back and let him challenge tchalla where as humans have not even afforded that to mutants. The respect of their own laws.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Not sure how much credit Krakoa gets for "saving" Earth from the mutants that they brought to Earth in the first place
    Oh give me a damn break, they saved mutants from more time of suffering and death. Just say you want mutants to prioritize human lives or mutant lives and move on.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Oh give me a damn break, they saved mutants from more time of suffering and death. Just say you want mutants to prioritize human lives or mutant lives and move on.
    I'm saying they don't get credit for saving humans from problems they directly cause

Fantastic Member

I'm saying they don't get credit for saving humans from problems they directly cause
    They don't get credit for saving humans from problems that humans cause either, and I oop.

Also could you give any examples of the X-Men acting like supremacists please.

They saved a people from annihilation, one arakkii actung a fool in a pub isn't exactly that big of a problem and another big reason they went planet sized was to expand space for human pharmaceutical purposes but you all conveniently keep leaving that out.

All I'm saying is Ill enjoy the Krakoa era a lot more when, hopefully inevitably, the X-Men ditch the idea that they're the ubermensch chosen racially pure lords over Earth.

Because while the characters all hate Fenris (despite inviting them to public social events and positions of power) Krakoa is starting to become a lot more like them than they'd care to admit.

Or at least it'll be toned down when the MCU does their version of the X-Men who hopefully won't be like that
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-18-2021 at 11:24 AM.

It seems that whatever mutantkind does, they will be hated for.

True colors are showing indeed.
    Humans be like “yeah, so we couldn’t terraform and colonise Mars now, but we were kind of hoping to send our billionaires there once we’ve finished making Earth uninhabitable.”

Not sure how much credit Krakoa gets for "saving" Earth from the mutants that they brought to Earth in the first place
    Well there was a demon horde being held back from invading Earth by the Arraki. Krakoans took them out of the pits of hell and then found a permanent solution for them in record time.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

They saved a people from annihilation, one arakkii actung a fool in a pub isn't exactly that big of a problem and another big reason they went planet sized was to expand space for human pharmaceutical purposes but you all conveniently keep leaving that out.
    I'm not sure why people don't think those drugs will play a big part in the endgame when it feels very clear they will. There's almost definitely more to it than just being real good drugs.

I'm not sure why people don't think those drugs will play a big part in the endgame when it feels very clear they will. There's almost definitely more to it than just being real good drugs.
    So far evil humans have stolen them, destroyed them, and took them away from their own people. Definitely will be a big part of things going forward.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    It confirms my point. Report doesn't mean Feige is his boss, but as creative chief he has to know what is going on on comics and about future plans.
    Buckley still repots to Perlmutter. So yes Feige isn't in charge of comics. He just oversee
    Perlmutter is not running Marvel anymore. That’s the story. His FEC filings show he has retired. Feige is the boss now.

Yes, reporting to someone in a large corporation like Marvel means exactly that. As does “oversees .” Buckley reports to Feige. That means Feige is Buckley’s boss.

You even use the same word in describing Perlmutter and Buckley.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I mean, they are superior. You think they shouldn't act that way in order to not upset the feelings of the race who's been trying to wipe them out (and will always succeed in doing so) since the dawn of their kind?
    They aren’t physically superior. Genosha and the Wild Sentinels sure showed us that.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The mutants will lose it all before Hickman leaves, but really, are superhero comics ever really more than power fantasies in the end? Be it money, genius, high technology, martial arts skills, mutant powers, magic, or anything in between; it's all a power fantasy.
    You make a good point there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    So far evil humans have stolen them, destroyed them, and took them away from their own people. Definitely will be a big part of things going forward.
    I think it's important that Xavier and Magnetos response to the idea that humans could jump past mutants on the evolutionary chain was to give them drugs they have to take regularly.

Theres obviously not, theres no indication that the drugs will have ill effect down the line.

People keep trying to put negative spins on different aspects of this era to justify their dislike for whats happening. The flowers are to krakoa whar vibranium is to wakanda.