Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Hickman never said krakoa or the mutant empire would collapse, magneto and xaviers ways will certainly collapse. Not reviving certain mutants is going to be the main point of inferno. Krakoa not going nowhere though.
    "Magneto and Xavier's ways" are the mutant empire. Their hubris will blowbup in their face and take the Quiet Council and impact the rest of mutantkind with it.

Marvel is the world outside your window, so there's never going to be a time when mutants actually become the majority/dominant species of Earth. Same as why theres no flying cars, why everyone isn't a cyborg, etc. X men doesn't sell enough to make it the center of the way Marvel does business. If it were in its own world where they were the only superhumans/the only Marvel franchise maybe, but so long as the X-Men have to live in the same universe as everybody else that status quo isn't changing.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-18-2021 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Hickmans literally said things are going to collapse. Mutants being god kings isn't going to last forever, if only for storytelling reasons that making everybody unkillable reduces the stakes.
    Technically he said, "I'm intentionally introducing individual elements that are going to get collapsed later."

There will absolutely be drama and some things will change but I don't see Krakoa itself going anywhere.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Technically he said, "I'm intentionally introducing individual elements that are going to get collapsed later."

There will absolutely be drama and some things will change but I don't see Krakoa itself going anywhere.
    Exactly.

Hickman stated that the government ways of krakoa could change and things may change. Hell there may be a krakoa/arrako civil war down the line years from now. But the point of the reboot was to bring the mutants to a new level, a level that is selling. The xbooks have been the most interesting theyve ever been. Marvel isnt throwing that away plus theres too many story ideas, years of stories just waiting to be written under this new era.

Literally nobody wants rehashed extinction stories anymore.

Their status quo already changed, they're a powerful nation/empire in making.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 06-18-2021 at 03:27 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

It wouldn't be the x-verse if SOMETHING didn't burn down or someone didnt get punched im the face, tbh. Thats just mutant shenanigans we all love.
    Agreed completely
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

"Magneto and Xavier's ways" are the mutant empire. Their hubris will blowbup in their face and take the Quiet Council and impact the rest of mutantkind with it.

Marvel is the world outside your window, so there's never going to be a time when mutants actually become the majority/dominant species of Earth. Same as why theres no flying cars, why everyone isn't a cyborg, etc. X men doesn't sell enough to make it the center of the way Marvel does business. If it were in its own world where they were the only superhumans/the only Marvel franchise maybe, but so long as the X-Men have to live in the same universe as everybody else that status quo isn't changing.
    The X-men titles are not getting in the way for the Avengers, FF4, Spider-Man to have their stories all of them are doing their own thing, Doom had his own planet back in the 90īs and in secret wars he got to run the multiverse before becoming Iron-Man, the Avengers were considered almost a country by themselves before Avengers Dissasembled, the Inhumans had hidden cities around the galaxy, same with Wakanda so the X-men getting to Mars is not too much, I canīt help but feel like thereīs a double standard here.
    '
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-18-2021 at 03:23 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Yes , yes lets bomb a Nation and shoot another because our egos were hurt.

Most backwards logic I've ever heard.
    Declaring yourself rulers of the world and putting into place military might in the form of orbiting military stations and teleporters big enough to move armies through instantaneously is not “ego.” It’s quite literally a cause for war.

Them are not no damn fighting words, its only fighting words to humans because they are bothered by a race they deemed circus freaks advancing far beyond them.

Eternals inhabit one of jupiters moons or whatever and i dont see them acting a fool. If humans try Krakoa in combat i hope they get exactly what they deserve, a BEAT DOWN.
    Nimrod will save us.

Them are not no damn fighting words, its only fighting words to humans because they are bothered by a race they deemed circus freaks advancing far beyond them.

Eternals inhabit one of jupiters moons or whatever and i dont see them acting a fool. If humans try Krakoa in combat i hope they get exactly what they deserve, a BEAT DOWN.
    Eternals have never declared themselves rulers of the solar system or even the world, and then backed it up with military might. The actions of Krakoa and Arrako are literally causes for war.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Nimrod will save us.
    Eternals have never declared themselves rulers of the solar system or even the world, and then backed it up with military might. The actions of Krakoa and Arrako are literally causes for war.
    Lol Eternals have zero problem with Krakoa or Arrako.
    Humans only have a problem because this race of ppl they have seen as inferior for so long has overshadowed them in terms of advancement.

If humans/orchis want war then thats fine. More is coming im sure no one is ready for.

Humans only have a problem because this race of ppl they have seen as inferior for so long has overshadowed them in terms of advancement.

If humans/orchis want war then thats fine. More is coming im sure no one is ready for.
    Mutants and humans are the same race.

Remember when the entire universe was saved and rebuild? it was done by humans

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    The X-men titles are not getting in the way for the Avengers, FF4, Spider-Man to have their stories all of them are doing their own thing, Doom had his own planet back in the 90īs and in secret wars he got to run the multiverse before becoming Iron-Man, the Avengers were considered almost a country by themselves before Avengers Dissasembled, the Inhumans had hidden cities around the galaxy, same with Wakanda so the X-men getting to Mars is not too much, I canīt help but feel like thereīs a double standard here.
    '
    How is it a double standard? You just pointed out several stories with big shifts that eventually reverted to the status quo. If anything you've made my point for me. I dont think it'll be quite as severe as them going back to the mansion but the current status of mutants reigning supreme isn't going to last forever, or even probably to the end of Hickmans run

Declaring yourself rulers of the world and putting into place military might in the form of orbiting military stations and teleporters big enough to move armies through instantaneously is not “ego.” It’s quite literally a cause for war.
    They never said they were rulers of the world, that's how you're taking it. In fact Emma exact words were, "Let tonight be about building a bridge into a future together rather than about our previous differences and rows." They said Arakko is the capitol of the solar system.

Mutants no longer want a seat at the table, they made their own.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

How is it a double standard? You just pointed out several stories with big shifts that eventually reverted to the status quo. If anything you've made my point for me
    When people call the X-men supremacist for something that has been done in the past by other characters I call it a double standard.

Agreed

I liked the caothic energy of this issue, the X-men were like well we need to stop Arrako mutants from attacking other countries, we are running off places to develop our medicine, the goverments of the world are going Defcon mode because of millions of mutants being back and they donīt even know how much those mutants enjoy war so gives us a few days and come back to us and then, there, Mars is habitable again, who wants to party on it?. I just loved this, for the first time ever it looked like there was a reason in universe for powerful characters like the Omega to exist a do things besides punching other characters and it looked great and itīs so ironic given they always have been powerful but itīs peace and life and not violence and death the thing that shocks their adversaries. I just loved this issue.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-18-2021 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    When people call the X-men supremacist for something that has been done in the past by other characters I call it a double standard.
    Which of those instances did they announce themselves as gods and sovereign rulers of Earth, destined for greatness because of their race, like Krakoas government has?

They rule over Mars while on earth they are part of the United Nations and they are just dealing with everyday events for their people while leaving the rest of the world alone so imo, itīs a double standard.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-18-2021 at 03:59 PM.