Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If it's any consolation....Angel, Beast and Cyclops are not Omega and will never be.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    I don't like that Iceman is an Omega and to a lesser extent Jean. The 05 were not meant to be so strong.
    says who? 10char

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If it's any consolation....Angel, Beast and Cyclops are not Omega and will never be.
    Such an odd complaint though lol the concept of omega and alpha mutants didn't even exist that far back

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This was a display of the omega mutants. Having them there would have defeated the purpose of it. I dont see what use either one of them would have been anyway, especially Creep, who'd have been more of a hinderance than anything
    Her and Clara and even creepy Black Tom could have been used to grow vegetation. Plants provide oxygen needed for survival.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Wasnt Nature Girl supposed to be Omega? Before and during Age of X-Man it was mentioned by someone I think.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Her and Clara and even creepy Black Tom could have been used to grow vegetation. Plants provide oxygen needed for survival.
    The omegas were essentially creating a livable planet and none of the characters mentioned have the power, scale or range to do what was done in this issue. Clara? It would have been like having an inexperienced new employee on a complex task being run by 10 year vets. Maybe they might have been able to assist but the limitations in their abilities would just slow everyone else down. Ultimately they werent needed as the omegas were able to do what they did in less than an hour. Maybe Black Tom can go there and help create vegetation as I doubt the entire planet has that, but for the PSX display, he was unnecesary

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Wasnt Nature Girl supposed to be Omega? Before and during Age of X-Man it was mentioned by someone I think.
    Who may or may not have been an omega prior to HOX doesnt matter in this era. Hickman's list in that first issue is the one that the books have currently been going by

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    X-Factor isnt an officially recognized entity by the world. They can pretty much do as they want as they represent Krakoa and arent limited to just Earth. The concept of X-Factor is likely about to expand bc as it stands they are meant to verify mutant deaths and investigate causes, which I dont think will be their role in the trial
    I mean would they need to do an investigation then? If he killed a bunch of Orchis people in public it's not really a mystery

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean would they need to do an investigation then? If he killed a bunch of Orchis people in public it's not really a mystery
    I mean yes if its not as straight forward as that and his guilt bears reasonable doubt. In real life, just bc someone is caught doing a crime, doesnt exempt an investigation from taking place

Extraordinary Member

Magma could have been brought along as a safety net in case the omegas screwed up and caused more damage to the planet. She has the power to keep planets from being torn apart and could have ensured that even if they failed they wouldn't have made things worse. Making volcanoes and mountain ranges may not have been necessary, but they could have been a bit more responsible about breaking to the core of a planet and superheating it.

Magma could have been brought along as a safety net in case the omegas screwed up and caused more damage to the planet. She has the power to keep planets from being torn apart and could have ensured that even if they failed they wouldn't have made things worse. Making volcanoes and mountain ranges may not have been necessary, but they could have been a bit more responsible about breaking to the core of a planet and superheating it.
    Hope, Jean, Exodus, Proteus and Jamie all that that covered

Extraordinary Member

The obvious problem here that will lead to some catastrophe on Planet Arakko is that Magneto got the instructions from Forge, a lowly non-Omega.

I don't like that Iceman is an Omega and to a lesser extent Jean. The 05 were not meant to be so strong.
    It has been so long since I've read the X-men Forever mini but I think Jean reads Xavier's file about this and he explains that Iceman and Jean are different from Angel, Beast, and Cyclops. Jean and Iceman's powers have room to grow and they could do a lot more... they had the potential that the others didn't have. The others powers are sort of one note but there are many different applications for Jean's and Iceman's powers.

Of course the omega level definition has changed with Hickman but the results are the same. Angel, Cyclops, and Beast are fantastic characters (yes I still like Beast but hate what he has become) and they have great powers and it doesn't take anything away from them that they aren't omega.

As for Jean since the phoenix has been removed from her again I like that she has the omega distinction. It kind of makes up for the phoenix loss.

Extraordinary Member

So will Namor change his mind?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yes, he is certainly on the other side now. Not only will Krakoa not bow to him as it takes its place at the top, Krakoa has now bowed to some upstart planet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    No. They asked him to choose mutantdom over Atlantis.

Namor may continuously lead the Atlanteans to ruin, but he will never forsake them