Page 55 of 70 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean isn't that basically the plan though? To take financial control of the planet and disenfranchise the bigots to make sure organizations like Orchis and the government's of the world have to power to persecute mutants.
    This appears to be different than what I'm reading regarding "ruling" the solar system theories. Out-maneuvering humans financially isn't a "war crime" in my most humble of opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Seeing as how they're either not reading the same X-books as you and I or have completely misconstrued what they've read...I don't believe they have any plausible explanation to give. So...the time would be better spent at the GL knocking back a few K-brews.
    Lovely idea and I hear there may be a Red Lagoon soon on Mars!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not only that but why would they place it, their base, in new york city where they are forgoing their amnesty and will be bound by the laws of the human world in MU america.
    Massively good point.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Someone explain to me please as to why the mutants would provide life-saving medicine to humans and announce a new X-Men team, dedicated to defending the world, if they wanted to rule Earth. Why would they have bothered to strive for UN recognition if they wanted to rule everything? Why would they have set up a diplomatic meeting place, designed to "end wars before they begin"?

Actually don't explain it to me because it makes no sense.

From reading the posts that came directly after Scott and Jean told the QC they're forming the X-Men, this is the kinda drama a lot of us are looking forward to.
    This right here!

Mutants have been playing fair.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Actually no. That's not the intent. Re-read X-Men 04. HiX-Man pretty much spells it out in no uncertain terms.
    Well, doesn't that support it? They're just using capitalism and terraforming instead of Magnetos original plan of killing all the humans instead. Using drugs and money the plan is to basically strongarm their way to the top of the food chain.
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-20-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Lovely idea and I hear there may be a Red Lagoon soon on Mars!
    I can't wait to try the Arakki Draft, I hear it's lethal!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Actually no. That's not the intent. Re-read X-Men 04. HiX-Man pretty much spells it out in no uncertain terms.
    Can you give me your interpretation than I'm a little confused.

Wait, I just have missed or misread something, where did it specify they're forgoing the "no laws apply to mutants" rule for the new X-Men team? Was it an interview?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Wait, I just have missed or misread something, where did it specify they're forgoing the "no laws apply to mutants" rule for the new X-Men team? Was it an interview?
    It was stated several times their base would be in NYC. The x-men base being in nyc on american soil they own makes them subject to american law. If they aren't i will be right there in the pit with you saying it doesn't makes sense. Otherwise why not just have the team operate from Krakoa. They have stressed the base will be in NYC. That is under the jurisdiction of the MU America Law.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It was stated several times their base would be in NYC. The x-men base being in nyc on american soil they own makes them subject to american law. If they aren't i will be right there in the pit with you saying it doesn't makes sense. Otherwise why not just have the team operate from Krakoa. They have stressed the base will be in NYC. That is under the jurisdiction of the MU America Law.
    Well that's not the same thing as forgoing their amnesty. Storm offered to bail out the Helles Belles right after they committed a robbery in NYC, which would be confusing if amnesty didn't apply anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    This right here!

Mutants have been playing fair.
    Well, they've been using mind control to get politicians to vote the way they want, which most people wouldn't consider fair

And frankly I think this will be interesting to watch unfold. Will their base be like one of their habitats/embassies? If so, will their actions on American soil subject them to American law, or will they be considered diplomats? So much story potential.

I'm surprised to see so many people surprised at the idea that the whole dinner scene wasn't meant to clarify that mutants plan on using capitalism to leverage themselves into controlling everything. It was pretty clearly stated IMO: Mags and Apocalypse have given up on taking over using violence, and instead use politics and capitalism, and Xavier has given up on integration and coexistence.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

If the X-men were truyly taking over earth with economic means why are most traditional big MU bussines still growing strong? like Tony and Reedīs or even Peter tecnology? this is like saying Wakanda will take over the world because they are the only ones who have control over vibranium. That scene is not about taking over the world with the economy, itīs about taking their part of the pay to fight off the bussines dedicated to sentinel development. Namor even commented they were way too soft, just have a little island and heīs not impressed because he REALLY wants to take over the world. So no, I donīt think they are really doing anything other traditional bussines are already doing.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Can you give me your interpretation than I'm a little confused.
    My interpretation...

It's a threat. A "flex" if you will. Magneto carefully lays out to the other diplomats exactly what Krakoa is fully capable of doing in order to secure their safety and security, globally, against organisations like Orchis and "the wrong sort of people". He let's them know that he knows exactly how the game is played and that they have the ways and means to play it better and win.

It's not a plan which they will decidedly put in motion to take over the world.
    As Xavier later tells the delegates to "Learn the Lesson. Evolve. Adapt. Become something more." Giving them a chance to do better, be better...or else. Thereby putting the onus on the other nations present to ensure the next moves they make are wise ones. Essentially telling them "Don't start none. Won't be none".

Admittedly it is a tad antagonistic but it's Mags...that's what we expect. And Charles, having just been killed and resurrected, was clearly over their ****...and rightly so.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-20-2021 at 03:25 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'm surprised to see so many people surprised at the idea that the whole dinner scene wasn't meant to clarify that mutants plan on using capitalism to leverage themselves into controlling everything. It was pretty clearly stated IMO: Mags and Apocalypse have given up on taking over using violence, and instead use politics and capitalism, and Xavier has given up on integration and coexistence.
    The mutants intend to leverage politics and capitalism like every other developed nation in the world. They must be stopped! None of that works if humans don't participate. But as we saw in HOX #1, Mr. Mingyu and Mr. Kol are salivating to make greedy deals.

Well, they've been using mind control to get politicians to vote the way they want, which most people wouldn't consider fair
    They're politicians...they also use a form of mind control in their own way, alls fair in LIES and politics