Page 57 of 70 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Exactly. The X-Men don't have any vulnerability or grounding anymore. They're no different than the Eternals, Asgardians or Inhumans. You know why Gabby dying mattered? Because she's not an immortal super god, unlike literally every single other character in the franchise. Which is why New Mutants was better than planet size.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Let’s be real, that is a forced editorial mandate used to try to justify the direction. It’s literally never going to happen because then there’d be no reason for the X-Men to exist. But the thing with flexes, when everything is nothing but flexes, it’s boring because it creates the ‘boring invincible’ archetype. Part of what makes the X-Men enjoyable is their human side. Not everything has to be a flex.
    How in god's name have the mutants been invincible? Like seriously what comic have you been reading where the mutants are in invincible?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So...you want them to be more human towards those who consider them less than human.
    We might get your wish...with Duggan's X-Men. I can't wait to see Scott and Jean and the others show their humanity. I'm genuinely very excited to see them be heroic in the most literal sense of the word.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Well they aren't unkillable but they pop back up a page later. People used to say death in comics was just for shock value, but at least usually it had an interesting story leading into it. Death of Wolverine, Death of Spider-Man, Death of Superman. Now it's just shock value without payoff

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Exactly. The X-Men don't have any vulnerability or grounding anymore. They're no different than the Eternals, Asgardians or Inhumans. You know why Gabby dying mattered? Because she's not an immortal super god, unlike literally every single other character in the franchise. Which is why New Mutants was better than planet size.
    The group of people who have been hunted and genocided more times than I can count have no vulnerabilities ooooooooook

You guys are only focusing on the "flexing", which is obviously your right. But there have been a ton of vulnerable and tender moments which you're choosing to ignore.

I won't post the gorgeous Ororo/Emma scene after Kate's death cause I don't feel like ruining my mascara.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    The group of people who have been hunted and genocided more times than I can count have no vulnerabilities ooooooooook
    As soon as victims stand up for themselves they're "only flexing". Ha!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Like if there's...what 20+ million at the minimum, and have the power to rehape worlds at a whim, with huge politically economic and cultural control, does the "oppressed minority" allegory even work anymore? How does an oppressed minority "Reign" exactly
    Last edited by gonnagiveittoya; 06-20-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Well they aren't unkillable but they pop back up a page later. People used to say death in comics was just for shock value, but at least usually it had an interesting story leading into it. Death of Wolverine, Death of Spider-Man, Death of Superman. Now it's just shock value without payoff
    If you are reading a comic book expecting people to stay dead I got bad news for you.

Racists and xenophobes will keep looking for ways to exterminate mutants, peace and understanding only works when the other side is willing to listen and is capable of tolerance, after all I saw 2020 I’m convinced that reason and logic just do not work when dealing with unreasonable, ignorant individuals, nothing the x-men will ever do will change the minds of the bigots hell bent on wiping them out.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    If you are reading a comic book expecting people to stay dead I got bad news for you.
    Again, at least with those deaths good stories came with them even if they stayed dead. hell Death of Wolverine gave us Logan, one of the best superhero movies ever made. That wouldn't have happened in the Krakoa era

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You guys are only focusing on the "flexing", which is obviously your right. But there have been a ton of vulnerable and tender moments which you're choosing to ignore.

I won't post the gorgeous Ororo/Emma scene after Kate's death cause I don't feel like ruining my mascara.

As soon as victims stand up for themselves they're "only flexing". Ha!
    They've been the vast minority fringe of the run though. Hickmans lead has been the opposite, and he's the one in charge.

Like if there's...what 20+ million at the minimum, and have the power to rehape worlds at a whim, with huge politically economic and cultural control, does the "oppressed minority" allegory even work anymore?
    Yeah I noticed you edited this post real quick huh

idk why don't you ask the thousands of mutants who are not omega or alpha level what life was like under certain governments

They've been the vast minority fringe of the run though. Hickmans lead has been the opposite, and he's the one in charge.
    I disagree.

Look at those mutant supremacist children flexing, not letting a bunch of heavily armed humans kill them. How dare they cry.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

You are correct the random background characters to the ones who can teleport across the planet and level cities with a thought might have it harder, but they aren't the focus of the vast majority of the books aside from New Mutants

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I disagree.

Look at those mutant supremacist children flexing, not letting a bunch of heavily armed humans kill them. How dare they cry.
    Man if only the Omegas used their powers to immediately eliminate the threat, the only reason which they don't being "the plot says they can't yet", instead of using them to flex