Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah, my favorite thing about minority allegories is...turning those allegories into supremacists. Hooray.

It's like those people who unironically think Killmonger was right in the Black Panther movie, because he wanted genocide and imperialism, but this time in the other direction, so it's fine. (God I can't wait for the MCU X-Men, who definitely won't be constantly espousing ethnonationalism and racial supremacist ideology)

The master race thing doesn't hold water in a universe in which X-Men are not the only beings with superpowers. Are the Fantastic Four a Master Race? The Avengers?
    This bothers me as well. Particularly your first paragraph. The X-Men were always good guys. They fought against mutants who believed in the superiority of mutantkind. Xavier’s dream was of integration, just like MLK, Jr. It’s disturbing to see Xavier and Magneto declare themselves rulers of the solar system. Why shouldn’t we root for Orchis now? Why shouldn’t the U.S. or Russia unleash a massive nuclear bombardment on Krakoa? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    They aren’t physically superior. Genosha and the Wild Sentinels sure showed us that.
    Yes, humans are very skilled at destruction while mutants are superior in creation. Hi Planet Arrako

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Theres obviously not, theres no indication that the drugs will have ill effect down the line.

People keep trying to put negative spins on different aspects of this era to justify their dislike for whats happening. The flowers are to krakoa whar vibranium is to wakanda.
    I'm skeptical that Xavier and Magneto, seeing that humanity's big trick is finding ways to augment themselves with machines to outmode the need for evolutionary mutation, would then immediately decide to extend human lifespans. My guess is the long play the drugs do something to make homo novissima impossible.

This bothers me as well. Particularly your first paragraph. The X-Men were always good guys. They fought against mutants who believed in the superiority of mutantkind. Xavier’s dream was of integration, just like MLK, Jr. It’s disturbing to see Xavier and Magneto declare themselves rulers of the solar system. Why shouldn’t we root for Orchis now? Why shouldn’t the U.S. or Russia unleash a massive nuclear bombardment on Krakoa? Really?
    Boohoo, mutants no longer protect our kind (even the ones who launched multiple murder attempts on them) amd are advancing so far ahead of us. Them damn muties!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Boohoo, mutants no longer protect our kind (even the ones who launched multiple murder attempts on them) amd are advancing so far ahead of us. Them damn muties!
    Well they did give up on their ideals off-panel virtually overnight with no explanation.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

It wasnīt a jump in evolution, they bonded with sentinels so they became a kind of Omega sentinel so when the Phalanx came to Earth they could not help being absorbed by them, thatīs the main dilemma in the end of PoX, Nimrod and the Librarian wanted to find a solution with the old records about mutants and Moira was send by Wovlerine to stop this from happening, the enemy is not humanity or mutants, the enemy are the Phalanx and thatīs what Krakoa was made for to stop a human and mutant war from ocurring that would lead to humans becoming part machine and later bonding with the Phalanx, thatīs what Moira, Charles and Erik want to stop.

Itīs an interesting dilemma because before during Days of future past, the problem was how to stop a world ruled by sentinels and now, the problem to solve is how to stop all of humanity (mutants and humans) from being absorbed by the collective of the Phalanx and this brings the conflict in the current era of X-men, because this absortion happens thousands of years in the future and yet itīs neccesary for them to be ready for whatīs happening now, to stop that history from repeating itself. So Moira, Charles and Erik are doing what they believe is neccesary but in seeking to do that, they are scaring off their allies because they have never acted as bold as they are acting now and still they see itīs as a good cause.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-18-2021 at 12:15 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

six of one, half dozen of the other. Either way if the drugs keep them from merging with machinery that'd go a long way to preventing that future(s?)

six of one, half dozen of the other. Either way if the drugs keep them from merging with machinery that'd go a long way to preventing that future(s?)
    They don't need to merge with machines, they can do DNA engineering

My main issue with any talk of mutants doing something wrong at this stage beyond we haven't actually seen it is if it POX holds true even when the humans won and there were only two mutants left or a handful for the most part they still decided to give themselves over to the robots and give away the one thing that matters, their own free will. until more is shown on that i just can't get past the idea that if i knew what the moira did and i was a regular baseline human, i could not imagine anything being a bigger threat than stealing my free will.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I mean, they are superior. You think they shouldn't act that way in order to not upset the feelings of the race who's been trying to wipe them out (and will always succeed in doing so) since the dawn of their kind?
    I mean, are they really as superior as they seem to think? I mean just look at other humans who became mutates for example. Spider-Man has shown that his powers are able to be carried on at least 2 generations later without losing any of their potency which in turn presents an evolutionary offshoot via any of the spider people’s descendants. Likewise, Reed Richards and Sue Storm produced an offspring who is an omega level reality warper capable of creating universes and is functionally immortal. For Magneto writing Franklin off now that he’s not a mutant, if not for him, the multiverse and possibly even 616 wouldn’t exist right now after Secret Wars. Forget terraforming a planet, this kid recreated the multiverse. Then there’s the Hulk who not only is able to pass on his gamma powers to his offspring which in turn creates a group of immortal being capable of tearing the world apart but Hulk was shown to be the last one left at the end of the universe, surviving into the next iteration. So what exactly is it that’s so special about mutantkind when there exists so many x-factors among humankind?
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 06-18-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Well we also know that Moira hasn't told Xavier and Magneto everything yet. There's likely a lot more she's hiding

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Bassically yes, imagine all the ways we already depend on machines to survive, be it because we are in a coma and need a machine to helps us breath or because we need a heart pacemaker the drugs are supposed to help to make everyone less dependent on machines, thatīs also the reason why they have stopped using so much traditional tecnology on Krakoa.

So far it looks like a good plan but I think they should really lift the precognitive ban, Moira fears Destiny but she could help, so I guess thatīs what INFERNO is going to be about.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 06-18-2021 at 12:21 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

BTW, I’m still hanging in there with the HiXmen. I may not like everything they are doing in these books, but I am reading. I am interested. Some of the titles are a bore, but most of the big books by Hickman and now even Duggan are tossing some mind-boggling concepts out there. I wish all the titles were as interesting as HoX and PoX. It is exciting, even if I don’t care for what seems like ethical and worldview changes from these characters. The X titles have gone from being downgraded in importance, to now being Marvel’s most important comics. I am very glad Marvel got the X rights back with the Fox purchase. I’m happy that they’ve stopped trying to make Inhumans into mutants. In that sense, this is like reading the X-Men of the ‘80s and ‘90s.

Well we also know that Moira hasn't told Xavier and Magneto everything yet. There's likely a lot more she's hiding
    I wonder about this, too. Although Moira allowed Chuck to scan her. Maybe she doesn’t have secrets from Charles.

I wonder about this, too. Although Moira allowed Chuck to scan her. Maybe she doesn’t have secrets from Charles.
    She allowed him to scan her. It could be possible that its revealed that she can block off parts of her mind/memories